Author Topic: Boardwalk Empire  (Read 1031 times)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Boardwalk Empire
« on: February 02, 2016, 07:25:09 PM »
So I just discovered and watched every episode of this kick ass show.

I really enjoyed almost all of it. Cool story lines and incredible characters. My favorite probably being Richard Harrow. I also love Nelson and the torture that is his life. I loved Jimmy Darmody for the most part, and would have liked to see him stay around a little longer but it is what it is. The humor is also great in this show.

Anyone else a fan?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Boardwalk Empire
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 08:12:53 PM »
I liked it a lot.  The first two seasons were pretty awesome.  The others were all pretty good, but not as great as the first two.  I agree that Richard Harrow was a great character.

It is also worth noting that the actors that they got to play the younger Nucky and Commodore in the final season were awesome.  The actor who played the younger Commodore had a younger Dabney Coleman's tone and voice inflections down to a 't.'

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 10:45:29 PM »
What a coincidence, I have 3 episodes left of season 5 and have been thinking about starting a thread once I finish by the weekend.

I will join the discussion in a few days.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 07:36:54 AM »
I loved the show, looking forward to Vinyl starting soon, with the actor who played Gyp Rosetti as the main star (easily my favorite villain in Boardwalk Empire) and also created by Terrance Winter and has Scorsese involved too.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 09:45:49 AM »
Great show from HBO that I think got overlooked a little bit just due to expectations since it was coming from someone who worked on the Sopranos and had Scorsese involved.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 10:03:53 AM »
I watched the first two seasons, and loved them.

When season 3 started, I didn't catch it, and kept telling myself I would get to it.

I never got to it.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 10:09:35 AM »
I watched the first two seasons, and loved them.

When season 3 started, I didn't catch it, and kept telling myself I would get to it.

I never got to it.

The middle seasons were the worst IMO, I started losing interest as well, but I enjoy the last couple seasons so sticking through with it paid off for me.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 10:31:26 AM »
Season 3 is worth it just for Gyp Rosetti.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 07:52:58 AM »
This is on our to do list as are several other HBO shows.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 01:07:18 PM »
Finished it moments ago! Wow, what a finale. Those final few moments were incredibly powerful. Also, the moment between Capone and his son was really touhing as well.

Season 1 was awesome. Season 2 was mostly awesome, but I was getting worried by the end when they started to make Margret annoying because she was my favorite character through seasons 1 and 2. Season 3 had good stuff in it, and ended on a strong note, but is easily my least favorite season. My binge grinded to a halt at that point because I just wasn't enjoying the show. Season 4 was really good, and season 5 has been great through and through.

Still, season 1 probably remains my favorite.