7 (8.1%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
0 (0%)
Washington Redskins
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: 2016 NFL THREAD - Super Bowl 51 - Patriots' Day: V - Screw Goodell  (Read 218186 times)

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - Regular Season Schedule Unveiled Tonight.
« Reply #350 on: April 14, 2016, 01:31:24 PM »
Easley come,  Easley go.
Interesting move. I'm willing to accept that it was the right thing to do; Bill knows what he's doing. At the same time there has to be more to it than just his being injury prone. He didn't cost much and he played well when he actually played. I'm assuming he was becoming a problem in the locker-room, and if that's the case then he was probably jettisoned so he'd become Rex Ryan's locker-room headache.  :lol

:lol

It's was the background issues from what we are hearing.   Not going to their doctors for rehab, teammates off the record saying he was a cancer in the locker room.

What I like is it says they are not afraid to say they blew the pick and let's get rid of the issue asap.
Damn. Sounds like he had a ton of issues. Pretty clear nobody will miss him there. What's interesting is that the Manziel scouting reported turned out to be absolutely spot on, but Easley seems to have the exact same issues and tendencies and presumably went unnoticed at draft time.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #351 on: April 14, 2016, 01:50:25 PM »
It all started with 2 weeks before his first camp he did not report he was bit by his own pit bull on the ankle, wrist and thigh.  His dog was put down and missed practice and the Pats were clueless.   

Something separate, he went through 3 agents representing him in 2 years while not trying to better himself in the eyes of the Pats coaching staff. His #1 focus was not on football.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #352 on: April 14, 2016, 03:46:50 PM »
It all started with 2 weeks before his first camp he did not report he was bit by his own pit bull on the ankle, wrist and thigh.  His dog was put down and missed practice and the Pats were clueless.   

Something separate, he went through 3 agents representing him in 2 years while not trying to better himself in the eyes of the Pats coaching staff. His #1 focus was not on football.
Yeah, The Globe went into all sorts of details about his troubles. The thing that bugs me is that his friend is having to sue him because of that dog. Man, you take care of your friends when you wrong them.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #353 on: April 14, 2016, 04:48:40 PM »
Back to the topic of the Schedule being announced.  I've always paid attention to it. At least to the extent of catching the news within a day of it happening. This year holds a LOT more intrigue for me, seeing my teams back home and I'll more than likely have season tickets.  I'm sure the Rams might have another prime time game, or 2, this year.  If I were a scheduler, the first weeks game would be the Sunday night game 49ers at the Coliseum.  Talk about re-kindling history!

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #354 on: April 14, 2016, 05:58:19 PM »
Back to the topic of the Schedule being announced.  I've always paid attention to it. At least to the extent of catching the news within a day of it happening. This year holds a LOT more intrigue for me, seeing my teams back home and I'll more than likely have season tickets.  I'm sure the Rams might have another prime time game, or 2, this year.  If I were a scheduler, the first weeks game would be the Sunday night game 49ers at the Coliseum.  Talk about re-kindling history!

Or they can have the Rams open up @ San Fransisco #schedulefail

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #355 on: April 14, 2016, 06:04:40 PM »

Or they can have the Rams open up @ San Fransisco #schedulefail

Just saw that..ON Sunday night..SMH.  Idiots...

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #356 on: April 14, 2016, 06:08:03 PM »
Ravens get shunned (mostly) from prime time games after 1 bad season.

Hopefully they come out pissed off like in years past.

Meanwhile Dallas gets the max # of national televised and Washington gets another MNF opener...

Oh well.... is it September yet?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #357 on: April 14, 2016, 06:16:09 PM »
Does it really count as "shunning" if it is just a team nobody cares about?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #358 on: April 14, 2016, 06:19:23 PM »
Ooops... got it wrong, the Rams vs. 49ers is the 2nd Monday Night game opening week.  Bosky.. they almost got it perfect, just would have been more fitting at the Coliseum  :biggrin:

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #359 on: April 14, 2016, 06:22:30 PM »
Having a relocated or expansion team open up at the road makes no sense, unless the team requested it for some reason.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #360 on: April 14, 2016, 06:30:23 PM »
Having a relocated or expansion team open up at the road makes no sense, unless the team requested it for some reason.
Agreed.. you'd the NFL would completely showcase it.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #361 on: April 14, 2016, 06:40:03 PM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( At the schedule for the Packers.

2 road games to open the season, including the first regular season game at the Viqueens new stadium.

WHAT IS WORSE IS A STUPID WEEK 4 BYE.

I HATE week 4 byes!!!  What is the point of having byes so early?!?! It serves NO benefit except they lose out on much needed rest later in the season. I'd rather have more teams on a bye and fewer bye weeks than bye weeks spread out so much. I'm sure it's a revenue decision, but seriously for the player's health they should have byes like between weeks 6 and 11 or something.
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #362 on: April 14, 2016, 06:44:37 PM »
I agree. Byes that early are dumb.

LA would be starting at home if they had their new stadium ready to go, but they don't.  I am sure the year where they debut their new stadium, they will be hosting one of the night games week 1.

Broncos/Panthers to open the season...nice. :hat

Offline de_fromage

« Reply #363 on: April 14, 2016, 06:45:45 PM »
I hope the Broncos get it together in the QB department, defense will be strong enough to upset the panthers again
Ringo is one of my top 5 Beatles.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #364 on: April 14, 2016, 06:49:36 PM »
It won't be an upset if the Broncos win week 1. Heck, it really wasn't an upset in the Super Bowl (they were only 5 1/2-pt dogs because the betting public loves to bet offense).

