Author Topic: Roadtrip  (Read 3379 times)

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Roadtrip
« on: April 18, 2016, 09:39:27 AM »
One of our esteemed DTF colleagues can't use his tickets to the Philadelphia show, and since they have practically zero resell value he's passed them along to me. I'm knocking around the idea of hauling ass down there from NYC for the show. For the locals, how annoying would this likely be? How is the drive down there on a Fri afternoon? Any suggestions (and "it's not worth it" might well be a valid one)? Also, there are two tickets, so if somebody is interested in facilitating this by all means speak up.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Roadtrip
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 03:53:18 PM »
Not sure if you are set on driving to Philadelphia, but I thought the Amtrak from NY to Philadelphia was a quick trip (around two hours)  :smiley:

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 08:30:34 AM »
I saw 'road trip', and didn't read this until this morning.  So, how was it?  I know 95 slows down but doesn't crawl around 5, while the area around Upper Darby becomes molasses after 5pm.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 12:09:41 PM »
I saw 'road trip', and didn't read this until this morning.  So, how was it?  I know 95 slows down but doesn't crawl around 5, while the area around Upper Darby becomes molasses after 5pm.
It was a no-go. Didn't even get to Queens until a bit after 7.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson