Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. OMG Guys it's a new Chat Thread  (Read 380832 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. OMG Guys it's a new Chat Thread
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2016, 05:13:49 AM »
Not for the poor recliner.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2016, 05:15:33 AM »
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2016, 05:39:42 AM »
Evening Prog. What's going on? I'm playing some Battle Born beta and it's a pretty good time.

I wound up falling asleep. Three nights in a row. A new record. It's Thursday though, and historically I rarely sleep on Thursday nights.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2016, 05:56:44 AM »
That's good news. Keep up the good streak!

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2016, 06:02:58 AM »
I'm waiting to hear from my adviser. I'm supposed to start school in June.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2016, 06:04:25 AM »
That's awesome Prog :tup What are you going back to school for?

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2016, 06:15:02 AM »
Well, I thought about getting a degree in computer science but I really don't need to get one. My certifications will more than present an opportunity for employment as long as I keep them updated. Degrees become defunct when it comes to technology. Sure, the basics don't change but a 20 year old degree in computers will be missing lots of newer information. Instead, I'm studying finance. I figured it's an excellent backup and will always be something that we need in this world. Besides, I'm abnormally good with numbers and I plan on being financially independent one day. Hopefully soon. I have wild dreams.  :lol

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2016, 06:46:48 AM »
Massages in the office today. Nice little perk.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2016, 07:09:11 AM »
Happy endings?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2016, 07:11:27 AM »
I knew that was going to be in the next post, regardless of who made it.

That would be no.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2016, 07:14:11 AM »
That's awesome Prog, are you doing it online?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2016, 07:27:02 AM »
I knew that was going to be in the next post, regardless of who made it.
Me too.

I took one for the team, so no one else would have to do it.

That would be no.
That's OK.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2016, 07:33:24 AM »
I'm surrounded by O's fans and they are cool.  Talking baseball and sipping on Dunkin Donuts.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2016, 07:49:27 AM »
I'm surrounded by O's fans and they are cool.  Talking baseball and sipping on Dunkin Donuts.

Be glad they aren't Phillies fans.  They probably would've assaulted you by now.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2016, 08:25:08 AM »

Where are you now? I'm from Baltimore and I've always thought our fans were fairly gracious, for the most part. It's good to hear we still have some class.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2016, 10:52:14 AM »
God I hate my commute more and more every day. It's so monotonous. My job is draining because I teach little kids at four different schools (different school eveyr day on a four day rotation), and two of the schools have different start and end times as the other two which means uneven sleep schedule... Four different learning climates and environments, one school the kids get hardly any discipline, another school is run like clockwork so there's no discipline problems but also very little room for kids to be kids... I go from classroom to classroom because i"m the 2nd music teacher so obv the full time music teacher at the school has the room (if there is one)... And then I'm so burned out and wiped when I get home that all I want to do is sleep. I'm cranky and have no motivation to do anything fun with my daughter (or wife), which as a result is putting strains on my relationship with both of them. I'm unhappy. I'm looking for a job that's closer to home but no one is biting right now. Luckily it's early in the school gig game so I'm not super worried, but it's taking a toll.

Do any of you have suggestions on how I can get more energy or just feel better? And please don't make jokes I'm really not in the mood.
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2016, 10:59:20 AM »
Honestly, it sounds like you are suffering from depression. It might be situational as opposed to chemical or psychological, but the symptoms are the same. You might try talking to a therapist or a doctor to see if there are things you can do that would help improve your mood while you hunt for a new job. That stuff permeates everything you and can drag every single aspect of your life down. Trust me on this, I know from a lifetime of continued experience.

Other than that, the only things I could suggest are to try to make a concerted effort to focus on the good things you have, mainly your daughter and wife. Talk to your wife and let her know how you feel but also let her know how important she is to you so maybe she'll understand a little bit more what you are going through. Take the time to be with your daughter. Even if you're tired, I think you'll find the time with her is more therapeutic than it seems it might be when you're beat.

And get sleep, as much as you can. Stick to an evening rhythm that gets you in bed and turned off for the night so you get some reasonable sleep. Not every night can be like clockwork but the more recuperative sleep you get, the better off you will be when you're awake.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2016, 11:09:57 AM »

Be glad they aren't Phillies fans.  They probably would've assaulted you by now.

I've experienced that first hand.

Where are you now? I'm from Baltimore and I've always thought our fans were fairly gracious, for the most part. It's good to hear we still have some class.

I was at the Washington DC airport.   I had a Red Sox t-shirt on and a few of us were talking about this week's series.

Just got home.   Home sweet home.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2016, 11:14:37 AM »

I've experienced that first hand.

Well, to be fair, I was going to go with "They probably would've burned the airport to the ground by now", but figured that might be a little extreme, even for them.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2016, 12:28:43 PM »

I saw a Yankees game in Baltimore because, well,  they don't charge you an arm and a leg and your firstborn. Ironically enough my ex's sister got into an argument with the people in front of us. Normally, I disagree with her but this time she was in the right. The National Anthem was being sung so we were standing. People were trying to get into their row. She said 'sure, just wait until the song is over', which I completely agree with. However, they took it as her being a bitch so it started this whole thing. It's funny because I've been to hockey games where you get booed if you get up to use the bathroom while the puck is in play. I think the National Anthem deserves a few seconds of you keeping your mouth shut and not worrying about getting to your seat at that very moment.

