Author Topic: The Astonishing in South America  (Read 18607 times)

Offline Architeuthis

Re: The Astonishing in South America
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2016, 11:47:11 AM »
So what's the attendance like at the South America shows?
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2016, 01:42:36 PM »

I was at the São Paulo show and the public seemed to be around 60 % of the capacity. 100% until the middle of the house and empty around the last ranks.
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2016, 10:01:36 PM »
Speaking of dramatic turns of events: just a few hours ago, Buenos Aires' Government denied Luna Park the permission for tonight's and tomorrow's shows by Maluma (a latin singer), and apparently Fifth Harmony's show on Sunday as well. So, there's a chance that DT's show on Tuesday might not happen at all.

I guess we'll see how this turns out. Because, if it's indeed cancelled, the band will be free all week in Argentina, until their shows on Chile. Hopefully the Luna Park/Government conflict will be solved by Monday. If not, let's hope the band gets the chance to change venue/date.

Offline Darkstarshades

« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2016, 11:46:41 PM »

I'm actually very heavily concerned about the Guadalajara show, not even the VIP zone is sold.
Jatruccyundessgini

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2016, 08:51:25 AM »

I'm actually very heavily concerned about the Guadalajara show, not even the VIP zone is sold.
DT is not a band that sells out the first day. There are plenty of tickets left by the time the show comes by, and they sell fine. Maybe they won't sell out the venue, but that's ok.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2016, 01:00:33 PM »
What's the issue at Luna Park?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2016, 10:15:52 AM »
What's the issue at Luna Park?

On Friday night, the Stadium issued a press release. Apparently, Bs. As. Gov't didn't allow the weekend shows to take place, so they were reprogrammed (on different dates/locations).

We are still waiting for confirmation, but all seems to be Ok and tomorrow's show should go ahead as planned.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2016, 03:01:26 AM »
From JLB's FB:

Hey Beunos Aires,
Just letting you know that the Luna Park show tomorrow night will go on as planned.
See u there and let's have an amazing evening.
Time to kick serious ass...
You with me...!!!!!

Offline nattmorker

« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2016, 09:22:25 AM »
Well, I finally got tickets for the México city show on july 8th. My wife is going with me, it's gonna be great! It's anybody else going to this gig?

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2016, 10:29:07 PM »
Well, I finally got tickets for the México city show on july 8th. My wife is going with me, it's gonna be great! It's anybody else going to this gig?
I'm coming!
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline DreamerTV

• Italian DTFer
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2016, 09:15:42 AM »
Was the Luna Park attendance affected by this issue with the gov?
'Cause from what i've seen on YT the venue wasn't full as used to be for DT.

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2016, 11:07:12 AM »
Was the Luna Park attendance affected by this issue with the gov?
'Cause from what i've seen on YT the venue wasn't full as used to be for DT.
I come back home tomorrow, and I'll post a longer reply (plus pics and anecdotes).
But, in short: no, it wasn't affected by it. There were other factors, I think.
And yes, it wasn't full. In fact, some sections were completely empty.

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2016, 07:06:24 PM »
So, yeah, there was the issue between Luna Park and the Gov't, which went from Friday to Monday. Still, the ticket-selling was already 'weak' by Thursday (I checked the ticket-selling website daily). I think this might have been caused because:

-it was not a Weekend show, so a lot of people might not have been able to skip work. A girl I was talking to before the show, told me she had already told her boss she wouldn't be going to her workplace the following day.

-apparently, tickets were more expensive than the last time. I didn't go to the 2014 show, so I can't compare, but I remember reading through Facebook comments on the Argentinean Fan Club a couple of weeks ago, and many people complained about the prices.

-the band was not playing anything but the new album. And, as you can expect, a lot of fans were probably turned off by this.

I wonder how big the audiences were in Brazil, and how big they'll be in Chile in a few days. Any Brazilian or Chilean fans around here?

Offline DreamerTV

• Italian DTFer
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2016, 12:13:44 PM »
From what i've seen for the Mexican gigs, the sales are very low...

Offline Mladen

« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2016, 12:25:39 PM »
Well, their tickets have been getting more expensive for years now. It's no surprising to see a drop in ticket sales, and especially now that the band only plays new material. That always limits the audience. But hey, that's what management and marketing campaigns are for, I'm sure the band and the crew are earning enough money.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2016, 06:52:56 PM »
Yeah, compared to 2014's massive Along for the Ride show, this year's tickets skyrocketed in price. I know the production is bigger, but it kinda alienates casual fans. Also, some peeps aren't too happy with the tour being an exclusive The Astonishing show because they didn't like the album that much.
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Darkstarshades

« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2016, 01:55:05 AM »
That was what I was initially fearing.
The sales are moderate at best, with the 2nd Mexico City night being the show with the most tickets, from what I see.
The audience here is fairly shitty, DT can't make a post without people whining about wanting Portnoy back and that the album sucked, and many others qq because Monterrey didn't get a date.
As far as I recall from a friend, the Monterrey show sales were decent at best last tour, so that could be a reason.
I'll see if I can post a pic of how the Guadalajara show is going as soon as the website ends its maintenance.

