Author Topic: 2016-04-14 Montreal  (Read 2619 times)

Offline GandL

2016-04-14 Montreal
« on: April 15, 2016, 06:04:49 AM »
Going to the show tonight in Montreal with our youngest daughter  :metal

They began the North American tour yesterday in Quebec, I wasn't there but saw the critics this morning. It looks like the mixing of the sound wasn't good for the first 20 minutes but got better and better until a point where it was almost too loud (it was a small venue of 1300 seats and was sold out. They said John Petrucci was on fire especially during A Better Life, Chosen, Our New World ans especially A New Beginning.

There wasn't too much interaction with the public except for Hymn of a Thousand Voices during which the crowd was singing and I quote ''Our New World, Power Down and Astonishing'', how the hell can you sing during Power Down lol  :rollin

SebastianPratesi

Re: 2016-04-14 Montreal
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 06:25:44 AM »
how the hell can you sing during Power Down lol  :rollin
I'm not too sure, but maybe a lot of the audience that night were actually NOMACs. But again, I'm not too sure.

Have a great show! I'm happy they announced they'll come around to my country as well (although, since apparently it'll be in June, I don't think I'll have enough money by then).

Offline Buckethead

• Poopstring
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 02:35:08 PM »
See ya there!

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 02:30:41 AM »
Did you enjoy the show?
Did you sing during Power Down?

Offline CharlesPL

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 03:16:00 AM »
Cool pics indeed... thaks for the link

Offline GandL

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2016, 06:07:44 PM »
Did you enjoy the show?
Did you sing during Power Down?

:lol, actually, no.... I didn't sing during this one.

I enjoy the show a lot, we were on 4th row right in front of JP.

Most of the crowd did stay up for the complete show, at leat around us, I think JP and James liked it.

This was the 4th time I was seeing them, as usual almost flawless. James was actually on fire, the best performance I saw from him, he was moving around a lot compare to what I have seen up to now from this tour, he was theatrical, and he did deliver a perfect performance, he was in great form, did hit all the notes, not what I have seen from the European leg. My daughter was a bit concerned about that, and he prooved her wrong.

MM had a lot of fun behind his kit and was doing all sort of funny things, we laught a lot about that, he was a clown  :lol

But this brings me to the other ones, I'm not sure what's happening about them, they were playing great but felt lifeless ? JM and JR looked almost bored and JP was looking pretty tired, may be his beared look ? You cannot see him smiling with it... He is 3 years old younger that me, and he always looked younger than me, but it wasn't the case yesterday, he looked old and tired with the exception of his big arms that my daughter noticed  :lol  But still, a brilliant performance from him.

I was surprised that some of the songs that I consider average from the album were actually very very good in the show, and A new Beginning was a real joy see.

Some people I saw complained about the sound, but from where we were standing the sound was perfect, well mixed, and loud enough.

So to conclude, technically the best performance I saw from them, I enjoy their new album, it was a great experience, but not the best show for me, with the set list they had during the Systematic Chaos tour in Montreal  with songs like Octavarium and others from Image and Worlds and SFaM, that was unforgetable.

This was the first show for my girl with her dad, she enjoyed it so much, she likes DT, it was the first time she was seeing them, all her friends were jaleous and she had a big smile after the show.

As a side note, I would say the age of the crowed was probably around 45 years old. The other DT show I saw before it was a lot younger, that was strange, may be because of that concept album ?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 06:23:49 PM by GandL »

Offline CharlesPL