Author Topic: Indiana Jones 5 - 2019  (Read 7749 times)

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
Indiana Jones 5 - 2019
« on: March 16, 2016, 06:55:47 AM »
Just spotted this today: https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/spielberg-and-ford-reunite-as-indiana-jones-returns-to-theaters-july-19-2019/

I like the idea of a new Indy, but am extremely cautious after Crystal Skull. Let's hope they get this right..

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Re: Indiana Jones 5 - 2019
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 06:58:43 AM »
I don't have high hopes.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 10:46:03 AM »
I feel rather indifferent about this right now. I'll see when we get closer how I really feel about a new Indie movie.

Online ozzy554

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 10:59:19 AM »
I liked part 4 so i say bring it on
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 11:00:45 AM »
Raiders of the Lost AARP?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 11:14:42 AM »
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 11:19:27 AM »
I liked part 4 so i say bring it on

I agree. Plus, FWIW it doesn't sound like Lucas is going to be involved.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 06:18:15 PM »
I heard Harrison agreed to do it only on the condition that his son kills him...
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2016, 06:46:14 AM »
I heard Harrison agreed to do it only on the condition that his son kills him...
Where did you hear that?  That hasn't been in anything I've seen.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2016, 07:01:45 AM »

I think he's having a laugh, with a reference to The Force Awakens..

Calvin6s

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2016, 08:07:32 AM »
:rollin

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2016, 08:19:54 AM »

I think he's having a laugh, with a reference to The Force Awakens..
Well, goddammit.

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2016, 08:25:20 AM »
I've read on other sites that this one might be a "passing of the torch", with some new actor taking up the role for subsequent movies. I'd really prefer it if they didn't do that, and instead went out in one last blaze of glory.

Though, with Disney in the driving seat, they're gonna want to milk as much money out of this franchise as they can.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2016, 11:19:42 AM »
...with the new actor in a cave, barely escaping a runaway wheelchair with Indy on board......
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2016, 11:29:49 AM »

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2016, 11:32:44 AM »
JUST STOP IT I'M FRAGILE

Offline jammindude

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2016, 01:54:25 PM »
 :rollin
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2016, 12:04:55 AM »
Harrison Ford will say yes to anything, he's white Samuel Jackson.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2016, 12:13:07 PM »
That's not true, he isn't churning out film after film after at this point in his career Robert DeNiro.

I said this when IJ4 came out, but I really hope that this doesn't turn in to a Bond franchise where 50 years from now we are talking IJ25 and the 5th actor who is going to don the tuxedo and Walther. 
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2016, 04:11:25 PM »
I guess I saw only Raiders as a kid, so it was only in the later years that I decided to fully watch all Indy movies. When you see them back to back, without years of nostalgia to protect the first three, the fourth one isn't THAT bad. Sure, it had its flaws but I found it kept the tone of the first three movies, it felt like people doing it knew what the other three movies were all about. Again, it didn't come out great but it actually felt a continuation of the character and the style of the older movies, which had silly parts as well, maybe not nuking-the-fridge silly but silly nevertheless (like Indy's father taking down a plane with birds).

This is however unlike Star Wars, where the story can go on after years with new characters. This is all about Indy and so you're stuck with an old Indy and it has to happens in the '60s because of his age. With such constrictions, a reboot it's better, and since Harrison Ford is irrepleaceable... just leave it alone, like Ghostbusters  :P

I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2016, 09:12:41 PM »
That's not true, he isn't churning out film after film after at this point in his career Robert DeNiro.

I said this when IJ4 came out, but I really hope that this doesn't turn in to a Bond franchise where 50 years from now we are talking IJ25 and the 5th actor who is going to don the tuxedo and Walther. 

Multiple important people involved including Spielberg have specifically stated that they won't be taking the Bond approach and recasting the part, and that only Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones. It will no doubt eventually happen in decades time when Hollywood wants to milk more money out of the franchise, but hopefully not in the near future.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2016, 05:36:47 AM »

Multiple important people involved including Spielberg have specifically stated that they won't be taking the Bond approach and recasting the part, and that only Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones. It will no doubt eventually happen in decades time when Hollywood wants to milk more money out of the franchise, but hopefully not in the near future.

I think so, too. I feel like if they want to continue the story, or even have prequels, they'll find a way to ruin it. That's just Hollywood.

