Author Topic: Most badass DT song/moment  (Read 6353 times)

Offline Darkstarshades

Re: Most badass DT song/moment
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2016, 04:49:02 AM »
In the Name of God main riff reprise after unison. Most airdrumming/headbanging moment for me
Jatruccyundessgini

Offline Sycsa

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2016, 12:50:02 PM »
When I read the word "badass," the passage I immediately thought of was the "Back on my feet again" guitar groove in Strange Déja-Vu. Another part like that is the "Straight is the path" section of ITNOG.

Sycsa is perhaps the most brilliant and insightful man I have ever encountered.

Offline Imaginos

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2016, 06:32:56 PM »
First thing I thought of was the "Blood heal me, Fear change me" part of Scarred. Love that part.

Offline SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2016, 06:27:18 PM »
Angels fall
All for you
Heretic...

Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline chaotic_ripper

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2016, 07:01:45 PM »
When I read the word "badass," the passage I immediately thought of was the "Back on my feet again" guitar groove in Strange Déja-Vu. Another part like that is the "Straight is the path" section of ITNOG.

Yes! To both of those!

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2016, 07:57:24 PM »
The part when the slow riff in The Glass Prison kicks in and the drums join it a few seconds later is the definitive DT badass moment for me.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2016, 06:19:33 AM »
Stream of Consciousness. All of it. 
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Ninjabait

• XBOX is a God to Me
  • PR permission
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2016, 12:00:29 PM »
The band re-entry and all of "The Pursuit of Truth" from Illumination Theory. Everything from the riff to the vocals/lyrics to the epic piano solos is just incredible. "Don't cross the crooked step" from Honor Thy Father, the intros to A Nightmare to Remember and The Shattered Fortress, all of Lost Not Forgotten, the ending of Outcry, the main riff from Systematic Chaos, and the "Bow down to Nafaryus" part of Three Days are good examples too.

And, it's a bit cheating, but "Razor's Edge" from Octavarium fits this in a "completely majestic" sort of way.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2016, 05:07:14 AM »
At 1.44 in "Home".   You know it's been building to something good, but Christ it's explodes in.   Then at 2.05 amazingly it get more fucking epic.   The coolest thing about the riff is it vaguely danceable!

Probably wouldn't class it a badass, but it sends shiners down my spine - When 'Ministry of Lost Souls' comeback after the Instrumental break...'Don't turn your back on PARAAAAADISE'....to closure is magical..

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2016, 06:28:02 AM »
I'm gonna go with the opening run to ItPoE- pt.1 - Just a badass way to start an album. It's up there with Rush's Moving Pictures and that one awesome opening note. That's where the comparisons end though.