Author Topic: Songs from TA that go well together  (Read 959 times)

Offline Enigmachine

Songs from TA that go well together
« on: February 07, 2016, 08:24:19 AM »
I find that some of the songs on TA have a feeling of being one unit like on SfaM with Scenes Two (O1928 + SDV), Three (TMW + FT) and Seven (TDoE + OLT). ASitS and WYTHC are an obvious example that I've seen mentioned a lot, but I think there are a few others.

Descent of the NOMACS / Dystopian Overture / The Gift of Music - DO comes in during the fade of a NOMAC sound and TGoM comes in during a fading chord, serves like a bombastic and energetic opening 10 minute statement.

The Answer / A Better Life - Segued with the marching in time with the intro of ABL, shows the thoughts of the brothers of Ravenskill.

Three Days and A Tempting Offer with the respective following NOMAC tracks - The NOMAC tracks come in during the fading chord, highlighting a threat in the previous song.

2285 Entr'acte / Moment of Betrayal - MoB comes in on held Oboe (I think) note, similar purpose to DotN / DO / TGoM except for re-introduction.

The Walking Shadow / My Last Farewell - MLF piano is continued from TWS after Faythe is stabbed, Shows the aftermath of both murders and a reaction from Xander and Gabriel. John Petrucci considers these two tracks as one to be the best song on the album.

Anyone else feel that these tracks are meant to be listened as they are here? Are there any more examples of multiple tracks flowing as one?

Offline pcs90

Re: Songs from TA that go well together
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 10:46:51 PM »
Well, My Last Farewell flows into Losing Faythe, I think...with the samples in between

Offline V_R11

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 03:37:43 AM »
A Savior in the Square/When Your Time Has Come is an obvious one
Seasons change and so can I

Offline Enigmachine

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 07:11:21 AM »
Well, My Last Farewell flows into Losing Faythe, I think...with the samples in between

Nah, There is some silence after the scream then Losing Faythe begins with the crying samples.

A Savior in the Square/When Your Time Has Come is an obvious one

Indeed, I just didn't feel the need to highlight it due to it being mentioned so many times, but I did mention it here:

ASitS and WYTHC are an obvious example that I've seen mentioned a lot, but I think there are a few others.