7 (8.1%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
0 (0%)
Washington Redskins
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: 2016 NFL THREAD - Super Bowl 51 - Patriots' Day: V - Screw Goodell  (Read 217793 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - Free Agency
« Reply #315 on: March 30, 2016, 12:16:39 PM »
It's maddening the lawyer speak we have to hear from them.  Let those fuckers burn.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #316 on: March 30, 2016, 05:28:09 PM »

Denver can win a Super Bowl with Mark Sanchez. They just won it with a corpse.

Eh, that's a pretty lame way to put it. Manning was done, sure, but he played about as well throughout the playoffs as Brady did during NE's first Super Bowl playoff run, for example.

It's maddening the lawyer speak we have to hear from them.  Let those fuckers burn.

Agreed.  The NFL owners care about money and power, above all else, which is why they are trying to shout down this concussion talk. 

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #317 on: March 30, 2016, 06:05:21 PM »

Denver can win a Super Bowl with Mark Sanchez. They just won it with a corpse.

Eh, that's a pretty lame way to put it. Manning was done, sure, but he played about as well throughout the playoffs as Brady did during NE's first Super Bowl playoff run, for example.

Quarterbacking isn't just about one's arm.  Sure, his stats weren't anything great, but there was no better QB above the shoulders.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #318 on: April 03, 2016, 04:49:53 AM »
It sounds like Denver and SF are working on the trade parameters to get Kaepernick but his high salary is the hard part with the cap right now.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #319 on: April 03, 2016, 07:19:03 AM »
I can't say I'd be excited about Kaepernick becoming a Bronco, but I think a QB guru like Kubiak could still salvage something out of him, and he would be a good fit for their offense since he can throw it deep and run the naked bootleg.  Still, he has always struck me as a monster douche, so it would be a tough pill to swallow having him as the Broncos starting QB.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #320 on: April 03, 2016, 07:26:44 AM »
Kubiak, has a style that fits a throwing, role out QB so it can be a good fit.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #321 on: April 04, 2016, 10:20:23 AM »
I would love it if he became a Bronco.  Kev, try not to be put off by the public persona Harbaugh encouraged him to put on during his second season.  From what I have seen, that isn't really indicative of who he is. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #322 on: April 06, 2016, 08:09:34 AM »
I would love it if he became a Bronco.

I agree.  Something in my gut says he'd be a great fit, and return to his SB season level of performance.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #323 on: April 08, 2016, 08:54:21 AM »
Surprised (and bummed) to hear D'Brickashaw Ferguson is announcing his retirement, but good for him to go out on his terms. It's kind of mind boggling that he played offensive line for a decade and never missed a single snap from injury. He missed one snap at the end of a 2009 game when the whole offensive line was subbed out for a gadget play, and that's it. I think they said he's never even showed up on the injury report. One of my favorite Jets from the last 10-15 years.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #324 on: April 08, 2016, 10:05:36 AM »
Surprised (and bummed) to hear D'Brickashaw Ferguson is announcing his retirement, but good for him to go out on his terms. It's kind of mind boggling that he played offensive line for a decade and never missed a single snap from injury. He missed one snap at the end of a 2009 game when the whole offensive line was subbed out for a gadget play, and that's it. I think they said he's never even showed up on the injury report. One of my favorite Jets from the last 10-15 years.

This is sad, but it's also a good thing in the long run. He was starting to decline and his retirement opens up an opportunity for a younger player along with some much needed cap space. Regardless, thank you Brick for everything you have done with the Jets.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - Regular Season Scheduled Unveiled Tonight.
« Reply #325 on: April 14, 2016, 05:19:00 AM »
The regular season schedule will be unveiled tonight at 8:00 PM EST. I'm sure that both the NFL Network and ESPN will have specials devoted to this. I'm also confident that at least some of the games will be leaked before the official announcement.

This has really become one of my favorite days of the year. I can't wait to see who plays who and when they're playing. 

What we know.

Denver's most likely hosting the opening Thursday night game, as they should. Likely opponent either Carolina, New England, Houston or Kansas City.

Three London games already announced.

