Author Topic: 10 years ago...  (Read 762 times)

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
10 years ago...
« on: March 17, 2016, 06:18:19 PM »
Tonight.

My friends,  my father, and I were all in Chicago to see dream theater. They didn't play until the 18th, so on the 17th we decide to go barhopping… We ended up at an extremely crowded Irish pub for a while, did a few Irish car bomb's, had some Guinness, you know. We ended up getting something to eat afterwords, and ended up at an L stop to head back to our hotel.

On the opposite platform, a random African-American man yelled down to the street from the platform:

"HAPPY ST PATRICKS DAY MOTHAFUCKA!!!!!"

It was one of the greatest moments of my life.
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: 10 years ago...
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 09:44:13 PM »
I suspect that some language other than English has a word for such things. I have no idea how you'd refer to it, but I've had moments just like that and understand exactly where you're coming from. Every once in a while everything just lines up perfectly. The scene, your mindset, the people you're with, the various chemicals you've ingested, random elements, pretty much the entire universe. Everything just lands in perfect alignment.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline jasc15

• TTAL: Yeti welcome
Re: 10 years ago...
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 12:56:20 PM »
I suspect that some language other than English has a word for such things.
Not related to Splent's experience, but there is a German word Torschlusspanik or "gate-closing fear", which is the fear of diminishing opportunities as you age.