7 (8.1%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
0 (0%)
Washington Redskins
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: 2016 NFL THREAD - Super Bowl 51 - Patriots' Day: V - Screw Goodell  (Read 218032 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - RIP Dennis Green
« Reply #945 on: August 27, 2016, 07:41:41 AM »
:lol

Jimmy G-String. Lol. Not looking good tonight. It's his vision of the field and press snap read that's the issue. We are spoiled seeing Brady do that.

:hat

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #946 on: August 27, 2016, 07:53:51 AM »
No QB is perfect bub.   ;D

But some are damn close!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #947 on: August 27, 2016, 07:58:27 AM »
Agreed. It's already weird knowing that football will be played this year without Peyton Manning (and, for that matter, Calvin Johnson), and it will be weird soon, too, when Brady is no longer playing.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #948 on: August 27, 2016, 08:29:01 AM »
The football cycle of life.  Hell, we are lucky Brady is still playing. He's a rare breed.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #949 on: August 27, 2016, 08:32:43 AM »
He is, and so was Peyton (remember that Peyton was starting in the NFL in 1998, while Brady didn't until 2001). 

So was Brett Favre, who I can't believe has been out of the league long enough now to be in the Hall of Fame.  I still maintain that Favre could have been the best QB ever had Holmgren never left GB (he was the one coach Favre had who could reel him in as far as turnovers go, while still letting him play the way he wanted to).

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #950 on: August 27, 2016, 08:35:37 AM »
It's obvious the leagues rules have helped but all three have a desire, the drive, the love for the game.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #951 on: August 27, 2016, 01:03:53 PM »
Sounds like Romo's gonna be out for a while with a broken bone in his back.

Dak time starts now.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #952 on: August 27, 2016, 01:13:10 PM »
Jesus.  He can't catch a break.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #953 on: August 27, 2016, 01:30:37 PM »
Jesus.  He can't catch a break.

There's a joke there somewhere  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #954 on: August 27, 2016, 01:33:56 PM »
There sure is! :rollin

But seriously,  I feel for him.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #955 on: August 27, 2016, 02:40:09 PM »
Romo is done.  Dak Prescott has already shown that he has what it takes to be a good QB in this league.  The rest of the offense speaks for itself.  I don't think Romo will be missed on the field.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #956 on: August 27, 2016, 05:29:25 PM »
Ben Watson just tore his achillies tendon :(

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #957 on: August 27, 2016, 06:18:45 PM »
Damn.  I love Ben.  I hope a quick recovery for him.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #958 on: August 28, 2016, 06:59:02 AM »
Ben Watson catching Champ Bailey and knocking him out of bounds at the 1 on his INT return in the 2005 divisional game is still one of the most incredible individual plays I've ever seen. 

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #959 on: August 28, 2016, 09:13:49 AM »
Romo really needs to retire, at 36, and 2 broken back injuries.  It's time.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #960 on: August 29, 2016, 08:44:50 AM »
Dak Prescott has already shown that he has what it takes to be a good QB in this league.
Well, I don't know.  I mean, I know he has looked good in the preseason, but how much time has he gotten with the starters and going against starting defenses?

Besides, they are preseason games.  He isn't getting any defense's full package yet.

He's off to a good start, for sure.  But I certainly don't think the Cowboys are 100% confident in him.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #961 on: August 29, 2016, 01:12:22 PM »
Dak Prescott has already shown that he has what it takes to be a good QB in this league.
Well, I don't know.  I mean, I know he has looked good in the preseason, but how much time has he gotten with the starters and going against starting defenses?

Besides, they are preseason games.  He isn't getting any defense's full package yet.

He's off to a good start, for sure.  But I certainly don't think the Cowboys are 100% confident in him.

And yet I can totally see him scorching the Giants defense in the opener.  I would have rather played against Romo  :lol  The pessimism of the football season is beginning

Offline Skeever

« Reply #962 on: August 29, 2016, 01:16:19 PM »
From the Philly area... Eagles fans talking about their schedule like it'll be a cakewalk... lol.

Does this fanbase ever look in in the mirror?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #963 on: August 29, 2016, 01:39:01 PM »
From the Philly area... Eagles fans talking about their schedule like it'll be a cakewalk... lol.

Does this fanbase ever look in in the mirror?

