7 (8.1%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
0 (0%)
Washington Redskins
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: 2016 NFL THREAD - Super Bowl 51 - Patriots' Day: V - Screw Goodell  (Read 217814 times)

Offline TheCountOfNYC

Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - Divisional Week
« Reply #2870 on: January 15, 2017, 08:56:09 PM »
So we go from a thriller to field goals galore.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2871 on: January 15, 2017, 09:20:57 PM »
I guess the only reason for me to be excited is that just by regression to the mean, they'll be better in the red zone next week.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2872 on: January 15, 2017, 09:37:24 PM »
Awful game tonight.  The Chiefs offense is so boring to watch, and the Steelers did all they could to keep KC in the game. 

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #2873 on: January 15, 2017, 09:50:34 PM »
I'm just glad that the Chiefs are out  :xbones

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #2874 on: January 16, 2017, 04:18:16 AM »
I get home Friday and they announce the time change....I'm like, F&^k you NFL! I gotta wake up Mon. morning at 4AM EST. and I know how my Steelers play...they can never put a game away when they should when they play at night, and sure enough. After that incredible early game, I was expecting at least 1 TD by them. Horrible play calling by PIT. in the red zone, gotta give the ball to Bell. They clearly dominated that game and still squeaked it out. At least they're D looks good, but I'm afraid they reached the end of the line. I can't see PIT. going into Gillette and winning.

Offline mikeyd23

Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - Ryan vs. Rodgers, Pats vs. Pitt
« Reply #2875 on: January 16, 2017, 07:22:09 AM »
Well the Steelers got the win, but need to play much better moving forward if they have any chance against the Pats.

Running the ball with Bell worked great in the first half, but KC adjusted at halftime and did much better against the run in the second half. Once again Haley failed to recognize this and adjust properly and continued to be too run heavy. I get it, Ben clearly was not 100% but man, he has to figure out how to make adjustments.

Online faizoff

« Reply #2876 on: January 16, 2017, 07:28:55 AM »
One other thing I didn't notice right away about the Packers - Cowboys game was the sack that Rodgers took and how he held on to that ball, in watching that replay later I don't know how he hung on to that ball. 9/10 I'm sure that's a fumble.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2877 on: January 16, 2017, 07:39:12 AM »
Can't believe he held on to the ball either. But the defender should've tried to put a hand on it though.

Is it me, or does Travis Kelce seem like a tool?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #2878 on: January 16, 2017, 07:45:50 AM »

As a super biased Steeler fan, the morning after playing his team, I'd say yes.  :lol

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2879 on: January 16, 2017, 08:26:01 AM »

His postgame interview was ridiculous.  He should be fined for that garbage.

Now what Antonio Brown did postgame.... he crossed a line....... don't know if he'll get what he deserves since he's so good... but  all things equal... he shouldn't play next week

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #2880 on: January 16, 2017, 08:29:46 AM »
Now what Antonio Brown did postgame.... he crossed a line....... don't know if he'll get what he deserves since he's so good... but  all things equal... he shouldn't play next week

You mean the facebook live video?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2881 on: January 16, 2017, 08:35:58 AM »

His postgame interview was ridiculous.  He should be fined for that garbage.

Huh. I didn't see either.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2882 on: January 16, 2017, 08:36:17 AM »

You mean the facebook live video?

Of course. There are certain lines that you don't cross. I loved Coach Tomlin's message, but that wasn't meant for public consuption.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2883 on: January 16, 2017, 08:46:28 AM »
Wow! I just watched as much as I could stomach of Brown's video on YouTube.

Love when Tomlin goes something like stay off or be cool on social media, and Brown says "F@#k that s%#t."

Pretty sure Belichick is showing that video to the Pats this morning.

Wow, what a D-bag.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #2884 on: January 16, 2017, 08:53:14 AM »
Yup, I have no issue with Tomlin saying what he said, it was, like you said, meant for the privacy of the locker room.

Brown is an absolute idiot and should not have live streamed all that. I agree he crossed a line. I'd be willing to bet a lot that the Steelers don't do anything about it, for a variety of reasons, but a line was definitely crossed.

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #2885 on: January 16, 2017, 08:57:07 AM »
Wow! I just watched as much as I could stomach of Brown's video on YouTube.

Love when Tomlin goes something like stay off or be cool on social media, and Brown says "F@#k that s%#t."

Pretty sure Belichick is showing that video to the Pats this morning.

Wow, what a D-bag.

Agreed....just plain stupid. :omg:

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2886 on: January 16, 2017, 08:58:49 AM »
Tomlin was excellent, and I don't think he gets half of the credit he deserves.

But he knows that no one uses bulletin board material better than Belichick, and that was his message. He was undermined before he even began. If the Steelers don't win and Brown has an off game, he's (Brown) going to look like a fool.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #2887 on: January 16, 2017, 09:01:11 AM »

But he knows that n one uses bulletin board material better than Belichick, and that was his message. He was undermined before he even began. If the Steelers don't win and Brown has an off game, he's going to look like a fool.

Brady was just quoted by ESPN (my phone just told me so it has to be true, right?!) saying "don't think that would go over well with our coach" in regards to Brown posting a video of Tomlin last night.

Brown just put the Steelers at even more of a disadvantage. He literally did exactly what the other guys were saying not to do - he posted something to piss off the Pats.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2888 on: January 16, 2017, 09:05:41 AM »
  "don't think that would go over well with our coach" 

To put it mildly. The happiest guy is now is Belichick because he has that, AND the fact that the Pats played like shit last week.

And I'm not trying to push a Pats angle here. Just posting how I think Belichick will view all this.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #2889 on: January 16, 2017, 09:22:03 AM »
  "don't think that would go over well with our coach" 

To put it mildly. The happiest guy is now is Belichick because he has that, AND the fact that the Pats played like shit last week.

