7 (8.1%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
0 (0%)
Washington Redskins
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: 2016 NFL THREAD - Super Bowl 51 - Patriots' Day: V - Screw Goodell  (Read 216475 times)

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - DAK ATTACK!
« Reply #2555 on: January 01, 2017, 04:33:03 PM »
Did you expect them to win? :lol More like LOL Pitt.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #2556 on: January 01, 2017, 04:56:29 PM »

As bad as the Steeler's backups on offense at the skill positions usually are(excluding DeAngelo Williams), yes, the Browns should have won that game today.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2557 on: January 01, 2017, 05:29:05 PM »
Well, they almost did but it wasn't generally expected.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2558 on: January 01, 2017, 05:46:17 PM »

No....whatever the opposite of lol Pitt is more fitting. Injuries to Bell and Brown helped to ruin their last two playoff runs undoubtedly prompted the wise decision to sit the aforementioned allpros along with the QB. And Pittsburgh losing to ANYONE without those 3 playing wouldn't be anything to laugh about.....and remember...I'm a Ravens fan

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2559 on: January 01, 2017, 06:21:05 PM »
Well, pencil in the Pats hosting the winner of KC-Pitt for the AFC title.

NFC:  depends on tonight's game.  Stakes are big:  win, have the home crowd behind you, and host the Giants.  No easy feat, but the odds are even.  Lose, and go to Seattle.  As someone who suffered too long with the Lions, my heart is with them.  Logic and history are another story.

As to the Ravens:  was hoping for 9-7 after last year's injury riddled disaster.  But....wow, a game that meant nothing, and the only play out of a bag of tricks was a failed from the start lineman eligible pass.  It felt like Matt Cavanaugh was back at OC.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #2560 on: January 01, 2017, 06:22:51 PM »

No....whatever the opposite of lol Pitt is more fitting. Injuries to Bell and Brown helped to ruin their last two playoff runs undoubtedly prompted the wise decision to sit the aforementioned allpros along with the QB. And Pittsburgh losing to ANYONE without those 3 playing wouldn't be anything to laugh about.....and remember...I'm a Ravens fan

Bingo. Bring on Miami!

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2561 on: January 01, 2017, 06:24:33 PM »
Well, pencil in the Pats hosting the winner of KC-Pitt for the AFC title.

NFC:  depends on tonight's game.  Stakes are big:  win, have the home crowd behind you, and host the Giants.  Lose, and go to Seattle.  As someone who suffered too long with the Lions, my heart is with them.  Logic and history are another story.

As a Giants fan I'm curious how you feel about facing them again if it comes to that. Honestly, I'm not confident at all in the Giants offense but their defense may be able to squeak out a win or two (at best) in the playoffs.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2562 on: January 01, 2017, 06:32:56 PM »
Sadly, the main thing I am worried about next week is cheap shots from Suh. He's as bad as Burfict.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2563 on: January 01, 2017, 06:43:36 PM »
Cousins pissed away the Redskins playoff chances with two god awful INTs. 

If there is any justice, Matt Ryan locked up the MVP today.

I can't believe I am saying this, but I feel bad for the Raiders. Losing Carr cost them the division and a first round bye. Brutal way to end what had been a magical season for them.  The football gods were not kind to them.

That said, I am glad the Broncos sent Kubiak out a winner.  He has meant a lot to that organization over the years - OC as the two SB winners in the late 90s and the head coach of last year's winner - and will forever be a winner in the eyes of Broncos fans. :tup :tup

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2564 on: January 01, 2017, 06:49:54 PM »
Hoping Detroit wins tonight, as a Giants fan, I would rather play there than at Green Bay.... but going through Green Bay almost seems appropriate for the Giants.

In reality, I don't see the Giants as a real contender.  The offense just isn't good.  The defense is lights out, but the offense needs just a little more to make them a dangerous team.  Granted, good defense helps on the road in the playoffs, but the offense is that bad.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2565 on: January 01, 2017, 07:13:02 PM »
So now that we have our final 12.....here is my order of want.

1. Detroit
2. Atlanta
3. Kansas City
4. Oakland
5. Seattle
6. Dallas
7. Miami
8. Houston
9. Green Bay
10. New York
11. New England
12. Pittsburgh

That said...I fully expect New England to defeat Dallas or Green Bay in the Super Bowl

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2566 on: January 01, 2017, 07:19:32 PM »
Since they can no longer deflate footballs, I just don't see them having a chance.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #2567 on: January 01, 2017, 08:48:30 PM »
I'm really pleased with the Broncos' effort today and glad we sent Kubiak off with a win. They really kicked the Raiders' asses, and that will always get me excited no matter what either team's record is. At this point, I'm rooting for pretty much anyone in the NFC to win the Super Bowl. Can't get behind anyone in the AFC right now besides maybe Miami. I'll be shocked if Miami doesn't lose by at least 14 points against Pittsburgh next weekend, though  :rollin

