Author Topic: Angie Tribeca  (Read 1010 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Angie Tribeca
« on: February 04, 2016, 10:32:38 AM »
Saw a promo spot a little while back and instantly decided it was a "must watch," but then lost track and forgot about it until I saw it when browsing my On Demand queue the other night.  Two episodes in, and it is pretty much what I thought it would be:  Dumb, childish, slap-stick police comedy ala The Naked Gun or Police Squad!  ...and I love it for that.  I mean, come one--the Partner's name is Jay Geils.  How can you NOT love that.

Any other fans?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline ozzy554

Re: Angie Tribeca
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 10:40:45 AM »
I kinda want to check it out but the commercials make it look like it's trying too hard to be like The Naked Gun. Which reminds me that I have not watched those movies in a while.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 10:45:59 AM »
I kinda want to check it out but the commercials make it look like it's trying too hard to be like The Naked Gun. Which reminds me that I have not watched those movies in a while.

Oh, it absolutely is, and is unabashedly open and upfront about that.  So if that is an issue for you, the show is not for you.  But The Naked Gun was also unabashedly based on Police Squad! and stole a number of gags from that show.  So on and on we go.  Surely, that can't be a substantial objection.

That is a substantial objection.  And don't call me "Shirley."

:shirley:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 11:05:20 AM by bosk1 »
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 11:23:57 AM »
I like it so far. Steve Carrell is a producer on it and Rashida Jones is great.........plus hot

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 11:28:28 AM »
my friends and I binged the first season when they aired it all back to back in the 25 hour marathon, easily one of the funniest shows i'd seen in ages.  Perfect blend of Naked Gun and Airplane, with a couple running gags that are just hysterical the more times you see them.
looking forward to season 2  :tup

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 11:51:23 AM »
It's on my list of "things I'd like to be watching but am not". I like a lot of the talent involved.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 12:07:22 PM »
Well worth the watch. It is really funny. :tup

Offline T-ski

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 09:51:30 AM »
not as funny as the original "Police Squad!" but I enjoyed the first couple of episodes.

Wonder if they tried to contact the two Zuckers and Abrahams at all.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2016, 06:31:02 AM »
This is the dumbest show I've ever seen and I FREAKING LOVE IT!! I literally laugh out loud watching alone! It also reminds me a little of Get Smart.  :rollin