Author Topic: wolfking's roulette to end all roulettes v. Kip Winger approved!  (Read 98184 times)

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Sent, went with very obscure band this time. Never saw anyone discuss it on DTF. I have no idea why I haven't used it in Chad's roulette too. :lol

What is that song you're talking about?

Don't want to say cause Chad might send another song from them.

Oh, and I'm sure you can try Brent, if you stump him, you should win something.  :lol
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Oh, and I'm sure you can try Brent, if you stump him, you should win something.  :lol

Nah, I know better than that. But not counting Brent, I'm not sure anyone knows this band. :lol
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
I've re-loaded.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I'll send round 4 later today!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Hmm..oh well. I sent that track in a haste going on vacation. I did have a little doubt, so I think the writeup is fair enough. Still, the Chaos Frame album is all kinds of awesome and maybe I should've taken more time with it before sending. But I was definitely sending them.

I'm far more confident with my next track.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Sended.

Offline Lowdz

Again I left the Brainstorm too long and have been ninja'd. Great band.

Shame you didn't like the vocals on the Holy Grail. Thought it was nice and OTT.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

I find most of their stuff to be half killer (at best) , half filler but when they're good , they're damn good.  What song would you have chosen Paul?
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
actually, not just because of mastodon, also because of intronaut and the ocean being on there. basically, proggy sludge stuff was already on the list + east of the wall is my biggest obsession of the past year or so  :lol

now to send something that gets me another last-place score aww yeah

Offline Lowdz

Sent.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
Sent as well.  I should have saved this because I'm pretty sure nobody really knows about this band - even though fans of a certain band whose thread is currently on page one of GMD should have heard about them.

Offline Lowdz

I find most of their stuff to be half killer (at best) , half filler but when they're good , they're damn good.  What song would you have chosen Paul?

Probably something off Scary Creatures, probably The World To See, How Much Can You Take.
I play that album more than the others

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
round 4 sent

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Wow, I have 11/13 songs already, you guys are awesome.  Just need Rich and Jon.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Are there really 13 people in this roulette?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Are there really 13 people in this roulette?

I'm not sure if that's a serious question or not.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Well I'd say I am surprised to see that it is that many. I guess I'm not paying close enough attention. :D

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Well I am surprised that Tim is not paying attention  ;D

Thinking of some growls for you next round Kade - sort of like Issa with growls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4QQaWSuffo

And the look I am getting from that drummer is giving me chills  :-*   I found the video quite entertaining.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
That could be the most generic metal riff ever.  Couldn't come up with something more generic no matter how much I tried.

I'M ON FIRE!!!  haha, cool shit.  He should have sung the whole thing, her voice is shit.

lol @ the drummer too, I know what you mean.  Like, bro, stop looking at me like that, I don't go that way.  :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Just waiting on Rich.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Well I am surprised that Tim is not paying attention  ;D

Thinking of some growls for you next round Kade - sort of like Issa with growls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4QQaWSuffo

And the look I am getting from that drummer is giving me chills  :-*   I found the video quite entertaining.

Wow......  :|

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I think I just threw up in my ears a little.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Will start listening tonight if I get Rich's song today.  Will aim for Sunday night again, Maiden tomorrow night so that takes a listening opportunity or two out.

Offline Lowdz

I think I just threw up in my ears a little.

Well put, my friend. Yuk.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
I am not super confident in what I sent but we shall see, I've never sent this artist before in roulettes soooo

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I've never sent this artist before in roulettes soooo

I feel so special.   :hat

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
I mean, the last two roulettes I tried to join before this I got kicked out of, so

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I mean, the last two roulettes I tried to join before this I got kicked out of, so

It's only a matter of time :neverusethis:

Just had a look at the scores... I'm 1.5 from first, but only 0.8 from being cut!   :o

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

It's only a matter of time :neverusethis:

Just had a look at the scores... I'm 1.5 from first, but only 0.8 from being cut!   :o

Yep, that last round was pretty tight.  I am looking at how the scores are progressing and the margins between some of you, but looking at the quality of the submissions, I think it's reflective of what I'm hearing. 

It will get even tougher for both you guys and myself as most of you are realling honing in on my tastes now so everything is at a more consistent level.  I think the finals series should be good once head to head bonus points come in.  Perhaps the next round I could come up with something next round if things need shaking up.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
I just sent, sorry if I stalled
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I just sent, sorry if I stalled

You didn't stall, everyone else just got in early.

So, all in, had a 4am early start so back at home now for a few hours now so listening starts right now!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Head to head bonus points? 

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

After 6 rounds, 5 players get cut down to 8 players.  From there each round 2 get cut based on the scores, but I will be putting up head to head match ups between you guys.  The winner of each head to head gets a bonus point or maybe half point.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Okay, the playlist is 76 off minutes this round.  Shortest song under four minutes but the longest not quite ten minutes.  :hat

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

After 6 rounds, 5 players get cut down to 8 players.  From there each round 2 get cut based on the scores, but I will be putting up head to head match ups between you guys.  The winner of each head to head gets a bonus point or maybe half point.

That sounds dangerous.