Author Topic: Iron Maiden Survivor 2016 - Results & Discussion v. We have a winner...  (Read 10913 times)

Offline Eldomm

• Metropolis chemist
Re: Iron Maiden Survivor 2016 - R&D v. Please answer my bonus track question
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2016, 05:21:36 AM »
I'll skip the bonus track survivor if there's one. Not familiar with any of them to be honest.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2016, 06:46:34 AM »
How about we do it as a bonus, unofficial survivor just for fun for the few actually interested? it's fun to discuss the bonus tracks among diehard fans but let's get real, in an actual survivor they will be eliminated anyway.

So I vote yes, but unofficially and for fun only.

I like this, I'd suggest doing it this way.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Mladen

« Reply #107 on: September 29, 2016, 11:17:54 AM »
That would be fun. I'd like it to be done after the official survivor is wrapped up. I don't know if 425's into doing it that way, though.  :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2016, 06:24:35 AM »
I'd be down for any sort of bonus track survivor.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2016, 04:12:48 PM »
How about we do it as a bonus, unofficial survivor just for fun for the few actually interested? it's fun to discuss the bonus tracks among diehard fans but let's get real, in an actual survivor they will be eliminated anyway.

So I vote yes, but unofficially and for fun only.

I like this, I'd suggest doing it this way.

Sounds good to me.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline 425

« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2016, 06:20:55 PM »
Seems like the general consensus is to do a separate bonus track survivor that doesn't connect to the main survivor. That sounds good to me. I'm going to start consolations now because I said I was going to and then like left DTF for several days.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline 425

Re: Iron Maiden Survivor 2016 - Results & Discussion
« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2017, 09:36:53 AM »
Consolations Round 21 Results:

The Number of the Beast - 5 votes - 31.3%
Aces High - 1 vote - 6.3%
Rainmaker - 4 votes - 25.0%
The Book of Souls - 6 votes - 37.5%

Ranking For Top Four (Total Consolations Votes Received):

The Number of the Beast - 12 votes
Aces High - 2 votes
The Evil That Men Do - 0 votes
Rainmaker - 10 votes

The Evil That Men Do is the consolations champion! Aces High, Rainmaker and The Number of the Beast will advance to finals along with it.

Results:
1. The Evil That Men Do
2. Aces High
3. Rainmaker
4. The Number of the Beast

5. The Book of Souls
6. Where Eagles Dare
7. The Legacy
8. Coming Home
9. Blood Brothers
10. For the Greater Good of God
11. When the Wild Wind Blows
12. Journeyman
13. The Wicker Man
14. Stranger in a Strange Land
15. The Red and the Black
16. Futureal
17. Transylvania
18. The Aftermath
19. Fortunes of War
20. Murders in the Rue Morgue
21. Run Silent Run Deep
22. Purgatory
23. Be Quick or Be Dead
24. Judas Be My Guide
25. Tailgunner

Three out of these four advancing songs are absolutely no surprise to me. They are genuine Maiden classics, among their most popular songs, from what are likely their three best-loved albums. Rainmaker is a bit of a shocker. I wasn't sure if we'd see anything from the reunion era make it out of consolations, but I figured if we did, it would probably be one of the epics, like The Legacy. Rainmaker just doesn't seem like the kind of song capable of making this sort of run, at first—but I guess it makes sense because I think virtually every Maiden fan likes it, while most of the reunion epics are loved by some and disliked by others.

Either way, we're about to start finals. I know this survivor has been longer than it originally seemed like it would be, thanks to a couple of long breaks taken by yours truly, and we still have a bit more to go because this will be a massive finals round, but I'm glad everyone participated in it and made it what I think has been a big success. Couldn't have done it without your patience and your votes.

I haven't forgotten about the small bonus tracks survivor. I'll run that at some point alongside finals, so if you're interested in those, keep an eye out for that.

Finals begins today...
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline 425

« Reply #112 on: June 29, 2017, 10:39:54 PM »
I already mentioned this in the most recent thread, but just so that everything is all in one place, I'll announce it here is well.

It is probably clear to most of you by now that I am no longer an active DTF participant. It is probably clear to all of you that I have been a derelict survivor host for probably at least six months now. When I first took this on, I expected to have the time to update rounds daily and I expected to finish it by December 2016. Circumstances changed, and neither of those turned out to be true. I probably should have made other arrangements for the survivor once I started having these scheduling problems, but I didn't. I'm sorry about any frustration this has caused.

I really want to see this survivor finished, but it is obvious that I do not have the time to do it. This morning, wolfking messaged me asking to take over the survivor, and I agreed. He is a reliable and active member who will definitely see this through, so I know this will be better off under his control. From now on, he is fully in charge of the survivor.

I hope to talk to many of you again, even though I am no longer very active on this site.

Thanks again for participating in our survivor, especially those who hung with it when my schedule made things difficult! Enjoy the rest of it!
And if spirit's a sign,

Online Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #113 on: June 30, 2017, 12:36:48 AM »
When life gets in the way you have to set priorities, but thanks for running it so far.

