Author Topic: jjrocks rocking roulette rocks!! jjrocks rocking winner rocks!!  (Read 64434 times)

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm sending in a few minutes! Was actually just listening to my song before sending it to you. No delays this time.

And sent. I hope it's allowed, I think it's kind of cheating on my part.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 09:27:09 AM by Evermind »
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Everyone's in!!

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
That is whoooing to the max!!

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Yeah I found the Tyketto to have a similar vibe to maybe a Harem Scarem or House of Lords; that early 90s melodic metal sound.

I just need a song from EM, then everyone is in for R4.

I will say that two people have sent songs from the same band, but different selections. So like with Wolf, I'm good to keep both!

Prediction:  Me/Kade.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Right, I've sent this for another 8 points because our host seems to like Jorn:

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm surprised it took to round 4 for someone to cheat and send me more Jorn. I figured Chad would have sent it in round 1 or 2

And EM, you are the master of the 8! Nobody gets an 8 better

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
And I will also mention that in that Jorn video, I can't decide if Jorn looks more angry or constipated

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Trond Holter looks great though. :lol

And EM, you are the master of the 8! Nobody gets an 8 better

:rollin

I'm content with any score as long as it's fun for both of us.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah I found the Tyketto to have a similar vibe to maybe a Harem Scarem or House of Lords; that early 90s melodic metal sound.

I just need a song from EM, then everyone is in for R4.

I will say that two people have sent songs from the same band, but different selections. So like with Wolf, I'm good to keep both!

Prediction:  Me/Kade.

My song idea came from your last submission.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
hoping this is Chad this round after getting his perfect 10 last time

Winger would be better!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
THE SHOCKMASTER!!!!
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Apparently when JJ calls it an "awesome tune", it's akin to Evermind saying, "but it's still a really good score."  :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Apparently when JJ calls it an "awesome tune", it's akin to Evermind saying, "but it's still a really good score."  :lol

Its "awesome" that the Shockmaster has joined us in this thread lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
JJ, I saw two guys with Rick Flair t shirts in Disney, but The Lovely Mrs TAC wouldn't let me take their pictures!  :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Doesn't she understand that anyone wearing a Ric Flair shirt is mandatory picture taking!!  Do you want me to talk to her?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I definitely don't want you talking to her!  :rollin

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
well maybe then you can go back to Disney by yourself and see if those dudes are still there

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
yes, it must be done.
Winger would be better!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
2 bonus points if you get your picture with them.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Round 4 results on Monday

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
The Force is with me this round - looking forward to results

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Something tells me you guys like rock.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I am shooting for 8-10 participants and 8-10 rounds.  That will be finalized in the next couple of days.

Did I miss the finalizing?  How many rounds are we doin?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: jjrocks rocking roulette rocks!!
« Reply #309 on: April 24, 2016, 05:31:11 PM »
Ok, so unless TAC continues his pressure on kingshmegland and gets him to join, I will go with the 9 that have signed up.

So its 9 players, 10 rounds, all open.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I am shooting for 8-10 participants and 8-10 rounds.  That will be finalized in the next couple of days.

Just keep sending rock until you get told to stop.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Just keep sending rock until you get told to stop.

:metal

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
And just to clarify with Chad, there will be 10 rounds.

I've got time as I post this, so round 4 results will be posted shortly tonight.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Round 4!!!!!

Evermind:

Jorn- Walking on Water:  I figured Chad would have sent a Jorn song because he is the master of the roulette shenanigans.  Watching this video, Jorn was either very angry or very consitpated.  The song itself is excellent, a nice match up of Masterplan and Allen/Lande vibe.  Great chorus.  EM, I hope you don't mind me upgrading you from your typical eight.  8.5

Hath:

Dynazty- Starlight:  I've seen this band name before, but never checked them out.  I found this one very very interesting and would be interested in hearing other songs from them.  This band has an 80s look to them and the singer has a very melodic voice, but the music itself is much heavier then i expected.  Something tells me that this band wasn't always this heavy musically but may have changed their style somewhat at some point.  Whatever the case, this sound really works and I really enjoyed this one.  9

TAC:

Inner Wish- Roll the Dice:  Tim knows to send his straight up metal and this one is just a pedal to the metal!  I'm familiar with Noctural Rites and this band reminded me of them.  Great guitar solo and a great song overall.  8

Wolf:

Dungeon- Pariah:  This one is fast and very very heavy.  Gives me a Charred Walls of the Damned vibe.  The chorus is solid and the vocalist has a great scream on him.  Good pick.  8

Chad:

Manimal- Irresistible:  Both Chad and Paul sent the same band in this round and I can see why.  People were calling this tune Painkiller part 2 and that is a very interesting opinion. A modern sounding Judas Priest and it works very well.  The screams were very very good and the song overall was excellent.  I keep seeing the Manimal name popping up and I can see why they are getting so popular.  9

Paul:

Manimal- March of Madness:  Both Paul and Chad picked well with this band.  This one is a bit more melodic then Chad's and showcases the singers vocals a bit more.  The band seems pretty diverse and they are doing a good job with modern metal.  Good selections by both Chad and Paul with Manimal! 9

Fluff:

Soundgarden- Jesus Christ Pose:  Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots and Alice in Chains are the three standout bands for me from the mid 90s gruge era.  I don't own anything from them and am just a casual fan overall, but I enjoy some of their songs when I hear them on the radio.  "Sex Type Thing", "Would" and "Outshined" are the three standouts and I find those three songs to be excellent.  I've heard the name to this Soundgarden song many times over the years, but I don't recall ever listening to it in its entirety.  This is pretty heavy stuff and while I dont like it as much as outshined, I found it enjoyable overall.  But I know that I would never be much of a Soundgarden fan.  7

Splent:

Sweet- Fox on the Run:  Solid classic rock song.  I can't say I've ever been a huge fan of the 70s glitter pop rock bands like Sweet or Angel.  Don't mind them at all, but would never listen to them at great length.  I've come across this song in the past and thought it was pretty good.  I will say that the chorus for Fox on the Run stayed in my head the longest compared to any other song in the round lol.  7

Brent:

Artch- Living in the Past:  Brent, you should almost get a bonus point for coming across an 80s metal band that I have not only not heard a song of, but I don't recall ever seeing their name anytime, anywhere.  I will say Brent is very good at roulettes and this song is why.  Fantastic classic metal right here.  Reminded me of Bruce Dickinson fronting early Fates Warning.  Thats a great combo if you ask me.  9.5

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
OP updated with point total and bands used.  Still anyone's game at this point.