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - No Romo? No Problem!
« Reply #2568 on: January 01, 2017, 09:54:35 PM »
Wild Card Round Power Rankings
1. New England - offense and defense are both clicking
2. Dallas - set up to finally get back to the big game
3. Kansas City - will be deadly in the divisional round, given Andy Reid's record following byes
4. Atlanta - will be a tough out, with that offense lighting everyone up
5. Green Bay - Rodgers is playing as good as anyone right now
6. Pittsburgh - defense doesn't scare anyone, but Bell and Brown are two of the best skill position players in the league
7. NY Giants - offense doesn't scare anyone, but that defense is playing lights out
8. Seattle - the fear factor is gone
9. Detroit - better than many think, but will have a tough team at Seattle
10. Oakland - terrible QB luck down the stretch
11. Houston - mediocre team won a bad division
12. Miami - showed great improvement, even if one and done is likely

MVP
1. Matt Ryan
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Derek Carr
4. Tom Brady
5. Dak Prescott

Coach of the Year
1. Bill Belichick
2. Jack Del Rio
3. Jason Garrett
4. Dan Quinn
5. Adam Gase

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #2569 on: January 02, 2017, 05:20:52 AM »
Here's my order of who I want to win it all.

01: Detroit
02: Oakland
03: Atlanta
04: Kansas City
05: New York
06: Green Bay
07: Houston
08: Dallas
09: Seattle
10: Miami
11: Pittsburgh

12: A nuclear winter wiping out all life on Earth

13: New England
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - Wild Card Week
« Reply #2570 on: January 02, 2017, 06:50:39 AM »
I love the hate.  I'm looking forward to a 5th Championship.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2571 on: January 02, 2017, 07:21:45 AM »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2572 on: January 02, 2017, 07:25:22 AM »
I still look forward to a 5th trophy.  The past is the past.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2573 on: January 02, 2017, 07:29:12 AM »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2574 on: January 02, 2017, 07:31:12 AM »
 :lol

I'm trying to pull a BB.  We're onto the playoffs. :lol

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2575 on: January 02, 2017, 07:41:46 AM »
Well Joe, here's to hoping that a fifth trophy remains something you look forward to for a long time :lol

One benefit of the Jets playing a meaningless game against the Bills yesterday was I ended up getting to go to the game and have a decent seat for $40 (including my share of the parking pass). Got to see a Jets win, although annoyed that we left just before the fluke special teams touchdown we scored because the Bills just decided not to field a kickoff.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2576 on: January 02, 2017, 07:43:08 AM »
Exactly. :lol :tup

I sure hope you savored the easy schedule the Patriots had this year.  It's shockingly easy when you go back and look at it. And the divisional round might as well be another bye. :lol

edit: this post was to Joe.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2577 on: January 02, 2017, 07:46:38 AM »
I still look forward to a 5th trophy.  The past is the past.

Scenes from St. Louis..

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2578 on: January 02, 2017, 07:53:55 AM »
Where are the scenes from Denver? :P

Fun facts: the Brady/Belichick Patriots have lost four road playoff games; three of them were in Denver, and three of them were to Peyton Manning. :hat

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2579 on: January 02, 2017, 07:58:34 AM »
Denver? Never heard of it. I have no recollection of any game played in Denver. :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2580 on: January 02, 2017, 08:10:42 AM »
Exactly. :lol :tup

I sure hope you savored the easy schedule the Patriots had this year.  It's shockingly easy when you go back and look at it. And the divisional round might as well be another bye. :lol

edit: this post was to Joe.

First, I savor this every day.  I will never see a run like this again in my lifetime.  Second, it's like the stars aligned for the playoffs too Kev! We will not have to play KC or Pitt until the AFC Championship game. 

I'll take esy or a hard schedule.  In 2014 it was a very tough schedule so it's the luck of the draw.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2581 on: January 02, 2017, 08:20:51 AM »
BTW Kev, even though the schedule was easy this year, to go 8-0 on the road is an amazing accomplishment.   Their 2 losses were at home and that in itself is a rarity.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2582 on: January 02, 2017, 08:32:02 AM »
The NFL does a great job with scheduling :tdwn   I don't understand no byes before Thursday games, two teams facing off after one had a bye the previous week, West Coast teams playing a Sunday or Monday night, and then travelling east for a 1pm start the next, etc.  Yesterday, it certainly wasn't fair for the Lions to have a road game in Dallas, and then TWO less days off than the Packers.  Had it mattered, I'd say the same about the Cowboys travelling to Philly. 