Maybe people don't know Teatro Diana is in Guadalajara since the sites, for whathever reason, keep insisting on it being located in Tlaquepaque, which, while part of Guadalajara city, isn't where the theater is.
(Either way, if I fall asleep before it goes up again, you can check here: https://www.ticketmaster.com.mx/dream-theater-presenta-the-astonishing-guadalajara-jalisco-11-07-2016/event/140050A491563F86?artistid=744581&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=826)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 02:20:47 AM by Darkstarshades »
Jatruccyundessgini

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2016, 08:48:39 AM »
Yeah, I mean... I think it should be noted that one big chunk of DT's audience are casual fans and not die-hards like us. Some of them want to go and see some guys play fast with some guy singing Pull Me Under and have a beer or two. Several friends of mine like Dream Theater very much but they haven't even listened to The Astonishing because of whatever reason, so why would they go see them live this time? I know that there will be plenty of last-time purchases but I can't see the venue filling up.
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #88 on: July 05, 2016, 11:41:24 AM »

I wonder how big the audiences were in Brazil, and how big they'll be in Chile in a few days. Any Brazilian or Chilean fans around here?

Quote from: Architeuthis on June 24, 2016, 11:47:11 AM

I was at the São Paulo show and the public seemed to be around 60 % of the capacity (edit: maybe less). 100% until the middle of the house and empty around the last ranks.
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline Darkstarshades

« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2016, 09:47:15 AM »
Teatro Diana just halved the prices. 2x1 for today.
Jatruccyundessgini

Offline Lark the Starless

• Engrish.
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2016, 03:23:00 PM »
I'll be headed to today's concert in Mexico City. Tickets say the concert starts at 9 pm. Is this the case?

Offline nattmorker

« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2016, 11:59:49 PM »
I'll be headed to today's concert in Mexico City. Tickets say the concert starts at 9 pm. Is this the case?

I was there, it was awesome!

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2016, 06:54:19 AM »
How was the attendance in the Mexico City shows. Seems like there were several concerns about it prior to the gigs/

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2016, 07:20:07 AM »
As I predicted, attendance was just fine. Lots of peeps bought their tickets a few hours before the show. The two shows were nearly sold-out.

Also, the gigs were incredible (I went to both).
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #94 on: July 10, 2016, 04:37:00 PM »
As I predicted, attendance was just fine. Lots of peeps bought their tickets a few hours before the show. The two shows were nearly sold-out.

Glad to hear this. I wonder how the Guadalajara gig is going to do.

Offline Darkstarshades

« Reply #95 on: July 10, 2016, 07:40:29 PM »

Glad to hear this. I wonder how the Guadalajara gig is going to do.

I will write a review here of the show once it ends.  ;)
Jatruccyundessgini

Offline Darkstarshades

Re: The Astonishing in South América
« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2016, 07:57:13 PM »
I can safely say that this show is totally one of the greatest things I've ever seen. I had not felt this way since the Zelda orchestra show a few years back.
The crowd was great, we all sang pretty much all the time, JLB was nailing almost everything and he did some truly badass high screams on notes such as On The Road to Revolution ending.

John Myung was fairy active, JP's solo at A New Beginning was bettet than the album one, unfortunately, the thing ended too quickly and it was cut short.

Of course there were guys yelling stuff at random points, but they knew when to do it and they didn't interrupt key mellow parts.

Mix was great, almost perfect during the first act, except maybe for MM's drums being a little low at the start, but that was corrected quickly, it wasn't loud.
The second act did suffer from Jordan being a little low on some parts, but wasn't so noticieable and was fixed during Heaven's Cove

There were tears, people singing their lungs off during ONW and Astonishing, such a great great night. The exchange between Ahrys and Daryus during ATO, the crowd did an awesome job singing Ahrys's parts and remained silent while JLB sang Daryus.

At the end, we sang Happy Birthday to JP, he didn't bite the cake, however :(
Only issue was the heat, for whathever reason there was no refrigeration whatsoever and we were roasting ourselves. 9.5/10!
10/10 for the band.
Jatruccyundessgini