Author Topic: jjrocks rocking roulette rocks!! jjrocks rocking winner rocks!!  (Read 64490 times)

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I have Chads bonus, hopefully I will update today or tommorow.

With the scores so close and the bonus/wild cards going, I foresee a lot of twists and turns for the last four rounds.

Boom!  I'm still stunned this band was available.  Got a feeling I'm gonna get a few :getoffmylawn: + :facepalm: from my competitors - especially Kade.

Pretty sure I know who it is.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I sure as heck have no idea.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
I have Chads bonus, hopefully I will update today or tommorow.

With the scores so close and the bonus/wild cards going, I foresee a lot of twists and turns for the last four rounds.

Boom!  I'm still stunned this band was available.  Got a feeling I'm gonna get a few :getoffmylawn: + :facepalm: from my competitors - especially Kade.

Pretty sure I know who it is.

I see what you did there... even if you don't.   :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Non intentional, but well played by me.  If I'm right about what I think Chad sent, I almost sent that band last night, but changed my mind at the last minute, took a different tactic.

Offline Lowdz

Sent. After some success with the metal it's back to something a bit more melodic rock.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Non intentional, but well played by me.  If I'm right about what I think Chad sent, I almost sent that band last night, but changed my mind at the last minute, took a different tactic.

Paying attention:  You suck at it as much as me...

Round 5 update, Chad's bonus

Pretty Maids- Pandemonium:  I am very familiar with Pretty Maid's first three albums and enjoy them all.  But I don't think I've heard anything from them post Jump the Gun (1990).  The sound is still the same and still great pure heavy metal.  Really enjoying this one and it was a smart selection on your part for an upgrade in score.  8.5
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yes, I certainly do.  Come one it's 7am here and I've been up since 4........... :facepalm:

Anyway, forget that band I emailed you, they're mine next round if no one steals them this round.  ;D

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
I believe I intercepted some Canadian ..um..intelligence and I'm going to capture some Japanese Bonus Points!

I sent for some Japanese Bonus Points too, but I think I'll get a 6/10 instead. You see, it's really difficult to judge which songs were getting enough radio play and chart success in 80s if you were born in 1993. :lol

But at least I won't have any trouble in Spencer's 60s-70s round if I get to that one. So I guess as far as youngsters go, I'm not that hopeless. :lol
wait wtf we're about the same age??? how

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
If I send them would I get 12 points?

I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Wolf's head is spinning like a top!!

Everyone is in for R7

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Looks like a combination of Babymetal, Guns n Roses and Culture Club.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Looks like a combination of Babymetal, Guns n Roses and Culture Club.

All from the loins of 1986-era Bret Michaels!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Second from the left looks like the singer in EZO.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
lol @ the Richie Sambora or SRV wannabe on the end.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
some outstanding scores this round!!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
ooohhh... Jay, you're coming up on 7000 posts!  Make it a good one.

Ok, I have a challenge to lay down to my fellow competitors for a round 8 theme - A Taste of Italy.  We've all (most?) got some quality and deep list of Italian (power) Metal bands.  I think we need to bless Jay with the glory of all that is Italy.

I think this is the route I'm taking... anyone want to join me?

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Chad, you are coming up to post 17,628!!  Thats the big one!

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Ok, I have a challenge to lay down to my fellow competitors for a round 8 theme - A Taste of Italy.  We've all (most?) got some quality and deep list of Italian (power) Metal bands.  I think we need to bless Jay with the glory of all that is Italy.

Who's roulette is this again?  :lol

Online bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
for the next person who gets a Japanese bonus  , I will be sending you a taste of Italy  ;D

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Who's roulette is this again?  :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
for the next person who gets a Japanese bonus  , I will be sending you a taste of Italy  ;D

lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
results Thursday!

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Italian power metal? Sorry Chad, I think I'll pass. :lol

I'm getting some bad score this round though, so maybe I'll bite. Not sure yet. Let me see the results.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Might be a set up by Chad, he can be tricky.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
It's a ploy.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
in honor of Star Wars Day

Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
The Force Awakens was a trap.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
This is how you do it.

:itsatrap:

Might be a set up by Chad, he can be tricky.

Indeed, but no... I'm above board here.  I've been listening to Italians all day in preparation.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Got some time right now, so Round 7 results!!  Great round overall!

Wolf:

Winger- Seventeen:  Of course this stupid song is a bonus song!  This is the song that has consumed us at DTF for how long?  I just can't believe it took till round 7 for someone to send it, I figured it was a gimme for somebody early on.  I was just kind of hoping that Tim would have sent it; this would have been the ultimate irony.  11

TAC: 

Mcauley Schenker- Anytime:  Another TAC classic!!  I am a big fan of MSG, especially the first two albums.  In regards to Mcauley Schenker, I've heard "Save Yourself" and this one before, and really liked them, but never looked into them any further because the Save Yourself album seemed so hard to find.  I really should look into this closer because this ballad is exactly the reason I have a shoe box of bics.  Really the definition of an 80s power ballad and awesome stuff.  And Tim, before your blood pressure goes through the roof, yes its true.  You are getting a perfect score, but still lost to Winger.  10

Splent:

Lita Ford- Kiss Me Deadly:  For fucks sake Spencer!  This is getting weird and I'm starting to think that Splent is actually Criss Angel.  11

Hath:

Black Tora- Fuel My Hunger:  Awesome choice with this one, this is exactly what I would look for in a newer metal band.  Classic sounding all the way, maybe a heavier version of Y&T mixed with Dokken.  Great stuff.  9.5

Paul:

Talisman- Mysterious:  This is another band that has been on my radar for years, the main reason being that Jeff Scott Soto is the lead singer.  I've never heard anything from him that I didn't like and this is right up my alley too.  Melodic metal/rock 101 right here and another great pick from Paul.  What albums would you recommend from them?  9

Chad:

Star One- Master of Darkness:  A Star Wars heavy metal song!  I've noticed Chad pimping this band a few times and it sounded quite interesting.  Well, it is.  And to have Sir Russell Allen on vocals on top of it!  If Russell was singing me the breakfast menu at McDonalds I would be rocking out!  Very very cool song!  9.5

Fluff:

Stooges- Fun House:  Just like Janis Joplin, I respect what the Stooges have done musically, but there is a zero percent chance I could ever get into them.  Not a bad song though, just not my thing.  6

Brent:

Heavens Gate- Livin in Hysteria:  Brent is a roulette master and he continues to be very consistent in sending me songs that he knows I will like.  Another old school metal band that I've never heard of, but is totally my thing.  Just pure pedal to the metal and is a band I will have to look into further, just like Leige Lord and Artch.  9.5

Evermind:

Marillion- Sugar Spice:  I've seen this band around DTF many times and I have checked out some of their stuff.  But the material came across to me sounding a bit like Peter Gabriel era Genesis.  And I can't say that I enjoy the trippy stuff too much.  But I will say that this song specifically is much better that what I remember sampling and I actually dug it quite a bit.  But still not enough to look into the band much more further.  7

« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 09:47:36 PM by jjrock88 »

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
and it all comes full circle, with a winger submission getting top score

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
OP updated with bands and scores

After 7 rounds

Chad- 64
Brent- 63.5
Splent- 63.5
Hath- 62
Lowdz- 62
Wolf- 61.5
TAC- 61
EM- 58.5
Fluff- 47.5

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
You know what's really weird? My dads band used to do that song with HIM singing it. :lol

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
I'm just going to keep knocking out Japanese bonus songs. I'll also use a wild card. Just hold on ;)

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Nice.  Good old Winger, never fails, hey Tim?

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Anytime :metal