But, what do I know?  Here, for your entertainment, were my preseason picks:
AFC playoffs.....NE, KC, Indy, Cinn, Denver and the Ravens as WC (injuries, the schedule, and 'luck' won't be as horrible as last year for Balto).  Steelers and NYJets barely miss out.
NFC playoffs.....GB, Caro, Sea or Ariz in the West, runner up as WC.....and, good grief, I have to pick two others?  Uhm, the team SE of Central Michigan, and the other team that moved from Cleveland at one time

Final Four the same as Kev.  GB-KC for the lonnnnng awaited rematch, Pack to win again.
So glad I proofread this initially, as I didn't even pick an NFC East team :facepalm:  I would have taken the Giants or Potatoes, so it shows how well I can pick 'em at times.  I actually thought the Rams D and their move would give them a winning season?

At least my year wasn't as bad as the one Reggie Bush had

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/bills-rb-reggie-bush-nfl-history-saddest-article-1.2931776?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nydnrss%2Fsports%2Fbasketball%2Fnets+(Sports%2FBasketball%2FNets)

Comment on Gary Kubiak:  the best OC the Ravens have had for an entire season this century.  Denver was THE only HC position he would have taken after that 2014 season (sigh).  Kudos for what he did with the Broncos, sorry for the continuing health issues, now take that deserved rest......though I do know there's a team that would love to have you back as OC..................

The playoffs:  the Cowboys have to be pulling for Detroit to top Seattle, otherwise they get the Packers-Giants winner, and I 'feel' either one has 'it' to win in Dallas.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 08:45:12 AM by DragonAttack »
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline dparrott

« Reply #2583 on: January 02, 2017, 08:53:15 AM »
Speaking of Pop Warner, that's where Mark Sanchez belongs.   :lol The guy is horrible.

Speaking of Pop Warner, that's what the Lambs looked like against AZ.  I was there to personally witness that horror.   ::)  Thought it was going to be a LITTLE closer than that....
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2584 on: January 02, 2017, 09:20:18 AM »

Oh, Pitt losing to anyone (including the Ravens) is always something to laugh about.  They're gonna need more than those 3 players to make a run.  Especially if they make it to NE.

Speaking of Pop Warner, that's where Mark Sanchez belongs.   :lol The guy is horrible.

Speaking of Pop Warner, that's what the Lambs looked like against AZ.  I was there to personally witness that horror.   ::)  Thought it was going to be a LITTLE closer than that....

Should've been closer but with those two teams, you never know what you're gonna get.  Could have easily gone the other way.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2585 on: January 02, 2017, 09:23:50 AM »
BTW Kev, even though the schedule was easy this year, to go 8-0 on the road is an amazing accomplishment.   Their 2 losses were at home and that in itself is a rarity.

It is.  They were definitely fortunate with even the timing of the road game scheduling - getting the Steelers without Ben; the Broncos near the end of the season when the offense was a mess; Miami yesterday when they essentially had nothing to play for - but it is what it is.

The NFL does a great job with scheduling :tdwn 

Along these lines, the two playoff Saturday night games are not good.

First, Detroit at Seattle.  Okay, the two AFC games are dreadful, so Detroit at Seattle is the 2nd best game of the weekend, most likely.

However, the NE divisional round game is the following Saturday night.  That's awful.  Considering they are guaranteed to get a team with a bad QB, that is guaranteed to be a stinker of a game.

Now, I get that the late Sunday game is basically THE prime time game of the first and second rounds, so putting GB/NYG and then the Dallas game on then makes sense, but you gotta figure that Atlanta vs Sea/GB/NYG should be great in the divisional round, yet it's already stuck as the 3:30 Saturday game (which is usually the least attractive game). 

Oh, Pitt losing to anyone (including the Ravens) is always something to laugh about.  They're gonna need more than those 3 players to make a run.  Especially if they make it to NE.

If they beat Miami, beating the Chiefs in KC will a very tall order.  Andy Reid teams are always awesome after a bye, and the Steelers won't feast on them like they did back in October, not in Kansas City.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2586 on: January 02, 2017, 09:31:07 AM »
Yeah, KC is a very dangerous team indeed.  It doesn't seem too difficult to imagine a KC/NE AFC championship.  What a game that would be.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2587 on: January 02, 2017, 11:13:41 AM »
I'm glad everyone is counting the Steelers out. This is the first time the triplets will be healthy and active for the playoffs.

I'll be rooting hard for the Giants this weekend, if Steelers make it to the dance I want no part of Aaron Rodgers.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2588 on: January 02, 2017, 11:25:40 AM »
I'm glad everyone is counting the Steelers out. 

Everyone is not doing that.  Practically everywhere you look, KC and Pittsburgh are being viewed as the only teams in the AF with any real shot of winning at NE.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2589 on: January 02, 2017, 11:35:07 AM »
Watched the Jed York (49ers owner) press conference and the stupid questions never cease to amaze me.  Some guy asked why he shouldn't be dismissed. :lol Uh, owners don't get fired or dismissed.  Gotta admit, he handled the criticism pretty well.

...if Steelers make it to the dance I want no part of Aaron Rodgers.

Help me out here. What's the connection between the Steelers and Aaron Rodgers?