10/02 - Indianapolis vs. Jacksonville
10/23 - TBD NFC East team vs. Los Angeles
10/30 - Washington vs. Cincinnati

Personally, I can't wait to see when the Ravens are hosting the Eagles. The fiance is a die hard Philly sports fan, and we're going to that game.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - Regular Season Schedule Unveiled Tonight.
« Reply #327 on: April 14, 2016, 07:33:49 AM »
Easley come,  Easley go.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #328 on: April 14, 2016, 07:44:53 AM »
There is no quarterback in this draft worthy of a #1 pick.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #329 on: April 14, 2016, 07:45:49 AM »
Say that to teams with no qb.  It's worth the chance.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #330 on: April 14, 2016, 07:50:59 AM »

Agreed. Got to roll the dice here. If one of these guys pan out, it could do a lot to reverse a team's fortune.

Like this from both sides. Rams get (another) chance to get their guy and the Titans get a LOT of draft picks to try to make improvements all around.

Would be funny to see the Rams opt for Wentz over Goff. could be similar to the Smith/Rodgers deal in '05.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #331 on: April 14, 2016, 08:51:14 AM »
This has really become one of my favorite days of the year. I can't wait to see who plays who and when they're playing. 

Really?  Interesting.  I can't say I've ever run across anyone who even cared.  :dunno:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #332 on: April 14, 2016, 09:05:28 AM »

Really?  Interesting.  I can't say I've ever run across anyone who even cared.  :dunno:

You haven't run across any fans of NFL teams? I mean, this is a pretty big deal. How does a team's schedule shake out? Does it have a lot of "tough" games in a row or are things spaced out well? Which games will be on prime time? When are division rivals playing? When do warm weather teams have to go to cold weather stadiums (could be a huge difference between September and December? Etc...

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #333 on: April 14, 2016, 09:09:14 AM »
I mean I understand the impact of the schedule. I just don't get that hyped about the day it's announced.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #334 on: April 14, 2016, 09:20:21 AM »
I mean I understand the impact of the schedule. I just don't get that hyped about the day it's announced.

Unless you are planning on attending games, I don't care much for the hype either.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #335 on: April 14, 2016, 09:21:28 AM »
Anyone else not particularly like when the Super Bowl is repeated in Week One of the following season?  I get why they do it, but for me, it's artificial and annoying.  Especially when there are wholesale changes in one or both of the teams.   Pointless hype.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #336 on: April 14, 2016, 09:24:10 AM »
Anyone else not particularly like when the Super Bowl is repeated in Week One of the following season?  I get why they do it, but for me, it's artificial and annoying.  Especially when there are wholesale changes in one or both of the teams.   Pointless hype.

Has this ever happened?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #337 on: April 14, 2016, 09:26:15 AM »

You haven't run across any fans of NFL teams? I mean, this is a pretty big deal. How does a team's schedule shake out? Does it have a lot of "tough" games in a row or are things spaced out well? Which games will be on prime time? When are division rivals playing? When do warm weather teams have to go to cold weather stadiums (could be a huge difference between September and December? Etc...

I know tons of fans.  But none of them I have ever run across in my entire lifetime care about any of those things, that's all I'm saying.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #338 on: April 14, 2016, 10:17:42 AM »
Same here.  The schedule will be out eventually, but it doesn't mean anything at all until we get a LOT closer to the start of the season.

I've never heard anyone make a big deal about it.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #339 on: April 14, 2016, 10:20:01 AM »
Same here.  The schedule will be out eventually, but it doesn't mean anything at all until we get a LOT closer to the start of the season.

I've never heard anyone make a big deal about it.

Talking heads will start ranking who has the toughest and weakest schedules, but you are right, it means nothing since teams change so much each season. 

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #340 on: April 14, 2016, 11:56:28 AM »

Agreed. Got to roll the dice here. If one of these guys pan out, it could do a lot to reverse a team's fortune.

Like this from both sides. Rams get (another) chance to get their guy and the Titans get a LOT of draft picks to try to make improvements all around.

Would be funny to see the Rams opt for Wentz over Goff. could be similar to the Smith/Rodgers deal in '05.
Rolling the dice is one thing. Mortgaging your house to let it all ride on the dice is something completely different. The question isn't whether or not there's a QB worth a number one pick. The question is whether or not one is worth all of your best picks for 2 years.

