Author Topic: The "I (fill in blank) for (uber famous person)" Thread!!!  (Read 10332 times)

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Re: The "I (fill in blank) for (uber famous person)" Thread!!!
« Reply #105 on: April 26, 2016, 12:43:06 PM »
Jen, cool stories; when was that photo with Hogarth taken?  He looks good there.

Um let's see that was 2005, because it was my middle boy's tenth birthday and H sang him Happy Birthday that night.

If I had to guess, I'd say sometime in June, 2005, probably on or around the 21st.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #106 on: April 26, 2016, 12:44:42 PM »
Jen, cool stories; when was that photo with Hogarth taken?  He looks good there.

Um let's see that was 2005, because it was my middle boy's tenth birthday and H sang him Happy Birthday that night.

If I had to guess, I'd say sometime in June, 2005, probably on or around the 21st.

I am going out on a limb and agree with Orbert

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #107 on: April 26, 2016, 12:50:22 PM »
No, it was Ventober 6th

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2016, 01:01:09 PM »
 :metal

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #109 on: April 26, 2016, 01:22:51 PM »

:lol :p

Yeah one of the few times my camera was ever correct. Usually it said 1/1/2001 in every shot. :lol
  ~ a.k.a. VFS in a past life :vfs:

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #110 on: April 26, 2016, 01:29:45 PM »
oh I don't know if this counts really. When my 13 year old daughter was 8 we took her to see KISS while on vacation in Florida, and she didn't have her ear defenders along and it was too loud so my sons, who were 15 and 18 at the time, took her out of the venue and as they approached the nearest door and went to go out it, Shannon Tweed Simmons (Gene Simmons' wife) came in with a guy in a suit (bodyguard?dunno) and she smiled at my sons and then down at Emma and commented how sweet she looked (she was still wearing Disney princess outfits back then, LOL). I didn't meet her but I sat there watching dumbfounded, fully aware that my boys might not know who she was. Turned out my middle boy, the 15 year old, knew darn well. LOL

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #111 on: April 26, 2016, 02:20:20 PM »

Ya know....

:)  :)  :)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2016, 08:44:33 AM »
yep that was the tour Jen. :metal

Still have my t-shirt!

LOL. Awesome!

Ha!  I had that same shirt (well, the version of it that had the west coast dates anyway).  No idea where it is now, but it is long gone.  Saw them in Oakland for an annual festival show they used to do called Day On The Green.  The WS/Crue tour were the headliners, preceded by Poison and Jetboy. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2016, 02:29:56 PM »
^^ I would've loved to see that tour! I'm still a sucker for a Poison show. Can't help it. First time I saw heard them, they had a video on MTV - I was babysitting the next door neighbor kids. Bought their brand new cassette :lol then rushed to get the new release when it came out, so I have the "banned" version. I've seen them maybe four times, I think twice back then and twice in the mid 2000's. Always a good time. (yeah.. I know... I know... how can I resist? :p)

Crue I've seen twice or maybe three times.. ? All back then though I think. Definitely saw them again for Dr. Feelgood. They filmed the Wild Side video at the show I was at. I've never seen a HD version on a big screen tv but back then I always thought I could barely pick myself out in an audience shot. Who knows anymore. I can't recall if I saw Whitesnake once or twice. I will have to bust out my handy dandy concert list and check.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2016, 02:52:10 PM »
I can't recall if I saw Whitesnake once or twice. I will have to bust out my handy dandy concert list and check.

Wish I had such a list.  I have no idea how many times I have seen some bands.  Whitesnake is easy though.  3 times:
-Saw them sandwiched in between Kick Axe and Quiet Riot on the Slide It In tour (which means I got to see them with Sykes).  I didn't know them at the time.  I was there to see Quiet Riot.  But they put on a great show, and I went and bought the album because of that.  It became one of my favorite albums of that time period.
-Saw them on the S/T tour, as mentioned above.  This was one of my favorite albums EVER, and they were the main reason I went to that show.  It was Adrian and Vivian on guitar at this time.  The extended guitar duel during the solo on Still of the Night was epic.
-Saw them headline on Columbia, MD on the Slip of the Tongue tour.  Great show.  Vai got a solo spot in the middle of the set where he played some songs off of Passion and Warfare with the band.  He did The Audience Is Listening and For The Love Of God.  There may have been a third song as well--don't remember.  I think it also did Coverdale well to have a break in the middle of the set, especially given how challenging the stuff on Slip is and the fact that they were doing a longer, headlining set.  I think Faster Pussycat opened that show, but may be misremembering.  Tried to confirm by looking at their tour page, but it didn't say who was opening on that leg.  But interestingly, it also doesn't list a show for Columbia, MD, which is where I saw them, so...  :dunno:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #115 on: April 27, 2016, 02:56:58 PM »
Faster Pussycat opened for a lot of bands back then, I saw them open for David Lee Roth and maybe one other band - the drummer signed my homemade acid washed jeans because I was standing out back by the tour busses trying to catch DLR but was willing to let him sign something instead.

Your memory is much better than mine! I only have such a list because I was a sentimental teen and saved all my early concert stubs, then I didn't go for all of the 90s and early 00s because I'd been too busy with kids. By the time I saw a few shows again I knew I needed to make a list or I would never remember anything. https://h-fangirl.com/concertlist.html

Looks like I saw them once later, 1990, with Kix. My memory really does stink.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #116 on: April 27, 2016, 03:12:04 PM »
Faster Pussycat opened for a lot of bands back then...

