Author Topic: Old CD's for sale!  (Read 893 times)

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
Old CD's for sale!
« on: February 02, 2016, 03:13:26 AM »
So I've given this some thought, and went through my dad's old CD's. There was a ton to go through, but in the end I'm the only one in the family who comes close to his tastes, my brother listens to hardcore/metalcore/djent/melodeath etc. and my mother doesn't really go out of her way to listen to music, but the only reason she enjoys some good old AC/DC, Metallica or Iron Maiden is because it reminds her of my dad, sure she probably went to a Judas Priest concert with my dad once, but I don't think she remembers a single song of them.

Well, I can't say I'm one to enjoy Def Leppard, Judas Priest, Quiet Riot, etc. But there was plenty of stuff I decided to keep because it might be fun to return to some time. I was just recently cleaning out the house and since I'm finally starting to create my own CD collection I thought it was time to clean out my dad's.

Here's everything I decided on giving away, the ones between brackets I'm still unsure about so are currently not for sale but might be when I've given them another try. I should say that I originally wanted to give them away to the CD store for free for their second-hand section, but since I assume some of you live far away, what I hoped to achieve is give you guys a quick check before I end up giving them away. I haven't decided on a price yet, but I'm hoping to cover shipping costs with it at most, not trying to make profit out of this.

AC/DC - Let There Be Rock
Accept - Death Row
Accept - Objection Overruled
Accept - Russian Roulette
Alice Cooper - Raise Your Fist and Yell
Anthrax - Attack of the Killer B's
Biohazard - Urban Discipline
(Blind Guardian - Follow the Blind)
Celtic Frost - Cold Lake
Crimson Glory - Strange and Beautiful
Def Leppard - Adrenalize
Demolition Hammer - Epidemic of Violence
Dokken - Beast from the East
Exciter - Exciter (O.T.T.)
Fight - A Small Deadly Space
Halford - Live Insurrection
Halford - Resurrection
Judas Priest - Defenders of the Faith
Judas Priest - Painkiller
Judas Priest - Screaming for Vengeance
Judas Priest - Unleashed in the East
Kreator - Coma of Souls
Kreator - Out of the Dark
Morbid Angel - Gateways to Annihilation
Obituary - World Demise
(Overkill - Hello from the Gutter)
(Overkill - I Hear Black)
Ozzy Osbourne - Speak of the Devil
Quiet Riot - Metal Health
Sangre y Oro - Al Filo de la Cuchilla
Sepultura - Live in Milano
Sepultura - Under a Pale Grey Sky
(Soulfly - Special Limited Edition)
Venganza - Jaque Mate
Venganza - Contra el Final del Milenio

PM or post here if you're interested!
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Re: Old CD's for sale!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 10:21:36 PM »
I would just keep them if they're your dads collection. There might be a time when you may want to revisit some albums.

It's up to you though. I'm happy with the cds my dad did buy, also have a couple of his cassettes and a vhs of Queensryche live.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 12:40:38 AM »
I have given it lots of second thoughts, and this is just the portion of the CDs I could do without, still keeping a lot.

Actually I realized that my local CD store accepts old CDs for a small amount of money so that would be way easier. I didn't expect much of a response but I just wanted to throw this out there before they're gone for good.

But yeah in the end I think shipping and stuff would make it too much of a hassle, I'd like this thread to be closed if possible.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 08:59:48 AM »
if I found out my kid sold my CDs on me, I'd punch her in the face.

Metaphorically, of course. 

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 09:17:05 AM »
Taken way out of context, now it sounds like I'm selling someone's stuff behind their back  :lol

I need to clear this up. My dad passed away April 2009, we all charish one or two songs he used to play a lot, but overall, not our thing.  I'm merely taking the initiative of cleaning things up a bit every now and then, and if it means getting rid of some CD's, fine. I have everyone's permission to do so by the way.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 10:34:35 AM »
Well I would've liked to get this Judas Priest CDs but considering the shipping costs to Russia it's probably easier for both of us if you just bring them to the local record store.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Hanz Gruber

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 11:33:08 AM »
I'd be interested in the Judas Priest CDs. I live in the US.  How much would you want for them?  You can ship them all together via media mail pretty cheap.  Thanks for listing these.  I actually never had a Judas Priest CD and would like to check them out in my car (driving to work and back)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 11:53:59 AM »
^^^ If you've never had a Priest CD, and if Train of Naught is willing to part with them, take the "Defenders..." and "Screaming..." CDs Two of the best metal CDs ever put out. EVER.  The others aren't bad (Unleashed is live, with infamous overdubs by Halford) but those two I mentioned are world class.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 12:02:21 PM »
^^^ If you've never had a Priest CD, and if Train of Naught is willing to part with them, take the "Defenders..." and "Screaming..." CDs Two of the best metal CDs ever put out. EVER.  The others aren't bad (Unleashed is live, with infamous overdubs by Halford) but those two I mentioned are world class.
Hey, let's not go knocking Unleashed here. The band was on fire. Les Binks was Godlike. Rob was killing on that tour, making the overdubs largely insignificant. There are videos of those tours that are really something else.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2016, 12:13:59 PM »
Well, ToN, it all comes down to the shipping costs for me I guess. If these four Judas Priest CDs will cost 20€ or cheaper to ship, I'm in, if not, I'll pass.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Hanz Gruber

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2016, 12:14:49 PM »

Thanks. Never have heard a whole album.  I have heard songs here and there but for some reason I never properly checked out Judas Priest.  Figured this would be a good opportunity. 

Offline Hanz Gruber

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2016, 12:15:27 PM »
Well, ToN, it all comes down to the shipping costs for me I guess. If these four Judas Priest CDs will cost 20€ or cheaper to ship, I'm in, if not, I'll pass.

Yeah sorry.  You were first.  In case you don;t get them then I will check them out.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2016, 01:29:06 PM »
Check out Defenders and SFV fore sure!!

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2016, 04:01:01 PM »
I looked it up and shipping is roughly 25 euros (stamps included), sorry man, doesn't feel right to charge this much for 4 old CD's, guess it's easier to just drop this.

I'll pm a mod to close this thread, sorry guys.

Offline Hanz Gruber

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2016, 05:01:50 PM »
I looked it up and shipping is roughly 25 euros (stamps included), sorry man, doesn't feel right to charge this much for 4 old CD's, guess it's easier to just drop this.

I'll pm a mod to close this thread, sorry guys.

If you still want to sell the Judas Priest ones I live in the US and Media Mail shipping is cheap.