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #365 on: April 14, 2016, 07:02:45 PM »
5, 830pm games

Ugh.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #366 on: April 14, 2016, 07:05:18 PM »

LA would be starting at home if they had their new stadium ready to go, but they don't.  I am sure the year where they debut their new stadium, they will be hosting one of the night games week 1.

The Ravens' stadium wasn't ready until their 3rd season. Fortunately the Baltimore Ravens first ever game was in Baltimore, as it should have been. Sorry that the same common sense couldn't be applied to L.A. fans. Oh well... what's one more week I guess. 

Offline de_fromage

« Reply #367 on: April 14, 2016, 07:07:38 PM »
It won't be an upset if the Broncos win week 1. Heck, it really wasn't an upset in the Super Bowl (they were only 5 1/2-pt dogs because the betting public loves to bet offense).

Defense is the way to go,SB XLVIII prove it to the Broncos, as it has happened before
Ringo is one of my top 5 Beatles.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #368 on: April 14, 2016, 07:24:38 PM »
It doesn't make much sense to me for the Rams to give up that much for the #1 pick when there isn't a consensus top QB, but hey, maybe they're convinced one of them will be great.

As for the release of the schedule, there's pretty much nothing worth noting at this time of year aside from seeing which west coast team really got screwed travel-wise. The NFL is too unpredictable to factor SOS into it.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #369 on: April 14, 2016, 07:34:53 PM »

Defense is the way to go,SB XLVIII prove it to the Broncos, as it has happened before

You win multiple SB's you have to have balance.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #370 on: April 15, 2016, 05:18:11 AM »

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #371 on: April 15, 2016, 05:22:26 AM »
SNIP

Saw that last night. Got a chuckle out of week 14.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #372 on: April 15, 2016, 05:59:27 AM »
SNIP

Saw that last night. Got a chuckle out of week 14.

As a Giants fan, that is golden  :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #373 on: April 15, 2016, 06:20:03 AM »

The Ravens' stadium wasn't ready until their 3rd season. Fortunately the Baltimore Ravens first ever game was in Baltimore, as it should have been. Sorry that the same common sense couldn't be applied to L.A. fans. Oh well... what's one more week I guess.

LA has football fans?? ???

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #374 on: April 15, 2016, 06:22:38 AM »

:lol Touche.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #375 on: April 15, 2016, 09:22:12 AM »
The Jets schedule isn't too bad. The five primetime games is a pleasant surprise. The stretch from week 2 to week 7 looks tough but manageable and everything else is fairly standard as far as difficulty goes. If they get Fitzpatrick resigned or get another decent QB, things are lined up to make a run for the playoffs.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #376 on: April 15, 2016, 09:46:02 AM »
Packers Hawks will be nationally televised on a Sunday night. That's all I'm almost sure of.

Probably Giants vs Cowboys as well, that seems to be a Sunday night game every year

Not that it was a crazy prediction, but yup December 11th there is it.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #377 on: April 15, 2016, 09:50:11 AM »
Packers Hawks will be nationally televised on a Sunday night. That's all I'm almost sure of.

Probably Giants vs Cowboys as well, that seems to be a Sunday night game every year

Not that it was a crazy prediction, but yup December 11th there is it.

Yeah... I think that MNF has a much better game than SNF that week  ;D

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - Regular Season Schedule Unveiled
« Reply #378 on: April 15, 2016, 11:43:36 AM »
The NFL needs to do away with the Monday Night Football doubleheader featuring the horrendous duo of Chris Berman and Trent Dilfer in the booth.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #379 on: April 15, 2016, 11:46:18 AM »
The NFL needs to do away with the Monday Night Football doubleheader featuring the horrendous duo of Chris Berman and Trent Dilfer in the booth.

I personally like the double header.  Its nice on the east coast to be able to catch two games on a Monday night.... but yea they could do better with getting commentators for the second game.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #380 on: April 15, 2016, 01:07:12 PM »

ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY! Most of them just root for east coast teams, where they're originally from  :lol

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #381 on: April 15, 2016, 02:39:37 PM »
Yeah, i walked into a Goodwill in Anaheim the other day, and there were a large amount of Chargers jerseys on the racks.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #382 on: April 15, 2016, 05:28:59 PM »
So who's the bigger dipshit, Manziel or Gordon? There are plenty of irresponsible nimrods in the NFL, but these two are the perennial fuckups.  Personally, I think I'll go with Manziel. Gordon is certainly not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but his mistakes are mostly about getting along with the leave. Most recently thinking he can pull one over on the league by cheating on a drug test. Lots of people try that. Manziel seems to be too stupid for life. Passing out in a rented house with a known check out time and felony dope lying in plain sight? Fuck, we knew better than that when I was 14. Moreover, where I think Gordon is probably too stupid to learn from his mistakes, Manziel clearly just doesn't care enough to.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #383 on: April 15, 2016, 05:31:18 PM »
Manziel.  The outcry from his dad to friends to his ex agent says it all.  This kid will be found dead at some point if he doesn't get help.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #384 on: April 15, 2016, 05:51:29 PM »
Manziel.  The outcry from his dad to friends to his ex agent says it all.  This kid will be found dead at some point if he doesn't get help.
I doubt he's into anything that will kill him. I see him acting a fool for a few more years until he actually has to work for a living and then settling down and selling real estate.
E.F. Benson