I think you know the answer to this

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #964 on: August 29, 2016, 02:08:22 PM »
I've got no real fondness for Romo, but I'd have liked to see him get another shot. Dude's far better than most want to give him credit for and honestly doesn't deserve a lot of the grief he gets. It's funny that a lot of the fans down here think that Romo was the one thing holding them back. In reality nothing is further from the truth. There are a lot of teams stuck with the Alex Smiths and Nick Foles of the world, and Dallas fans might well find out what that's like.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #965 on: August 29, 2016, 02:09:52 PM »
I've got no real fondness for Romo, but I'd have liked to see him get another shot. Dude's far better than most want to give him credit for and honestly doesn't deserve a lot of the grief he gets. It's funny that a lot of the fans down here think that Romo was the one thing holding them back. In reality nothing is further from the truth. There are a lot of teams stuck with the Alex Smiths and Nick Foles of the world, and Dallas fans might well find out what that's like.

Sounds like a fondness to me! ;D

I actually agree with everything you say.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #966 on: August 29, 2016, 02:17:53 PM »
Nah, I really don't much like the guy. It's just that football fans are often times opinionated loudmouths who don't know what they're talking about. I like people who think Romo sucks because he couldn't earn rings for the entire team even less. And Dallas is an awful, awful football town. Those sorts of people make up nearly the entire city.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #967 on: August 29, 2016, 02:22:01 PM »
Roma's value to the team was pretty apparent last season; he will never get credit for being a really good and really tough QB.

Speaking of QBs, the Broncos are going with Trevor Siemian. I am good with that.  Sanchez is just too erratic, and Lynch isn't ready yet.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #968 on: August 29, 2016, 02:28:08 PM »
Roma's value to the team was pretty apparent last season; he will never get credit for being a really good and really tough QB.

Speaking of QBs, the Broncos are going with Trevor Siemian. I am good with that.  Sanchez is just too erratic, and Lynch isn't ready yet.

I think there was a stat that the cowboys only won 7 of the 27 games Romo hasn't started in since he became the starter... that says enough to me about the value of him.  However, I think the fumbled snap in the playoffs is what really haunts him and leaves many people feeling like he is a loser more so than a winner because people can pin that one loss on him on that one play. (plus the memorable photo of him sitting on the ground).

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #969 on: August 29, 2016, 02:29:21 PM »
Nah, I really don't much like the guy. It's just that football fans are often times opinionated loudmouths who don't know what they're talking about. I like people who think Romo sucks because he couldn't earn rings for the entire team even less. And Dallas is an awful, awful football town. Those sorts of people make up nearly the entire city.

Just messin'.

The guy catches way too much flak.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #970 on: August 29, 2016, 02:58:57 PM »
Yeah, he never recovered from the bobbled snap. That cemented his place as a choker. Going 2-3 thereafter certainly didn't help. His best shot to redeem himself was 2 years ago when the Calvin Johnson rule killed them. Had they eked that one out it would have gone a long way to repairing the damage.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #971 on: August 29, 2016, 03:01:07 PM »
And the laugher there is, that botched snap play was when he was a holder, not a quarterback, so for many to consider him a choker because of a play gone wrong that had nothing to do with the position he plays 99.999999 of the time is so asinine.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #972 on: August 29, 2016, 03:05:23 PM »
And the laugher there is, that botched snap play was when he was a holder, not a quarterback, so for many to consider him a choker because of a play gone wrong that had nothing to do with the position he plays 99.999999 of the time is so asinine.
The stupidity of Dallas football fans is nothing short of remarkable. This just isn't a football town.
E.F. Benson

Offline Skeever

« Reply #973 on: August 29, 2016, 04:41:41 PM »
Philly fans are just as bad, but they obsess about football 24x7x365 and think that they're really smart.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #974 on: August 30, 2016, 08:06:00 AM »

Well, obviously we don't know how he's gonna do in the regular season because it hasn't started yet.  Yeah, he's looked good in the preseason.  What more can be expected from a new guy?  Now that Romo is out, Dak will most likely start.  If he doesn't continue to look good in the regular season, then you can go out of your way to try and prove me wrong.  :p
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #975 on: August 30, 2016, 08:11:29 AM »
I wasn't saying "You are 100% wrong" I was saying "Let's not be hasty".
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #976 on: August 30, 2016, 02:54:23 PM »

Agreed. Sanchez has had ample opportunity to prove he's not that good and that double-fumble pre-season game sealed his fate.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #977 on: August 30, 2016, 03:00:40 PM »

Agreed. Sanchez has had ample opportunity to prove he's not that good and that double-fumble pre-season game sealed his fate.

Siemian seems like a crazy idea to go with, but I watched him play at Northwestern and he was really good in his limited time.  His problem was getting injured though.  I'm really happy for him to get the shot and am rooting for him to succeed.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #978 on: August 30, 2016, 04:11:06 PM »
Damn on Teddy Bridgewater.   Sounds like he's out for the year.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #979 on: August 30, 2016, 05:31:19 PM »
If not longer.

Sucks, as I was really rooting for him. He's easily one of the most likeable QB's to get drafted, and I think he had talent too. This could have been a break-out year for him.