Author Topic: Trieste show canceled due to illness  (Read 3249 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Trieste show canceled due to illness
« on: March 21, 2016, 08:16:11 AM »
Dream Theater deeply regrets that the Trieste show has been cancelled due to illness. The promoter will provide information about rescheduling and refunds and we will provide details here as soon as they are available.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jetpilot81

Re: Trieste show canceled due to illness
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 08:11:49 AM »
Guys hi, hello from Macedonia, this is my first post but i've been following this forum occasionally.

I'm DT fan for 20+ years, saw them live 3 times(2002-New Jersey, 2008-Zagreb, 2014-Zagreb meet&greet package), undoubtedly the best band in the world. No one is nowhere near them.

Me and two other friends had tickets for Trieste show and arrived on Saturday at Trieste. Obviously, we were excited to see DT performing 'The Astonishing' at Trieste theater.

It was bit strange when JP tweeted almost 24hrs before Trieste show 'ciao Italy', i thought for a second, did they forget Trieste show?!

On Sunday, i went around 16:00 to pick up my tickets at theater and then i saw several people(couple from Slovakia, guy from  Sardinia and another couple from Venice) talking with, i assume, one employee from Trieste theater. He was explaining that tonight show is cancelled due to the fact that singer lost his voice. They(Trieste theater) received  this info at 08:00 AM.

Man, that was hard thing to swallow, especially hearing this information few hours before the show and moreover not from DT camp(tweet, facebook or other means). I think that JR announce it around 17:00. All the people that i spoke with were wondering how come they release this statement an hour and a half before the show when theater had this info at the morning(
it could save unnecessary trips for a lot of people).

Anyway, JLB take care and feel well, we'll see on the road on another occasion. :metal  Just wanted to share this painful story....

Offline Mladen

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 09:07:17 AM »
Dang, man, that sucks. Greetings from a neighbor Serbian fan, I didn't actually consider going to the Trieste show, but fingers crossed us Balkan folks will have some opportunities during their 2nd European leg.  :tup

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 10:12:30 AM »
Bummer to hear that, jetpilot. I'm sure DT will make it up to you (maybe playing two or three nights in the next European tour!)
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 10:14:18 AM »
Hearing that James may have lost his voice is far more concerning than just the generic "illness" that was mentioned on the band's FB page.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 10:27:45 AM »
Hearing that James may have lost his voice is far more concerning than just the generic "illness" that was mentioned on the band's FB page.
I would guess that's a way of not scaring people off. The same thing happened to Steven Wilson a couple of weeks ago and he had to cancel a show as well, which is always bad news.
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline jetpilot81

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 10:30:49 AM »
On DT FB page I read a lot of comments from people that had tickets for Trieste show. They are furious for very short cancellation notice and have doubts if indeed someone was sick or something else happened(not enough tickets sold etc...)

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 10:31:49 AM »
On DT FB page I read a lot of comments from people that had tickets for Trieste show. They are furious for very short cancellation notice and have doubts if indeed someone was sick or something else happened(not enough tickets sold etc...)

I see no reason why the band would lie about that, I'm sure it was illness.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2016, 10:32:35 AM »
Jordan did an impromptu live stream that night, telling people that James was indeed very sick and couldn't perform. Also, some of the people who were in the last Milano show have stated James seemed very uncomfortable and struggled quite a lot, so I'd say that should be enough proof for them.
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline jetpilot81

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2016, 10:36:23 AM »
Is there any link where Jordan stream can be watched again?

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2016, 10:38:25 AM »
Not that I know of, but you could try facebook or something recorded by the people that watched it.
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2016, 10:54:23 AM »
It is alarming to a degree, but it doesn't necessarily signal a major problem with James. Unfortunately singers have the scariest job in a band because the human voice can be very unpredictable. I have been a vocalist 30 years now. I have played shows with my voice gone, and its the worst feeling to reach for a note that simply isn't there.
Lets hope its nothing serious.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline krands85

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2016, 11:10:41 AM »
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline erwinrafael

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2016, 04:08:22 PM »

A thousand people should have sung so that the savior would  regain his voice.

Bad joke. :rollin

Offline |KirK|

• DT Addicted
  • Seize The Day
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2016, 03:59:17 AM »
I went to the show in Milan on Saturday and it was clear that James had some problems!!! He couldn't reach some high notes and he was so much disappointed...
Then on Sunday I read the bad new while I was on the train with my girlfriend... Two tickets for the show in Trieste, first row... :facepalm: So sorry for James, I hope he gets well soon, but I just wanna say... If you know this at 8 am, you have to share it as soon as possible!!! I took 5 hours to go and 8 to go back home!! And many people much more than me...
We also had to take a day off work...Many of us will probably take the refund...
Of course I'm talking about the organization, not about James or the other guys... But that post on JP's page made me think at the end of the day...

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2016, 01:25:56 PM »
Jordan did an impromptu live stream that night, telling people that James was indeed very sick and couldn't perform. Also, some of the people who were in the last Milano show have stated James seemed very uncomfortable and struggled quite a lot, so I'd say that should be enough proof for them.

James always leaves the stage for the lenghty instrumental passages during the songs so I didn't really notice anything strange or unusual at the concert, but looking back at it with cold memories and without the excitement of the moment, and knowing now that he was sick, I realize that he was indeed getting the hell away from the stage any moment he could.

And still, his performance was not a trainwreck at all, there were so many moments when he was just great. As I said elsewhere, respect for a man that takes so much criticism about just anything he does.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline |KirK|

• DT Addicted
  • Seize The Day
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2016, 02:26:16 PM »
Much respect for James! I love him as I love all of them! But on Sunday he had some difficulties just because was ill...
However he made his best as always! :yarr

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2016, 01:31:16 PM »
Was this the last Euro date for this leg??  I don't know why I thought there were more.

Offline jetpilot81

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2016, 01:38:02 PM »
Was this the last Euro date for this leg??  I don't know why I thought there were more.

It wasn't, they perform 3 more shows after Trieste.

Offline jetpilot81

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2016, 01:39:24 PM »
From promoter site:

AGGIORNAMENTO DEL 25 MARZO
Saranno attivi da venerdì 1 aprile a venerdì 15 aprile i rimborsi dei biglietti per il concerto dei Dream Theater, originariamente in programma la scorsa domenica 20 marzo al Politeama Rossetti di Trieste e poi annullato a causa dell’indisponibilità di un membro della band colpito da un forte attacco influenzale.

Per tutti coloro che avessero acquistato il biglietto, il rimborso sarà possibile nei giorni sopraindicati, nel punto vendita dove è stato effettuato l’acquisto, consegnando i biglietti in originale.

Nel caso di acquisti effettuati sul sito TicketOne.it o tramite call center, il customer service invierà una e mail ai clienti contenente i dettagli. Eventuali informazioni possono essere richieste all’indirizzo ecomm.customerservice@ticketone.it o al numero 892.101. Parallelamente all’attivazione dei rimborsi, band e organizzatori stanno lavorando alla possibilità di programmare un nuovo concerto della band a Trieste per il prossimo mese di novembre.

I don't understand Italian, but w/ help of automatic translate tools it seems that there will be 2-nd European leg around end of year(November).

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2016, 01:43:19 PM »
It says that from 1st to 15th April the refunds will be avalaible, and then gives information on where to get it (the place where the ticket was bought).

Then it addresses online purchases, and ends saying that the band and the promoters are working to possibly plan a new concert in Trieste by November. It doesn't talk about an european tour, but of course they're not coming back for a single show and James already posted in FB about Europe "See you in October / November".
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!