And thanks to wolfking for taking over.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #114 on: June 30, 2017, 06:32:11 AM »
I probably won't bother getting 425 to update the main thread, I'll just finish the finals and be done with it.  It will be good to see how these final results turn out.

I will start Monday my time, so about two days from now, and I will run perhaps a round a day, or if that's too quick a round every two days.  I would like to do a round a day though if possible, but if I'm going to miss people I'll extend.  Please post if you have an issue with daily rounds.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #115 on: June 30, 2017, 07:15:54 AM »
I'm fine with daily rounds, let's see what the other regulars think however.

And I know I'm way ahead on this and we're just now restarting the finals, but... out of all the possible spin-off survivors, such as live albums, I wanted to toss around the idea of an album covers survivor.

We could have a singles covers survivor (We all know The Trooper's would beat Dance of Death's anyway) and have the better voted covers compete along the 16 album covers (or more, if we sneak in live albums as well).
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #116 on: June 30, 2017, 07:37:21 AM »
I already mentioned this in the most recent thread, but just so that everything is all in one place, I'll announce it here is well.

It is probably clear to most of you by now that I am no longer an active DTF participant. It is probably clear to all of you that I have been a derelict survivor host for probably at least six months now. When I first took this on, I expected to have the time to update rounds daily and I expected to finish it by December 2016. Circumstances changed, and neither of those turned out to be true. I probably should have made other arrangements for the survivor once I started having these scheduling problems, but I didn't. I'm sorry about any frustration this has caused.

I really want to see this survivor finished, but it is obvious that I do not have the time to do it. This morning, wolfking messaged me asking to take over the survivor, and I agreed. He is a reliable and active member who will definitely see this through, so I know this will be better off under his control. From now on, he is fully in charge of the survivor.

I hope to talk to many of you again, even though I am no longer very active on this site.

Thanks again for participating in our survivor, especially those who hung with it when my schedule made things difficult! Enjoy the rest of it!

Thanks for running this.  Hope all is well with you. 

Offline Mladen

« Reply #117 on: June 30, 2017, 10:54:32 AM »
When life gets in the way you have to set priorities, but thanks for running it so far.

And thanks to wolfking for taking over.
This.

Offline ToT-147

• Living out this Utopian Dream
« Reply #118 on: June 30, 2017, 11:44:48 AM »
Yes, no issues at all 425; on the contrary, thanks for the neat job you did with this survivor the whole past year!..

And I'm fine too with a round every day.. Anyways, I guess you can start doing that at first and then, if necessary, change it to two days..

Ok, let's up the irons again!
UTÓPICA 'Symphonic Progressive Metal' band - First album's now out
iTunes goo.gl/z5kl9d Amazon goo.gl/bWTwMF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRKNqEH1rxo (Videoclip from Second album)

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #119 on: June 30, 2017, 01:36:37 PM »
a round a day sounds good!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #120 on: June 30, 2017, 03:45:21 PM »
Goodo, daily rounds it is.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #121 on: August 14, 2017, 02:54:31 PM »
So, it's all over! this is the top 15:

1. Hallowed Be Thy Name
2. Seventh Son of A Seventh Son
3. The Trooper
4. Powerslave
5. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
6. The Evil That Men Do
7. Aces High
8. Infinite Dreams
9. Paschendale
10. Dance of Death
11. Fear of the Dark
12. Ghost of the Navigator
13. Revelations
14. Afraid to Shoot Strangers
15. Rainmaker

Let's say Maiden honor us by performing this top 15 live, how would you organize the setlist? with so many epics it's unrealistic, but here's my try:

Aces High
Rainmaker
The Trooper
Revelations
Infinite Dreams
Dance of Death
The Evil That Men Do
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Powerslave
Paschendale
Seventh Son of A Seventh Son
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden (c'mon, this has to be in it anyway)
==========
Afraid to Shoot Strangers
Ghost of the Navigator
Hallowed Be Thy Name
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
« Reply #122 on: August 14, 2017, 03:03:44 PM »
I have just one question - where is Wasted Years? Why so low and even not in top 15... :'(

Offline ToT-147

• Living out this Utopian Dream
« Reply #123 on: August 14, 2017, 09:41:22 PM »
I guess I'd have multiple questions then.. :lol
UTÓPICA 'Symphonic Progressive Metal' band - First album's now out
iTunes goo.gl/z5kl9d Amazon goo.gl/bWTwMF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRKNqEH1rxo (Videoclip from Second album)

Offline 425

« Reply #124 on: August 15, 2017, 01:18:28 AM »
Oh, cool, glad to see this made it to the end! No surprise to see Hallowed winning it all and Seventh Son right up there, but I'm a little surprised that The Trooper made it all the way up to third! I know it's well-loved, but I didn't know it was quite that well-loved! I'm also a little surprised to see Powerslave beat Rime, but I guess it's hard to go wrong with those.

Obviously, my list would be rather different, given my love for the reunion era, but this is a pretty good list that aside.

I'll edit these final results into the first post. Thanks to Wolfking for taking this over for me and carrying it across the finish line!
And if spirit's a sign,