Author Topic: Keanu Reeves training for John Wick 2  (Read 3845 times)

Offline The Trooper

Keanu Reeves training for John Wick 2
« on: March 05, 2016, 06:41:50 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpr8oqyjKIc

The kid can shoot. People have no idea how hard what he is doing here is

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Re: Keanu Reeves training for John Wick 2
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 07:00:16 AM »
Hell yeah, more john wick  :metal :metal :metal :metal

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 10:03:48 AM »
Saw this yesterday. Total badass.

I really liked John Wick. An action movie that's actually good, for once. Can't wait to see if the sequel delivers as well.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 10:10:33 AM »

Very impressive.

The first film was outstanding.  Really looking forward to the sequel.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 10:24:14 AM »
That's impressive.   :eek

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2016, 12:17:14 PM »

Very impressive.

The first film was outstanding.  Really looking forward to the sequel.

totally this. The shooting drill he performed looks awesome and he looked great....right at that slow mo shot gun shot the gun had jammed and he didn't skip a beat clearing it and getting another round downrange.

And I totally dug the first film and can't wait to see the second one.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2016, 12:55:49 PM »
The first one was entertaining as hell. Can't wait for this one. Its also impressive that he does most of the fighting himself.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2016, 01:43:20 PM »
Whoa.

Yes, I went there.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2016, 07:19:28 AM »
The first movie was one of the more pleasant surprises I've had as far as films go in a while, very much looking forward to a sequel.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016, 08:02:44 AM »
Wow that was bad ass. I really liked the first John Wick so I'm down for another go around.

Calvin6s

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2016, 04:26:29 PM »
I didn't watch John Wick until I heard all the recommendations.  Perhaps because of that, it was just ok for me.

Going back to the original video, I do have some jealousy for actors that get paid to learn new skills.  We'd have to find the time to fit some of these hobbies in, whereas they get to do it on the clock.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2017, 12:33:32 PM »
I just scored two free tickets to a screening of John Wick II next Tuesday night. I follow a local movie reviewer on Twitter and he sent out a link that the promoters had set up, I clicked and signed up and got in before there were no more seats available. I'm assuming that the theater likes to make sure it's full and there are only so many movie reviewers? Anyway, I had planned on seeing this next weekend anyway so getting to see it for free is bonus...plus the theater the screening is at is one of those with the leather comfy seats that recline with seat side service.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2017, 12:55:36 PM »
Nice!  Enjoy!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2017, 01:05:04 PM »
Wasn't there a spinoff about some guy that was basically like a walking encylopedia that knew something about everything, but the problem was that you never knew if you could trust him because a lot of his info came from suspect sources?  John Wiki?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2017, 01:40:15 PM »
Wasn't there a spinoff about some guy that was basically like a walking encylopedia that knew something about everything, but the problem was that you never knew if you could trust him because a lot of his info came from suspect sources?  John Wiki?

:icy:

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2017, 03:57:07 PM »
^ :lol

"Never kill a man's dog"

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2017, 05:30:43 PM »
That's a cool chart Sylvan

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2017, 08:17:26 PM »

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2017, 08:21:18 PM »

Actually that movie never saw the light of the day. They had finished shooting it and everything, but before they could finish all the post-production (CG, score, sound effects etc) someone leaked the movie online and the really negative reaction convinced the studio to just trash the whole thing.

Interestingly, there was a documentary made last year about how that all went down, I think it was called Wikileaks.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 08:27:18 PM by Adami »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2017, 02:21:12 AM »
WOW! That's the first time I've seen that. I guess we'll see 1 or 2 more "head shots" in the sequel.

LOVED the first! Just a plain 'punch your teeth in' type movie. Please, no puppy killings in the next one, I hate that. Can't wait!! ;D

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2017, 08:58:14 PM »
Just got back from the screening and all I can say is Wow! If you liked the first one you'll love this one....not only is it action packed but they manage to throw a solid story in there and the secondary characters are pretty cool. There are a couple well choreographed...long a$$ gun battle scenes that you can absolutely tell how much training Reeves did to pull these things off. It was cool to watch. And don't fret....the probability is very high that there will be a Third Chapter of John Wick, and after this movie I see no reason why they'd stop now.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2017, 09:39:23 PM »
Nice to hear! I was afraid they wouldn't be able to recapture what made the first movie good.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2017, 09:43:19 PM »
Nice to hear! I was afraid they wouldn't be able to recapture what made the first movie good.

IMO it's a better all around movie and the action sequences are just as good, dare I say better than the first film. I'm still in awe of some of the gun battle / action sequence choreography. It was intense.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2017, 07:34:34 AM »
That's great, look forward to seeing it!

