Author Topic: Ticketmaster Credit Card Entry  (Read 2331 times)

Offline kaos2900

Ticketmaster Credit Card Entry
« on: February 07, 2017, 12:44:33 PM »
Hi everyone! Does anyone have experience with the Credit Card Entry policy through Ticketmaster? I'm planning on getting Lady Gaga tickets for my wife and a couple of her friends and I don't plan on attending the show. Per the policy you have to have the Credit Card and the photo id attached to the card. Can I just give my wife my card and id? I get the idea behind this but it seems like a pain in the ass.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: Ticketmaster Credit Card Entry
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 12:50:46 PM »
Hi everyone! Does anyone have experience with the Credit Card Entry policy through Ticketmaster? I'm planning on getting Lady Gaga tickets for my wife and a couple of her friends and I don't plan on attending the show. Per the policy you have to have the Credit Card and the photo id attached to the card. Can I just give my wife my card and id? I get the idea behind this but it seems like a pain in the ass.
I think you'll have to walk them to the door. I don't think you'll have to go in, but you'll need to be the one to use the tickets. If you haven't bought the tickets yet, I believe that what the scalpers do is to use a Visa gift card which they can then give to the buyer. You might do some reading up on that.

For that matter, your wife doesn't have a card? If it's a surprise just steel the thing and write down the info.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 01:44:17 PM »
Im interested in this as well because this is the policy for my Iron Maiden tickets in NJ.  (NY they didn't force me to get the tickets this way).  But my issue I realized after I purchased the tickets with my credit card, is that my card will expire before the concert.  So my thinking is... don't trash this card.  Keep it and bring it with me in case they need to see it AND bring my new card that Chase will send automatically.  Not sure which one they would accept, but got to think they would take one of them.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 03:05:50 PM »
Im interested in this as well because this is the policy for my Iron Maiden tickets in NJ.  (NY they didn't force me to get the tickets this way).  But my issue I realized after I purchased the tickets with my credit card, is that my card will expire before the concert.  So my thinking is... don't trash this card.  Keep it and bring it with me in case they need to see it AND bring my new card that Chase will send automatically.  Not sure which one they would accept, but got to think they would take one of them.
I've had this come up, and I believe it was what I was told to do. Really, though, as long as the numbers are the same it shouldn't be a problem.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 03:16:39 PM »
I never had to show my card. Just my ID.

I don't know about Iron Maiden because here, they're doing ticketless. So I might have to use my card, can't remember from last time.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 07:24:54 AM »
Thanks for the responses! I just called the venue and her show is not paperless entry so no worries!

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 08:22:28 AM »
I forgot to ask, did you get will call tickets? If so, maybe you can go to venue a day or two before the show and get the tickets then. Or before the show starts the day of.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 09:06:57 AM »
I forgot to ask, did you get will call tickets? If so, maybe you can go to venue a day or two before the show and get the tickets then. Or before the show starts the day of.
That's what happened to us for my Dream Theater tickets.  When we got the tickets, I had an issue with my card so we used my wife's card.  We went to the venue the weekend before the show and picked up the tickets so there wouldn't be an issue.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 09:18:38 AM »
Not all venues allow that.  I was quite annoyed that I couldn't do that one time because I wanted to try to resell or give away my ticket for a sold out show that I couldn't attend (nor could go that day to pick up the tickets).  But a call to the box office can confirm that.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2017, 09:33:26 AM »
Not all venues allow that.  I was quite annoyed that I couldn't do that one time because I wanted to try to resell or give away my ticket for a sold out show that I couldn't attend (nor could go that day to pick up the tickets).  But a call to the box office can confirm that.
Yeah, best bet for any of these situations is just to call them and figure out what they can do for you.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2017, 10:07:08 AM »
It's the best bet, but TM is frequently impossible to deal with by phone. They won't answer. They won't let you leave a message for a callback. They won't give you an opportunity to request an operator. Both I and a friend have had to talk to these people within the last two months, and neither of us were able to get to a real person. I managed to get to a chat window with somebody and he gave up.
E.F. Benson

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2017, 11:05:28 AM »
Just call the venue, ask about their ways of handling it. Then take it from there.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2017, 11:19:27 AM »
Just call the venue, ask about their ways of handling it. Then take it from there.

yea, that's what I meant when I said box office, not actually ticketmaster, but the box office at the venue.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2017, 11:48:53 AM »
Very sound advice. Unfortunately the box office in my case was in Mexico City and me no hablo Mexicanese.
E.F. Benson