7 (8.1%)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 (1.2%)
Tennessee Titans
0 (0%)
Washington Redskins
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: 2016 NFL THREAD - Super Bowl 51 - Patriots' Day: V - Screw Goodell  (Read 216361 times)

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
Re: 2016 NFL THREAD - DAK ATTACK!
« Reply #2520 on: December 28, 2016, 11:58:50 AM »
I don't believe Dallas would be where they are now with Romo as the starter.  He's too injury prone, not as mobile and doesn't make good passing decisions.  That's probably the most impressive thing about Prescott.  Minimizing turnovers.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2521 on: December 28, 2016, 01:30:53 PM »
Prescott has been great at avoiding turnovers, but of course it sure helps when you are rarely in 3rd and long because your running game is so dominant.  That said, he has been pretty great.

Change of topic, it's almost kind of sad how irrelevant Andrew Luck has become.  No one barely talks him anymore.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2522 on: December 28, 2016, 01:32:34 PM »
That GM/Coach combo in Indy is blowing his talent.   
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2523 on: December 28, 2016, 01:39:33 PM »

I think that is true to some degree, but the more you look at it, the more that looks less true. Okay, their o-line is awful, but it's a common misperception that they have no other talent on that team.  Last year, the Colts went 6-3 in games Luck didn't start.  6-3!! Hard to believe that a team many would have us believe is "Luck and the Bums" could win six out of nine games without said quarterback. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2524 on: December 28, 2016, 01:52:39 PM »
Kev, how are we supposed to have a sports conversation around here when you keep injecting actual facts?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2525 on: December 28, 2016, 01:54:19 PM »

I think that is true to some degree, but the more you look at it, the more that looks less true. Okay, their o-line is awful, but it's a common misperception that they have no other talent on that team.  Last year, the Colts went 6-3 in games Luck didn't start.  6-3!! Hard to believe that a team many would have us believe is "Luck and the Bums" could win six out of nine games without said quarterback.

I look at the offensive line and how bad the D is. The public battles have hurt Luck.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #2526 on: December 28, 2016, 02:27:42 PM »

To be fair, their backup QB last season could have easily been a starter for many other teams.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2527 on: December 28, 2016, 02:45:50 PM »

Their gameplans suddenly became a lot better when they had the backup QB in, though. They didn't ask him to stand back there and get killed trying to throw the ball down the field like they did with Luck.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2528 on: December 28, 2016, 03:55:26 PM »
Kev, how are we supposed to have a sports conversation around here when you keep injecting actual facts?

My apologies. :biggrin:

I look at the offensive line and how bad the D is. The public battles have hurt Luck.

Okay, but if the o-line and D is so bad, how did they go 6-3 w/o him?

To be fair, their backup QB last season could have easily been a starter for many other teams.

Who, Matt Hasselbeck?? Come on, now.

Their gameplans suddenly became a lot better when they had the backup QB in, though. They didn't ask him to stand back there and get killed trying to throw the ball down the field like they did with Luck.

That might be true, but if the talent is so depleted and the coaching staff is so bad, it seems weird that any game plan could have gotten them to 6-3 w/o Luck.

I think most are finally realizing that Luck is not as great as everybody thought he would be.  He is a good QB, no more, no less.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2529 on: December 28, 2016, 06:43:02 PM »
Kev, I think the team has stunted him.  He is being hurt by management.   You can't deny that. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2530 on: December 28, 2016, 07:41:37 PM »
I think it's both.  He is not being helped by management, in regards to his offensive line, but I still see way too many mistakes, even on plays where he had time to throw.  He just hasn't evolved into the great QB we all thought he would.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2531 on: December 28, 2016, 07:51:43 PM »
I think it's all on management.   You have a franchise QB, it's up to you to nature him to allow him to grow.  Indy has not.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #2532 on: December 28, 2016, 09:08:51 PM »

Who, Matt Hasselbeck?? Come on, now.

Definitely. It's true that he was at the end of his career, but he was still a lot better than many of the starting QB's in the league that were much closer to their prime. Some of them were rookies/young guys that hadn't/haven't developed yet (Bortles, Bridgewater ect. ect...). While there were others that just plain stunk up any stadium that they stepped into (Kaepernick, QB Browns 1-5).

