Author Topic: A Reading /Literature Forum  (Read 263 times)

Offline chaossystem

• We're on to your agenda, the dead-end road to nowhere.
  • Chapters unfinished, fading
A Reading /Literature Forum
« on: February 23, 2016, 02:20:09 AM »
Do you think it would be possible to have a separate forum for and about what people like or need to read? Such as books, comic books, graphic novels, magazines, etc. It might also be of help for people who need advice regarding things that they are required to read, such as math, history and science books, or instruction manuals, which are too difficult and/or boring to get through. But it would also be a good place to for us to start threads for our favorite authors, series', topics, and so forth...
I can't stop the world from turning around, or the pull of the moon on the tide, but I don't believe that we're in this alone, I believe we're along for the ride...

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
    • BlobVanDam's 3D Portfolio
Re: A Reading /Literature Forum
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 05:21:20 AM »
It took a while to get a movies/TV sub forum, and I think that's a lot more active than a reading sub forum would be, judging by the currently reading thread. I think Movies/TV and the Reviews sub forum are about the only major changes we've ever had, and the Reviews sub forum is thoroughly dead at this point, and even after years of having it pointed out, nothing's ever been done to remove the worthless Events sub forum that's been cluttering up the main page forever with no legitimate use (it's just carry-over from the old forums).
It's quite rare to get a new sub forum, so I don't see it happening. Having it separated from general discussion may even hurt discussion in this case.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Prog Snob

• As above, so below
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 05:39:33 AM »
I would love one but I don't know if there's a strong enough demand for one. It's kind of a shame really. Television and movies get more attention than literature.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 07:04:14 AM »
While it would be nice I also think there's not enough discussion about reading that it grants it's own sub forum.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline hefdaddy42

• Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound
  • Global Moderator
  • RIP Dad 1943-2010
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 01:51:24 PM »
Do you think it would be possible to have a separate forum for and about what people like or need to read? Such as books, comic books, graphic novels, magazines, etc. It might also be of help for people who need advice regarding things that they are required to read, such as math, history and science books, or instruction manuals, which are too difficult and/or boring to get through. But it would also be a good place to for us to start threads for our favorite authors, series', topics, and so forth...
There are threads for all of those things in GD.  Not really enough interest to drive another subforum for that stuff.

Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.