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2017, 09:02:38 PM »
I had always dismissed the first one as a dumb action movie but it seems to get a lot of love so I might check it out. They've been playing audio trailers for this one on the radio non-stop and the dialogue just seems god awful.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2017, 10:14:05 PM »
Let me say the first John Wick is friggin bad ass. Brilliant movie. Let me say John Wick 2 is even more bad ass.  pure fun and the shootout scenes make Heat and Commando look like a muppets movie.fun flick. don't know how many more legs this series can go. but this is an awesome movie. haven't had more fun at a movie in years

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2017, 10:34:41 PM »
Let me say the first John Wick is friggin bad ass. Brilliant movie. Let me say John Wick 2 is even more bad ass.  pure fun and the shootout scenes make Heat and Commando look like a muppets movie.fun flick. don't know how many more legs this series can go. but this is an awesome movie. haven't had more fun at a movie in years

Totally agree. There's definitely a third as it's already out on the interwebz that it's being undertaken by the same team who wrote/directed/produced etc this second one. I'd like to see them tidy the series up with that one and not let this go until it was awful. For those who've seen it or will see it it's not incredibly difficult to surmise what the Third Chapter will entail as far as storyline, but I can only assume they'll TRY to top the gun battle scenes and stunts of chapter two....which will be a tough thing to do.

Cuz as you stated, it's some of the best if not the best gun battle sequences and choreography I've ever seen in ANY action movie. That party/catacomb battle sequence was awesome. I love Wicks signature move of shooting them in either the foot or leg to distract them from shooting, having them keel over then popping the head shot. He does it time and time again but when you think about it it's a perfectly logical and effective method. Shoot someone in the foot or leg and they immediately hunch over and the last thing they're doing is thinking of firing back at you. Anyway....

It may only be a shoot em up action movie but both movies are Top of The Class, Cream of the Crop shoot em up action movies. Far superior to the Bourne series by a long shot.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2017, 10:58:06 AM »
I liked the first JW movie, by reading these reviews I want to see part 2 now. I'm not a fan of bang bang shoot-em up movies but if the storyline is good I can make an exception. I just hate gun violence! It is too much of a reality in this world and Hollywood turns it into entertainment, seems kind of weird..
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2017, 11:23:07 AM »

Totally agree. There's definitely a third as it's already out on the interwebz that it's being undertaken by the same team who wrote/directed/produced etc this second one. I'd like to see them tidy the series up with that one and not let this go until it was awful. For those who've seen it or will see it it's not incredibly difficult to surmise what the Third Chapter will entail as far as storyline, but I can only assume they'll TRY to top the gun battle scenes and stunts of chapter two....which will be a tough thing to do.

Cuz as you stated, it's some of the best if not the best gun battle sequences and choreography I've ever seen in ANY action movie. That party/catacomb battle sequence was awesome. I love Wicks signature move of shooting them in either the foot or leg to distract them from shooting, having them keel over then popping the head shot. He does it time and time again but when you think about it it's a perfectly logical and effective method. Shoot someone in the foot or leg and they immediately hunch over and the last thing they're doing is thinking of firing back at you. Anyway....

It may only be a shoot em up action movie but both movies are Top of The Class, Cream of the Crop shoot em up action movies. Far superior to the Bourne series by a long shot.

Agree 100% dude. It will be hard to outdo this one but a third is needed. Just don't bleed the franchise to death.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2017, 12:13:41 PM »
Does anyone know if the first is streaming any where (Netflix, HBO, Hulu. etc.)?

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2017, 10:20:53 AM »
Does anyone know if the first is streaming any where (Netflix, HBO, Hulu. etc.)?
Not sure about that, but I see Amazon Instant has it on sale for $4.99.

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2017, 05:05:05 AM »
Just saw JW2. WOW!! It's even better than 1. :biggrin: It takes all of the greatness from the first and kicks it up on steroids. The opening scene itself was worth it!!

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2017, 12:11:59 AM »
I've never seen either JW movie. But I know that one of the directors from the first is doing Deadpool 2.

So how is the directing on the first one? Awesome?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2017, 07:06:21 PM »
Well, I just saw it and of course it was mental.

The first hour I was a little bored since he was on god mode and everything, but once the contract went out it became way more interesting and stakes were raised. And at first I was like "why the hell is no one in this city reacting to murder and knife fights in the streets?" and then I figured out toward the end that oh, its just an entire city of assassins  :lol   Which I am totally fine with

And Ian Mcshane was incredible as always.

I can't wait for 3. Its going to be insane :metal

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2017, 08:18:44 AM »
I've never seen either JW movie. But I know that one of the directors from the first is doing Deadpool 2.

So how is the directing on the first one? Awesome?
Perfectly suited to that type of film.