Very true.  They never quite made it to headliner status, but they seemed to be a very prolific touring band.  I think I saw them open for Bon Jovi in the mid-'90s as well.  Possibly Y&T at some point as well. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #117 on: April 28, 2016, 06:43:51 AM »
Faster Pussycat opened for a lot of bands back then...

Very true.  They never quite made it to headliner status, but they seemed to be a very prolific touring band.  I think I saw them open for Bon Jovi in the mid-'90s as well.  Possibly Y&T at some point as well.

I go out of my way to give musicians the benefit of the doubt (on another board, I'm defending Beyoncé...) but Faster Pussycat is one of those bands I just don't understand their longevity.   I can't look at Taime Downe (or hear his name, frankly) and not giggle, and other than that one song ("House of Pain") it's just......

I am very envious that you saw the Sykes-led Whitesnake; Cozy Powell was in that incarnation as well, no?  I probably won't go now, but Whitesnake is one of the few bands I wish I got to see and never did.   

Are you familiar with the two versions of Slide It In?   The European version and the US version? 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #118 on: April 28, 2016, 10:55:01 AM »
I was lucky enough to see the Dokken/Whitesnake double bill I think in 87.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #119 on: April 28, 2016, 10:58:42 AM »

I get to see them open for Y&T on Saturday (well, sort of, anyway).

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #120 on: April 28, 2016, 01:43:04 PM »
I was lucky enough to see the Dokken/Whitesnake double bill I think in 87.

I really enjoyed Dokken back then. Fun story, I was dating a guy who was a junior that year (I was a freshman) and he was the bass player in a local band, so we were at his band's rented "studio" in an old abandoned warehouse in the middle of the rundown part of the city nearby where all kinds of people had spaces rented out to practice - this place felt like a freddy krueger movie set right down to the industrial freight elevator from the early 1900s we had to take upstairs.. anyway, we heard someone jamming Dokken one night and it sounded really very good and we figured, they're getting themselves all amped up for the Dokken/Whitesnake show tomorrow, cool! So we got up to that floor and were going past that room and it was Don Dokken with his cousin Ron Dokken ( :lol ) who apparently lived in our area and had his own studio in that building, jamming out. That was a late night and a LOT of beer was had by people who were not me (I was only 14 remember). :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #121 on: April 28, 2016, 01:51:34 PM »
 :lol

That's awesome.

I got to jam with Brad Delp when I was 16.  It felt surreal.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #122 on: April 28, 2016, 01:57:04 PM »
:lol

That's awesome.

I got to jam with Brad Delp when I was 16.  It felt surreal.

*googles Brad Delp*

ohhh okay, THAT guy. That's awesome :hat

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #123 on: April 28, 2016, 02:03:04 PM »
I have pics somewhere at my parents house.  I need to dig a few old pictures out.

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #124 on: April 28, 2016, 02:04:07 PM »
I have pics somewhere at my parents house.  I need to dig a few old pictures out.

I dug an old picture out. Then I put it back because 80's Jen is frightening.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #125 on: April 28, 2016, 02:13:30 PM »
My Duran Duran hair would agree.  The 90's I looked like I belonged in 38 Special. :lol

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #126 on: April 28, 2016, 03:32:14 PM »
My Duran Duran hair would agree.  The 90's I looked like I belonged in 38 Special. :lol

oh you HAVE To post now. Have to. I"ll pre-pay with 1987ish Jen, on my way to the roller rink for Friday Night Skate:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #127 on: April 28, 2016, 04:12:03 PM »
Yup, ever girl I dated in the 80's had that hairstyle.

Offline JustJen

• DT.net Veteran
  • May 24, 2004
« Reply #128 on: April 28, 2016, 04:42:04 PM »
Yup, ever girl I dated in the 80's had that hairstyle.
And a huge bottle of Aqua-Net.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #129 on: April 28, 2016, 04:45:24 PM »
Some guys too.  Lol

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #130 on: April 28, 2016, 07:10:43 PM »
Some guys too.  Lol

Why do you have to talk about Coz when he's not here?

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #131 on: April 28, 2016, 08:05:45 PM »
I wish

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #132 on: April 28, 2016, 08:12:57 PM »
I lived it bro.  Lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #133 on: April 29, 2016, 04:55:39 AM »
Some guys too.  Lol
Some of the guys you dated had hair like that too?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #134 on: April 29, 2016, 05:36:32 AM »
Some guys too.  Lol

His secret is out. That closet was busting at the seams, just waiting to relieve itself.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #135 on: April 29, 2016, 06:28:00 AM »
Some guys too.  Lol

You interested?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #136 on: April 30, 2016, 05:23:31 AM »
No.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #137 on: April 30, 2016, 05:27:12 AM »
Lol. Me neither.  You called my bluff.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #138 on: April 30, 2016, 09:01:55 AM »
Lol. Me neither.  You called my bluff.

I can sense the disappointment.   :lol

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #139 on: April 30, 2016, 09:33:43 AM »
Dammit, you guys!  I was looking forward to seeing the pictures.