And I'm not trying to push a Pats angle here. Just posting how I think Belichick will view all this.

Yeah, I guess the problem is, what would you want the Steelers to do to Brown for posting the video? They aren't going to bench arguably the best WR in football during the AFC Championship game...So what do they do? Fine him?

WWBBD (What Would Bill Belichick do)?

Online faizoff

« Reply #2890 on: January 16, 2017, 09:25:01 AM »
What a bone headed move by Brown, I'm quite sure it's pretty much a universal rule that the locker room talk stays in the locker room. Every team abides by it, I don't think I've ever seen something like this happen. Players have grumbled about things being said in the locker room and it gets picked up by reporters but a live stream video on facebook? That's some extra level stupid.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2891 on: January 16, 2017, 09:29:54 AM »

I believe Belichick would hold him out of the first offensive series this week. That's about all the public would see. Behind closed doors it would be "dealt with".

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2892 on: January 16, 2017, 09:31:35 AM »

But he knows that n one uses bulletin board material better than Belichick, and that was his message. He was undermined before he even began. If the Steelers don't win and Brown has an off game, he's going to look like a fool.

Brady was just quoted by ESPN (my phone just told me so it has to be true, right?!) saying "don't think that would go over well with our coach" in regards to Brown posting a video of Tomlin last night.

Brown just put the Steelers at even more of a disadvantage. He literally did exactly what the other guys were saying not to do - he posted something to piss off the Pats.

Yes he did say that.  He was asked about that on WEEI this morning on the Kirk & Callahan show.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #2893 on: January 16, 2017, 10:00:19 AM »
I believe Belichick would hold him out of the first offensive series this week. That's about all the public would see. Behind closed doors it would be "dealt with".

I would, as a Steeler fan, be totally cool with Tomlin doing this. I don't think he will though.  :lol

Yes he did say that.  He was asked about that on WEEI this morning on the Kirk & Callahan show.

Yup, like I said, Brown just provided the Pats with even more fire, stupid move.

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #2894 on: January 16, 2017, 11:18:29 AM »

I would, as a Steeler fan, be totally cool with Tomlin doing this. I don't think he will though.  :lol

Yup, like I said, Brown just provided the Pats with even more fire, stupid move.

It will be interesting to see how Tomlin addresses the topic at his Tue. presser. ;)

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2895 on: January 16, 2017, 11:39:02 AM »

I think the point is that he never really has to. He tends not to sign knuckleheads and he's willing to unload damn near anyone if the need comes. Everybody on the team knows what the rules are about talking to the media, and after what happened to Jamie Collins, I doubt very many are willing to test Bill's disciplinary resolve.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2896 on: January 16, 2017, 11:41:27 AM »

I think the point is that he never really has to.

Well, that was my first thought, but I didn't want to come off as a homer.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #2897 on: January 16, 2017, 11:53:48 AM »
It will be interesting to see how Tomlin addresses the topic at his Tue. presser. ;)

:lol Yeah he'll totally automatically slip into some cliche Tomlin saying...and then not say anything real at all. So pretty what he does at every Tuesday presser.

That doesn't come off as homerish to me because I think it's spot on. That was kinda my point. Every guy in that NE locker room knows they CAN NOT do that sort of thing. Clearly, Brown feels totally comfortable doing it.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2898 on: January 16, 2017, 12:43:04 PM »
Great player, but yes, he is. He's always doing stupid things like jerk-off motions when his team is penalized, and generally seems to act like a frat bro. He comes off like a more mean-spirited version of Gronkowski to me.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2899 on: January 16, 2017, 01:29:35 PM »
After seeing the Pitt/KC game last night, both of those teams are not capable of going into Foxborough and winning.  Looks like I'm hoping that ATL runs the table because I don't want GB or NE winning the SB.  It would be cool to see the Falcons get it.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2900 on: January 16, 2017, 02:08:36 PM »

:lol Yeah he'll totally automatically slip into some cliche Tomlin saying...and then not say anything real at all. So pretty what he does at every Tuesday presser.

That doesn't come off as homerish to me because I think it's spot on. That was kinda my point. Every guy in that NE locker room knows they CAN NOT do that sort of thing. Clearly, Brown feels totally comfortable doing it.

Brown is a self-absorbed narcissus. It's always about him. Nice job undermining your team's effort. He's the a-hole, not Patriots. All teams and players use this language, but it's not meant for public consumption. I started disliking him last year when he was whining about his stats while the team was attempting to win games with Vick. Major douche.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2901 on: January 16, 2017, 02:10:37 PM »
After seeing the Pitt/KC game last night, both of those teams are not capable of going into Foxborough and winning.  Looks like I'm hoping that ATL runs the table because I don't want GB or NE winning the SB.  It would be cool to see the Falcons get it.

You can't base your predictions on one measly game. You could have said the same about how the Patriots played Saturday, no way that flies against a good team.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #2902 on: January 16, 2017, 02:20:58 PM »
Brown is a self-absorbed narcissus. It's always about him. Nice job undermining your team's effort. He's the a-hole, not Patriots. All teams and players use this language, but it's not meant for public consumption. I started disliking him last year when he was whining about his stats while the team was attempting to win games with Vick. Major douche.

You won't get any argument from me on any of that.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2903 on: January 16, 2017, 02:29:00 PM »
I called the Dallas game, and during halftime I switched my Pitt pick to KC. DAMMIT. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2904 on: January 16, 2017, 02:29:37 PM »
Is Ben really healthy?  I saw some of the game but had to go to bed to get up early for work.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC