Author Topic: Chaos in Motion DVD  (Read 1704 times)

Offline Tomé Silva

Chaos in Motion DVD
« on: April 01, 2016, 04:49:18 PM »
Yesterday I bought the Chaos in Motion DVD, but I cant find that video where Eric Disrude, the drum tech is asking every member for a dollar. Can you help me?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: Chaos in Motion DVD
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 04:59:56 PM »
I remember it is one of the "hidden" videos.  Scroll around on the menu screens, and look for hidden icons.  That is all I remember about how to find them. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Mladen

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 07:33:28 AM »
I think you're supposed to open the menu where you select parts of the documentary (the band, the crew etc.) and then press "left" button.

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 11:10:49 AM »
"Panic Attack" was recorded at the show I went to in Buenos Aires :)

Plus, I was happy they included "Blind Faith" (both in the DVD and in my show), which at the time was my favourite song, but (since there was no previous live version) I assumed they didn't like it as much. Looks like I was wrong!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 04:55:14 PM »
I like in Panic Attack where MP thumps a cymbal and it comes flying off the stand..

Labrie : "  :yarr I'm gonna get fuckin killed up HIYAH ! "

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2016, 04:59:26 PM »
I like in Panic Attack where MP thumps a cymbal and it comes flying off the stand..

Labrie : "  :yarr I'm gonna get fuckin killed up HIYAH ! "

I love how he pushes his hair away from his face right after that. It fits the moment so much.  :lol

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2016, 07:37:15 AM »
I remember that moment from the show, but I don't remember when Mike's tech goes onstage to fix something and Mike introduces him, so when I watched the video the first time, it was a surprise to me.

I do remember John P. playing the "Mother" solo in "Surrounded", with the screen showing the The Wall artwork. I'm not too fond of that song (or album for that matter), but it was nice seeing the band pay a subtle homage to one of their influences.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2016, 10:55:10 AM »
" Eric Disrude ladies and gentlemen ! "

Offline Mladen

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2016, 01:11:52 PM »
That performance of Panic attack is so awesome. The bit after the guitar solo is flawless and James is truly bad-ass. I really appreciate Chaos in motion, such a good DVD.

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2016, 01:13:17 PM »
such a good DVD.

That's going a bit too far here. Most of the performances are unlistenable because of the horrible vocal processing or whatever they did to make them sound so horrible.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2016, 04:40:49 PM »
I didn't say it was great, fantastic or tremendous. It's very good. It has its flaws but also a lot of stuff to appreciate.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2016, 04:52:39 PM »
I didn't say it was great, fantastic or tremendous. It's very good. It has its flaws but also a lot of stuff to appreciate.

Yep. Not great as just a concert DVD, but as an overall tour DVD, it's definitely good.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline FracturedMirror

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2016, 01:59:34 PM »

I agree.  It's always gotten too much hate, imo. 

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2016, 03:33:50 PM »
For some reason, that DVD feels very familiar. It's far from being the best DVD performance-wise, but the extras were really special. I miss extras in DT's newer DVDs.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2016, 03:39:01 PM »
"Panic Attack" was recorded at the show I went to in Buenos Aires :)

Plus, I was happy they included "Blind Faith" (both in the DVD and in my show), which at the time was my favourite song, but (since there was no previous live version) I assumed they didn't like it as much. Looks like I was wrong!

This was so disappointing with that DVD.  I LOVE blind Faith and was so happy it was going to be on a live DVD... then I watched and it's such bad quality for an official band release.