Calvin6s

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2016, 06:38:21 AM »
This is however unlike Star Wars, where the story can go on after years with new characters. This is all about Indy and so you're stuck with an old Indy and it has to happens in the '60s because of his age. With such constrictions, a reboot it's better, and since Harrison Ford is irrepleaceable... just leave it alone, like Ghostbusters  :P

This.  I really have no sense of urgency to see a new Indiana Jones.  Heck, Raiders is so much better than all the others.  The sequels were fun as a kid, but didn't hold up at all.  IJ3 was the closest to a sequel worth watching (as an adult).  Now as a kid, IJ2 was awesome.  Short round was the talk of the playground.  But IJ2 became laughable later on in life.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2016, 07:12:25 AM »
At least Back To The Future won't be remade whilst Bob Zemeckis and Bob Gale are still around. Hopefully they can transfer the rights to their kids when they pass so it never gets remade.

Also Spielberg has said he'll also never allow a Jaws remake.

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2016, 04:49:30 AM »

This.  I really have no sense of urgency to see a new Indiana Jones.  Heck, Raiders is so much better than all the others.  The sequels were fun as a kid, but didn't hold up at all.  IJ3 was the closest to a sequel worth watching (as an adult).  Now as a kid, IJ2 was awesome.  Short round was the talk of the playground.  But IJ2 became laughable later on in life.

Dunno - I still like Temple of Doom, though I probably haven't watched it in a couple of years now. It is very dark though - voodoo magic, hearts being ripped out, child slavery, not exactly kiddie fare. But who doesn't like that banquet scene with "chilled monkey brains" and "snake surprise".  :lol

I still think the interplay between the two Joneses is the highlight of Last Crusade. Brilliant.  :D

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2016, 04:32:02 AM »
Interesting snippet today on the Variety site, from an interview with Frank Marshall (producer)

https://variety.com/2016/scene/vpage/frank-marshall-indiana-jones-harrison-ford-cinemacon-1201750527

“It’s all about the story. I think both in the ‘Jason Bourne’ series and on ‘Indiana Jones,’ we are not going to do the Bond thing,” Marshall said, referring to rotating different actors through the title roles in the two franchises that he oversees. “We think those characters are iconic, and those are the only actors who can play that.”

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2016, 04:32:48 AM »
But nobody wants to see a 71 yr old Indiana Jones.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2016, 02:04:02 PM »
New Indiana Jones film will be continuation of ‘The Crystal Skull’
The fifth film is set to follow on from the plot of its critically panned predecessor.

NOPE.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2016, 03:21:39 PM »
New Indiana Jones film will be continuation of ‘The Crystal Skull’
The fifth film is set to follow on from the plot of its critically panned predecessor.

NOPE.
Every site out there made a clickbait headline like that, but the actual quote is much more vague. To me it sounds like they just meant it follows Crystal Skull chronologically.

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2016, 03:54:10 PM »
Yeah, I think it is just referring to the period of time that the new one will be set in,

The age thing wasn't Crystal Skull's biggest problem for me. It was so frustrating, because some moments did feel like a proper IJ movie, but so many others were just way off.

I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt on this next one, but I still have reservations. It would be nice to finish the series on a high.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2016, 04:36:25 PM »
But nobody wants to see a 71 yr old Indiana Jones.

I do, if it is done right. They just need to address the passage of time upfront like they did with IJ4, and the later original cast Trek movies.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2016, 04:53:32 PM »
I think Disney and Lucasfilm should be investing time and money in developing Young Indiana Jones movies

Calvin6s

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2016, 11:57:46 PM »
First image from the new movie

Offline pg1067

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2022, 05:40:32 PM »
Judging from the prior posts in the thread, this is a few years late, but here's the first trailer for Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny.  Not sure what to make of some of this footage, but the bit at the end is amusing.

https://youtu.be/ZfVYgWYaHmE
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2022, 10:52:09 PM »
Just saw the teaser poster. Got goosebumps. When this is released, I am there. Might try to avoid this trailer, spoilers, and basically any information about this as best I can. In other words, don't expect to see me much in this thread.  :)

Ok did a little reading. Spielberg and Lucas aren't involved in this at all? Always thought these three were a package deal when it came to Indiana Jones.

The title reminds me of the Pick of Destiny. And that makes me think of Jack Black, who I despise.