Author Topic: Blade Runner 2049 - October 6, 2017  (Read 1480 times)

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline Polarbear

Re: Blade Runner 2049 - October 6, 2017
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2017, 09:57:02 AM »
Bump!

New trailer has been released for Blade Runner 2049! Looks fantastic! My second most anticipated movie of year, after The Last Jedi.

https://youtu.be/knptEc9_eQs

Online Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2017, 10:35:27 AM »
That's looks awesome. I am so excited.
All people die, but not many people ever truly live

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2017, 05:32:54 PM »
Trailer has not dampened my excitement.

Offline jammindude

• The Jammin Dude Show
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2017, 07:02:33 PM »
This....is....the 21st Century.   I should NOT be having this problem.

When I worked at a video store from 1996-2000, I was *CONSTANTLY* having to tell the buyer, "hey, the sequel for Movie X comes out next week, so you should order a butt load of the first movie to stock on shelves."   I always heard, "nah, not that many people are going to want it."   And every single time, it was the same thing.   Dozens of people flock to my store wanting to buy the first movie before they go to see the sequel.....and we don't have any.

Now, everything is digital.   I should be able to do whatever....On Demand....Prime....Netflix....buy the blu-ray.....   But guess what?   I want to watch Blade Runner, and no streaming is available, and the Blu-Ray won't be available til next week.   No Amazon overnite shipping. 

Am I just being a spoiled brat?   I think that given the day and age we live in, this should be a NO BRAINER.   I should be able to watch Blade Runner TONIGHT if I feel like it.    BUUUUUUTTTTT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>:( :censored
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - http://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Zantera

• the Flood
  • DTF.org Member
  • Feedback overload
    • http://parisinthespring.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2017, 02:19:32 PM »
This....is....the 21st Century.   I should NOT be having this problem.

When I worked at a video store from 1996-2000, I was *CONSTANTLY* having to tell the buyer, "hey, the sequel for Movie X comes out next week, so you should order a butt load of the first movie to stock on shelves."   I always heard, "nah, not that many people are going to want it."   And every single time, it was the same thing.   Dozens of people flock to my store wanting to buy the first movie before they go to see the sequel.....and we don't have any.

Now, everything is digital.   I should be able to do whatever....On Demand....Prime....Netflix....buy the blu-ray.....   But guess what?   I want to watch Blade Runner, and no streaming is available, and the Blu-Ray won't be available til next week.   No Amazon overnite shipping. 

Am I just being a spoiled brat?   I think that given the day and age we live in, this should be a NO BRAINER.   I should be able to watch Blade Runner TONIGHT if I feel like it.    BUUUUUUTTTTT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>:( :censored

Nah I think you're being reasonable. I feel like in 2017 with streaming (and all of the services) as well as buying movies digitally, if Piracy becomes the only option for seeing something the same night (even though you are willing to pay for it) then there's something wrong somewhere in the system.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2017, 06:40:07 PM »
I have my ticket for opening night, and I've reserved the best seat in the theater, which is one of my favorite aspects of modern movie-going.

Offline jammindude

• The Jammin Dude Show
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2017, 06:58:47 PM »
For the record....a FB friend pipped up and loaned me the BluRay of The Final Cut.   I hadn't seen it in over 20 years, so I thought it was a pleasant surprise.  (being as I didn't remember a single thing about it.)  Although I can see why people criticized it for the pacing, I have to say that was one thing that (in my old age) I found it refreshing.    I commonly criticize modern movies for "machine gunning" the story line, and being feeling like they were edited by Freddy Krueger.   Seeing a slower paced sci-fi story that felt more like "Casablanca in the 21st Century" was a nice nod to old school film making.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - http://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #43 on: Today at 04:51:40 PM »
Gosling seems very bland in the teaser. I won't watch the full trailer because they usually give away too much shit. I'm gonna call it and say Gosling's character is NOT a replicant. It would be too obvious. Or maybe that's what they want us to think? Anyway, I'll find out when the movie comes out on DVD next year.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Online Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #44 on: Today at 05:14:46 PM »
Ah yes, the age old question. Is Gosling a replicant?

I'm not sure, but I do know that Gaff is in the film once more and we'll have to see if he leaves a paper mache scorpion or something  :lol
« Last Edit: Today at 06:14:18 PM by Phoenix87x »
All people die, but not many people ever truly live