Author Topic: ProgPower Europe 2019  (Read 639 times)

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
ProgPower Europe 2019
« on: October 04, 2019, 12:35:40 PM »
Hi,

I’m watching Voyager and drinking beer with friends. It’s fun. How are you?

Later tonight: Diablo Swing Orchestra

Tomorrow abd Sunday: more bands
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Re: ProgPower Europe 2019
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 03:01:37 PM »
Diablo Swing Orachestra are on now and this stuff is insanely awesome. Wow!
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 03:25:41 PM »
I want to go one of these years, but the lineup wasn't my jam this time. I usually am left being jealous of the US version. But nice to hear you are having a good time! It is on the same location every year right? How is that?

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 03:29:09 PM »
Those are the only two bands on the bill that I'm particularly interested in, and they're both on the first night. Hope it's a great show tonight!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2019, 03:38:34 AM »
I want to go one of these years, but the lineup wasn't my jam this time. I usually am left being jealous of the US version. But nice to hear you are having a good time! It is on the same location every year right? How is that?

It's in a relatively small youth center in a small village and this is the twentieth time they're doing it there. It's quite strange in some way, but it's also very charming. For me (and for lots of other visitors) the location is definitely part of what makes PPE great.

Also, the festival doesn't try to be 'big' either. I think the US version is a completely different beast. The festival location also doesn't allow for very big bands to play, which is completely fine for the organisers: they actually want to keep it small. Save for some of the headliners, usually a lot of the bands playing are not well-known at all. There's bands that are playing the Netherlands for the first time quite often as well. Sometimes we get bands that turn out to become huge later (case in point: the 2010 edition had Leprous opening the Friday night and Haken playing first on the Sunday).

Those are the only two bands on the bill that I'm particularly interested in, and they're both on the first night. Hope it's a great show tonight!

Well, I'm biased, because this is my tenth PPE in a row and I will go regardless of the bands playing. I always discover 'new' or unknown bands here, because the festival books stuff that you wouldn't able to see elsewhere (see the above paragraph as well). As for yesterday: Voyager was nice, they put on a good show, but Diablo Swing Orchestra tore the place apart. Fantastic stuff!
Squ