Author Topic: Trieste show has been cancelled due to illness.  (Read 8150 times)

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Trieste show has been cancelled due to illness.
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2016, 01:54:49 AM »
:lol @ the bench.  what if every band had a bench, just in case.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2016, 04:44:38 AM »
This tour has got to be extra brutal on James.  I remember reading through the lyrics sheet when the album came out thinking.. holy hell that's a LOT of vocals.

Yes no doubt. He is spectacular on this album too.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2016, 06:25:52 AM »
The flu was quite brutal over here quite recently (not only in amounts of people infected, but also the severity), so I assume he caught some nasty influenza A virus, rather than having health problems due to touring. And with this show, he really needs to be in a good state as the show is already difficult enough for him as is.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2016, 06:57:14 AM »
This tour has got to be extra brutal on James.  I remember reading through the lyrics sheet when the album came out thinking.. holy hell that's a LOT of vocals.

It is but there are still instrumental passages where he can rest and a few instrumentals too.

It shouldn't be THAT much harder than an evening with..?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2016, 07:35:36 AM »

It is but there are still instrumental passages where he can rest and a few instrumentals too.

It shouldn't be THAT much harder than an evening with..?

There are not anywhere close to as much instrumental breaks (or longevity in those breaks) in TA as there would be in a typical DT set.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2016, 11:22:34 AM »
Regardless of specifics, are we all in agreement that James should not be asked to belt out DT material more than 2 nights in a row? Is the band operating that close to the edge financially that they can't space out the shows more?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2016, 11:26:49 AM »
Regardless of specifics, are we all in agreement that James should not be asked to belt out DT material more than 2 nights in a row?

Not necessarily.  If he and the band feel that he can handle it fine, who am I to say otherwise?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2016, 11:31:20 AM »
Do we actually know for fact if the canceling was due to losing his voice from being overworked or he lost his voice because he is actually sick?

If it's because he is sick then I don't see any reason to discuss their touring schedule as that is not something you can predict.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2016, 11:31:36 AM »
Regardless of specifics, are we all in agreement that James should not be asked to belt out DT material more than 2 nights in a row?

Not necessarily.  If he and the band feel that he can handle it fine, who am I to say otherwise?
The Dark Lord of the Sith.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2016, 11:33:02 AM »
Do we actually know for fact if the canceling was due to losing his voice from being overworked or he lost his voice because he is actually sick?

If it's because he is sick then I don't see any reason to discuss their touring schedule as that is not something you can predict.
Exactly.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."