Poll

Vote for the song that you want to eliminate!

Prowler
7 (33.3%)
Remember Tomorrow
0 (0%)
Phantom of the Opera
0 (0%)
Transylvania
4 (19%)
Strange World
10 (47.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: February 13, 2016, 10:01:20 PM

Author Topic: Iron Maiden Survivor 2016 - Iron Maiden - Round 5  (Read 1108 times)

Offline 425

Iron Maiden Survivor 2016 - Iron Maiden - Round 5
« on: February 11, 2016, 10:01:20 PM »
Round 4 Results:

Prowler - 2 votes - 10%
Running Free - 9 votes - 45%
Transylvania - 2 votes - 10%
Strange World - 7 votes - 35%

Eliminated:

6. Running Free
7. Sanctuary
8. Iron Maiden
9. Charlotte the Harlot

Once again, Strange World barely slips through alive. Will it live to fight another day?

Well, I would have joined y'all on voting for Running Free if I hadn't thought that Prowler was the better way to save Strange World! I hold those two in approximately equal esteem, but for whatever reason I thought that Running Free would be more popular. Well, it worked anyway, so I'm staying with the same vote.

Prowler
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 10:34:19 PM by 425 »
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Iron Maiden Survivor 2016 - Iron Maiden - Round 5
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 12:44:53 AM »
SW

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 02:34:46 AM »
Strange World
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 02:36:16 AM »
Strange World

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 04:16:00 AM »
Prowler.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 06:39:21 AM »
Strange World

Time for me to hop on the Strange World bandwagon.  Love the song, but it has reached its point.

Offline CharlesPL

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 10:55:49 AM »

Prowler easily

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 11:54:37 AM »
Prowler, it's a good rocking song but in the end it's an early punk-ish song about a dude that flashes his junk, let's save Strange World for another round.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline 425

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 12:06:33 PM »
in the end it's an early punk-ish song about a dude that flashes his junk

Yeah, it's always struck me as a bit weird, given the sort of intelligent lyrics about history, literature and philosophy on some of their most famous albums, that the first song you hear in a full Iron Maiden discography run has a chorus that goes "Got me feeling myself and reeling around" :lol
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2016, 12:15:24 PM »
in the end it's an early punk-ish song about a dude that flashes his junk

Yeah, it's always struck me as a bit weird, given the sort of intelligent lyrics about history, literature and philosophy on some of their most famous albums, that the first song you hear in a full Iron Maiden discography run has a chorus that goes "Got me feeling myself and reeling around" :lol

True, but if you look at it in context of what the band was at that time, it's not that odd.  They also have Charlotte the Harlot on this album and the song Iron Maiden.  Kind of stupid lyrics if you ask me, but the music is great and I love Prowler because of that.  I also love the "punk" feel to this album.  Probably because I used to love punk music.  It's no surprise that a punk music label was after them to try to convert them.

Offline 425

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2016, 01:32:34 PM »
Oh, no, it's not that odd given the context of the band at the time. And they even tried to go back to similarly sexual lyrics on No Prayer for the Dying. It's just a bit funny that this would be the first you hear from the band that went on to record Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Paschendale and Starblind.
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2016, 02:19:45 PM »
Oh, no, it's not that odd given the context of the band at the time. And they even tried to go back to similarly sexual lyrics on No Prayer for the Dying. It's just a bit funny that this would be the first you hear from the band that went on to record Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Paschendale and Starblind.

Yup, agreed about that  :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2016, 03:10:07 PM »
Strange World
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2016, 05:19:05 PM »
I think Prowler is Paul's influence at the time.  :lol
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2016, 10:06:44 PM »
Strange World.

Just now i noticed the title track was eliminated very early. Wtf?
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

Offline 425

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2016, 10:35:00 PM »
The title track is generally viewed here as not being an especially great song. I have to say that I agree with that assessment. It has a special place in Maiden's discography because of its role in the live show, for sure, but as a song, I really just don't think it's that great. Certainly not as good as the five songs still in as of right now.
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2016, 03:14:33 AM »
That's the first time I see Starblind put in the same category as Rime and Paschendale, and rightfully so. Final Frontier is actually one of my favorite albums and has some of their most epic songs in When the Wild Wind Blows, The Talisman and Starblind.

Also, Strange World.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2016, 04:25:42 AM »
The title track is generally viewed here as not being an especially great song. I have to say that I agree with that assessment. It has a special place in Maiden's discography because of its role in the live show, for sure, but as a song, I really just don't think it's that great. Certainly not as good as the five songs still in as of right now.

Yeah, the title track is by now just an excuse to shout "Iron Maiden" some times at concerts and see Eddie.

Still, it's decent enough to not be embaressed about it, I hate when bands have namesake songs that are so forgettable that they don't even bother to play them live.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline 425

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2016, 08:16:29 AM »
That's the first time I see Starblind put in the same category as Rime and Paschendale, and rightfully so. Final Frontier is actually one of my favorite albums and has some of their most epic songs in When the Wild Wind Blows, The Talisman and Starblind.

I completely agree with all of this. TFF is actually my favorite Iron Maiden album.
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2016, 07:24:35 PM »

Not that is great, but 8th place is too low imo.
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.