Note: I'm not as critical of Kaepernick as most other fans are. I think that he's a victim of his environment more so than being a poor player. However, I still would have taken MH over him on any given week last season.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #2533 on: December 29, 2016, 12:03:00 AM »
Yup. Sports Talk Radio is like DTF Live.

Full of opinionated people who frequently drift off topic....yep....nailed it!  I don't listen to sports radio much, but when I do, I sure don't want to listen to people blabbing for several minutes about non-sports things.   :\
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2534 on: December 29, 2016, 06:40:24 AM »
So I have PFT on TV right now, and Florio is Dontari Poe. My issue isn't using a play like that in a game they were winning handily. It's that they should've saved it for the playoffs.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #2535 on: December 29, 2016, 03:05:18 PM »

Online Dream Team

« Reply #2536 on: December 29, 2016, 05:05:27 PM »
Really compelling argument at Football Outsiders that Matt Ryan is pretty clearly the MVP.

Offline FracturedMirror

« Reply #2537 on: December 30, 2016, 10:05:30 AM »
After my initial panic, I quickly calmed down.  I think the Raiders will be alright.  McGloin's an underdog and a fighter with something to prove.  Raiders have been here before with a backup named Plunkett that did alright.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2538 on: December 30, 2016, 10:46:37 AM »
I'll say it Oakland and 'THE BOYS'.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2539 on: December 30, 2016, 10:52:47 AM »
N.E. would have open arms hosting The Raiders.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2540 on: January 01, 2017, 09:22:35 AM »
Kubiak likely stepping down because of health issues.  :(

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2541 on: January 01, 2017, 09:28:50 AM »
Yeah I read that.  That sucks.  He's a very good coach but his health is his #1 priority.

Pats no happy with the field conditions this morning in Miami.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2542 on: January 01, 2017, 09:34:06 AM »
Trent Baalke and Chip Kelly both out in SF. And leaked a day before Chip has to coach a game, in typical Jed York fashion.  :\

I agree with them both being fired, I'm just tired of the way the organization is run.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2543 on: January 01, 2017, 09:35:47 AM »
The ownership is the real problem in SF.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2544 on: January 01, 2017, 09:36:40 AM »
WTF with coaches being fired after 2 years. Doesn't make any sense. Wasn't Belichick 5-11 his second year in NE?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2545 on: January 01, 2017, 11:58:37 AM »
No, just his first year.

Meanwhile, Cleveland is going to beat the Steelers scrubs today and cost themselves the 1st overall pick. :lol :lol

Which will make that 1st overall pick really happy. :rollin :rollin

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #2546 on: January 01, 2017, 01:04:18 PM »
No, just his first year.

Meanwhile, Cleveland is going to beat the Steelers scrubs today and cost themselves the 1st overall pick. :lol :lol

Which will make that 1st overall pick really happy. :rollin :rollin

There's a definite upside to this for all Steelers fans. Landry Jones is on track to put the final nail in the coffin of his playing career.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2547 on: January 01, 2017, 01:07:41 PM »
I know they're playing the Bills but the Jets are squandering a couple of draft pick slots right now.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2548 on: January 01, 2017, 01:09:56 PM »
Jesus what a block by Floyd to spring Endelman for a TD.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2549 on: January 01, 2017, 01:35:07 PM »
Jesus what a block by Floyd to spring Endelman for a TD.

No shit!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2550 on: January 01, 2017, 01:36:11 PM »
Barring the Dolphins scoring three touchdowns late and then Seattle pitching a shutout later, New England will lead the league in points allowed.  Amazingly, that's the first time they've done that in the Belichick era.  Coach of the Year, easy.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2551 on: January 01, 2017, 01:50:20 PM »
Suh up to his antics again and Blount is dumb enough to respond.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2552 on: January 01, 2017, 01:50:24 PM »
I know they're playing the Bills but the Jets are squandering a couple of draft pick slots right now.

I take this back. A Pop Warner team could beat the Bills the way they're playing today.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2553 on: January 01, 2017, 02:00:38 PM »
Speaking of Pop Warner, that's where Mark Sanchez belongs.   :lol The guy is horrible.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online Dream Team

« Reply #2554 on: January 01, 2017, 02:41:51 PM »
Lol Browns.