Author Topic: Albany 4/18  (Read 2139 times)

Offline Dream Team

Albany 4/18
« on: April 13, 2016, 06:33:02 AM »
No thread for this show; am I the only one who's going to be there?

Offline dt105cf

Re: Albany 4/18
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 06:00:31 AM »
Took my wife to this show last night. Being a longtime fan I have to admit I had reservations on how the boys would pull this off live. Wow they sounded good! I was 13th row center orchestra. I didn't sit down the entire show. James sounded really good, although was down in the mix sometimes, but that could have been my ears. Light show/media was very cool.

To all those on the fence about this tour....put away those preconceptions, TA comes across excellent live! DT does not disappoint.

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/BaCqkGFEMaINC4A1KcnnOONlM2raXs6WFM9wLSZ2SEA?v=grid&ref_=cd_ph_share_link_copy

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/vUzqJL96b87s6CzD8VlcaGV8bmX3DVFl4LYBJTrnH79?v=grid&ref_=cd_ph_share_link_copy

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/nmyuEVNC3SlyU7fsNsLUZ8qvSdD1kgOkwx6eqM9xuMj?v=grid&ref_=cd_ph_share_link_copy

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/GP6hAwFmgHal0XXvE9Xa5vxJJZNwI3XahQK9zMQgwXT?v=grid&ref_=cd_ph_share_link_copy

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/hxnikAt8o9YQZl0ZLk9OoarhdgQiF9EgHeJutPhTu0h?v=grid&ref_=cd_ph_share_link_copy
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 07:20:06 AM by dt105cf »

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 09:41:56 AM »
Yup, great show. James was very VERY good. Band was tight as hell, and the video presentation was WAAYYY better than I was expecting. JP's solo at the end of ANB stole the show as expected.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 10:00:26 AM »
Yup, great show. James was very VERY good. Band was tight as hell, and the video presentation was WAAYYY better than I was expecting. JP's solo at the end of ANB stole the show as expected.

This pleases me. I was afraid that illness would have long lasting effects. I hope he can hold it together until Wednesday!

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 10:06:21 AM »

This pleases me. I was afraid that illness would have long lasting effects. I hope he can hold it together until Wednesday!
I hear ya, bro!  :metal

Then whatever... :lol
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 10:12:17 AM »
NO!!!  He has to make it through SATURDAY!!!!   :yarr

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 10:31:23 AM »
NO!!!  He has to make it through SATURDAY!!!!   :yarr
Ok...Saturday...
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline mariner

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 05:01:54 AM »
Sorry, delayed post.

Wonderful show at the American debut of The Astonishing Live.

I was about 15 rows back in the right center - right in front of JP.

Agree that JP's solo in ANB was the highlight of the night for me.  In fact, that should have ended the first CD/half of the show; A Road to Revolution felt oddly tacked on at the end.

During the intro to The Astonishing (the song), the members all introduced themselves to the audience (for cheers) by pointing to each other.  Very cool how they did it.

Also, JLB's intro to the crowd was "Good evening Albany... It's Mike Mangini's birthday!"  That was very cool.

The videos are very cool - sometimes a bit distracting, but help add to the story.

The light show is among the best I have ever seen at any live show.  Simply amazing.

JLB was down in the mix as well for me - the woman next to me (dragged there by husband, LOL) said she could not make out a word he was singing.  The tape track of all of the other instruments and vocals was louder than the band at times, which was a drawback.  I also could not hear much of JM, but I was on JP's side, and in the center you could hear JM just fine.  (In fact my brother-in-law, who I went to the show with, stated, "in the bathroom [downstairs from seats], the bass sounds like an earthquake...")

MM was fanstastic.

The night, for me, belonged to Jordan.  His playing is simply incredible, and this album, really plays to his strengths as a writer and player.  Almost everything was on the keyboard, although he had one MorphWiz solo and one on the other keyboard-like thingy (it's behind him) - I think it was the SeaBoard, but I couldn't tell.  Didn't look like the Continuum.

Favorite songs for me were The Gift of Music, A Moment of Betrayal, Three Days, A New Beginning, and Brother Can You Hear Me.

Great show!