That's awesome Prog, are you doing it online?

Indeed, I am. Hopefully all of the paperwork goes through.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2016, 12:34:20 PM »
So my good day has gone bad. I got a letting the mail from the crash lawyer informing me that I'm going to be sued over the accident I had last month. She never filed a complaint against her insurance or mine. She just went straight to lawsuit. I did call my insurance company to notify them that I was in an accident but since the damage totaled to $86 they didn't file a claim.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #91 on: April 14, 2016, 12:39:05 PM »
Every fan base has their assholes John.  Look at Nick and the Flyers. ;D

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #92 on: April 14, 2016, 12:40:15 PM »
Every fan base has their assholes John.  Look at Nick and the Flyers. ;D

:lol

So my good day has gone bad. I got a letting the mail from the crash lawyer informing me that I'm going to be sued over the accident I had last month. She never filed a complaint against her insurance or mine. She just went straight to lawsuit. I did call my insurance company to notify them that I was in an accident but since the damage totaled to $86 they didn't file a claim.

Sorry, to hear that. So what's the next step now? Is there a court date? Maybe she'll settle out of court and it can be worked out by the lawyers.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #93 on: April 14, 2016, 12:44:16 PM »
She's suing over $85 ?!

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2016, 12:46:42 PM »
you get booed if you get up to use the bathroom while the puck is in play

This is seriously a thing?  I'd damn sure be giving the entire crowd the finger.  If I have to hit the can, I'll do it when it's convenient for me, not a crowd of self-important strangers.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2016, 12:55:23 PM »
She's suing over $85 ?!

Long story short, I backed into her Jeep because I was fumbling around my girlfriends car at a red light. Out of the corner of my eye I saw traffic started to move but in fact it was just the left advance lane, I took my foot off the brake and idled into her car. Her car was completely fine (I have video and picture proof), my gf's hard had a chipped grill from her hitch hookup. The moment we pulled off to the side of the road she was complaining of severe neck pain and a migraine and went to the hospital. The cops didn't ticket me and concluded that the crash was 5mph or less (she told them I was doing 50+mph). Took a bunch of pictures and exchanged our information. I called the insurance company and they said not to worry about it and if she files a claim they'll get in touch.

After receiving this letter I called the insurance company and she never filed a claim, she just hired some lawyers. So now the insurance company will deal with the suit because they believe under the circumstances she could be trying to get the insurance policy maximums awarded to her.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #97 on: April 14, 2016, 12:58:58 PM »
Scammer all the way.  Lying to the cops is bad and they documented it.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2016, 01:01:25 PM »
Yea the insurance company told me not to worry and it happens often. Even though I'm at fault they have a team to fight people who try and scam the system.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #100 on: April 14, 2016, 01:04:01 PM »
Yeah j backed into someone in a parking lot. Cop didn't give me a ticket but did give me a report form. Called insurance company, they said the other guy said I was in the middle of an intersection when I ran into him. My premium went up but only by a few bucks.
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2016, 01:08:59 PM »
That shit happened to my ex. It was the day of her High School graduation. We were on the way to the school... she in her gown and everything, and we came upon a red light. She asked me to read her a letter from her great uncle that she didn't get to read before leaving. As I read it out loud to her, she began tearing up... she took her foot off the brake pedal slightly and tapped the woman in the car in front of us.

Literally no damage. we were going less than 3 mph. The woman said she was perfectly fine... we exchanged insurance info and were off.

A month or so later, she apparently contacted my ex's insurance company complaining of severe neck pain and made the accident seem like it was 1000x worse than it was. When literally I could have done worse by WALKING into the back of her car. Ultimately the insurance company threw it out. People are fucking assholes.

Then you get the opposite. Panda was rear ended on March 17. Was jerked around by the other insurance company to the point where she's got back pain (Her car was totaled...) and she won't go in to see a Dr.  It's driving me nuts.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2016, 01:10:07 PM »
you get booed if you get up to use the bathroom while the puck is in play

This is seriously a thing?  I'd damn sure be giving the entire crowd the finger.  If I have to hit the can, I'll do it when it's convenient for me, not a crowd of self-important strangers.

Exactly! People don't like their view being blocked while the puck is in play. Some people will just yell something at you. Others will start booing or making a spectacle of themselves. Fuck them. If I have to pee, then I'm going to pee.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2016, 01:11:00 PM »
Yea the insurance company told me not to worry and it happens often. Even though I'm at fault they have a team to fight people who try and scam the system.

There's always someone trying to cheat the system. When is this all supposed to happen?

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2016, 01:14:42 PM »
The insurance company (state farm) is going to pass it to legal department and talk with her attorneys, they will call if they have any questions or if anything new develops.