Alright, it's amazing this project is having so much feedback! But we need to post some guidelines.
1) The audio has to be professionally recorded. That means, there has to be some decent recording equipment involved (interfaces, microphones, DAW manipulation, etc.).
2) The video has to be recorded as well. If you have an amazing video camera feel free to use it, but don't worry if you're stuck with your iPhone camera (like me lols). Just try to make the video look the best it can (under good lightning conditions, good stabilisation, etc.).
3) You'll send all the files to me. I'll create a dropbox folder specifically for this project in which everyone involved will be able to post their material. I'll be in charge of putting it all together.
4) We need to decide the songs we're gonna record. There's been some really cool suggestions so far, but what would you think if I take all of these songs and put them in a poll? The poll shouldn't last more than a week to make this faster, so I require your cooperation to make it quick. Once we have 3 or 4 songs that we're all okay with, we start recording!
5) Please, record yourselves with the original track as a guideline. We're playing the songs in their album tempo. and that makes the most sense.
Once again, I'm open to any suggestions! And thank you for the interest! The response has been awesome so far by you guys. Let's make of this something amazing.