Sucks to be Cleveland right now.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #341 on: April 14, 2016, 12:00:07 PM »
Easley come,  Easley go.
Interesting move. I'm willing to accept that it was the right thing to do; Bill knows what he's doing. At the same time there has to be more to it than just his being injury prone. He didn't cost much and he played well when he actually played. I'm assuming he was becoming a problem in the locker-room, and if that's the case then he was probably jettisoned so he'd become Rex Ryan's locker-room headache.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #342 on: April 14, 2016, 12:00:48 PM »
If the league actually had any balls they'd schedule Pitt/Cinci as the opening game of the season.
E.F. Benson

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #343 on: April 14, 2016, 12:03:22 PM »
Ah, I think Burfict is suspended for the first three games as of right now... So I'm guessing you'll see a Monday night, nationally televised week 4 game with PIT and Cincy.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #344 on: April 14, 2016, 12:07:35 PM »
Good point. The animosity is still plenty strong, so it'd still be fun to watch, but I suspect waiting for numbnuts to return would certainly be better.
E.F. Benson

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #345 on: April 14, 2016, 12:14:29 PM »
Packers Hawks will be nationally televised on a Sunday night. That's all I'm almost sure of.
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #346 on: April 14, 2016, 12:21:08 PM »
Packers Hawks will be nationally televised on a Sunday night. That's all I'm almost sure of.

Probably Giants vs Cowboys as well, that seems to be a Sunday night game every year

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #347 on: April 14, 2016, 12:22:45 PM »
As to the schedule, it all depends on who you ask as to fair/unfair.  I do know that last year's schedule for the Ravens was harsh:  5 of the first 7 games on the road.  The last time that had happened:  the 2002 Ravens.  Four of those five were out west.  And as good as they have been,  I think they've only had one home MNF game in the past eight years. 

I know many teams had three straight road contests, three straight at home, many four out of five road stretches.  There are the crazy West Coast road games, followed by a Thursday home game.  Or good ol' San Diego....10pm MNF at home, followed by a Sunday 1pm at Pittsburgh.  It seems that their East Coast games could occasionally start at 4pm.  A couple of years ago, the Falcons had three road games, then a 'home' game in London, and then a bye.  That had to be rather tough on season ticket holders as well.

I wish that all teams had a bye before their Thursday night games.  It won't happen, because it makes too much sense.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #348 on: April 14, 2016, 12:42:53 PM »
Easley come,  Easley go.
Interesting move. I'm willing to accept that it was the right thing to do; Bill knows what he's doing. At the same time there has to be more to it than just his being injury prone. He didn't cost much and he played well when he actually played. I'm assuming he was becoming a problem in the locker-room, and if that's the case then he was probably jettisoned so he'd become Rex Ryan's locker-room headache.  :lol

:lol

It's was the background issues from what we are hearing.   Not going to their doctors for rehab, teammates off the record saying he was a cancer in the locker room.

What I like is it says they are not afraid to say they blew the pick and let's get rid of the issue asap.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #349 on: April 14, 2016, 01:26:01 PM »
I'm EC-FUCKING-STATIC with the Rams BOLD move.  It's exactly what was needed.  The upside?  A possible genuine elite caliber franchise QB, at the very least more competent then the current roster QB's.  The down side?  Don't see one really.... I mean, what, are we gonna STAY sub 500 for the 11th straight year?? :lol  The Rams have spent the last 4 years utilizing the draft to build a young solid club.  For the most part they've done that.  This was the final piece, and to me the move made complete sense.  As far as the kings ransom?  Again... I don't think it's as bad as it looks.  One of the second rounders was from Philly last year for the Bradford/Foles.  As far as next years 3rd, we're probably gonna pick up a compensatory 3rd rounder for losing Jenkins in next years draft, that will cover that one.

At the end of the day though, the Rams probably weren't going to take the next step with Keenum, Foles or Mannion.  It's an AWESOME time to be a Los Angeles Rams fan!

GO RAMS!!!!!