22 (14%)
Machine Chatter
49 (31.2%)
Power Down
14 (8.9%)
None
19 (12.1%)

Total Members Voted: 153

Author Topic: Best NOMAC Track  (Read 9593 times)

Offline TheCountOfNYC

Re: Best NOMAC Track
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2017, 05:20:26 AM »
My answer hasn't changed since the album came out. Decent of the Nomacs is awesome. It sets the mood for the whole album and the way it goes from that to Dystopian Overture is fantastic.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2017, 11:26:56 AM »
March of the Machines.

Oh wait....  :biggrin:

Machine Chatter is my personal favorite but Power Down is close because after seeing TA live, Power Down was SO loud, and that was the best way to experience these tracks imo.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2017, 11:51:35 AM »
March of the Machines.

Machine Chatter is my personal favorite but Power Down is close because after seeing TA live, Power Down was SO loud, and that was the best way to experience these tracks imo.

Yeah it was. Those tracks were good bass heavy venue shaking interludes.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline nattmorker

« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2017, 05:32:19 PM »
March of the Machines.

Yeah it was. Those tracks were good bass heavy venue shaking interludes.

I remember that... it was awesome. Those tracks really came to life with the loudness of the PA. I remember really enjoying Descent of the NOMACS and Power down.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2017, 08:17:18 PM »
I love The Astonishing, but I have skipped over the NOMAC tracks EVERY time. I've NEVER heard a single one..once.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2017, 08:53:36 PM »
I love The Astonishing, but I have skipped over the NOMAC tracks EVERY time. I've NEVER heard a single one..once.

You love The Astonishing but you never even listened to them the first time? Why not?
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2017, 09:18:28 PM »
The extended ones they did on tour made them more worthwhile and maybe a bit more cool, for lack of a better word. On the album, it's just space for Jordan to go Weedly-Deedly and make random noises for 30 seconds and sadly on Disc 1, cut off the outro of A New Beginning. I would have gladly sacrificed bippity boppity boo from JR for 30 more seconds of that guitar solo and give that track a more definite ending rather than a fade out.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Stewie

• Evil Baby
  • Banned
  • Football for a head
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2017, 08:00:45 AM »
They're all just utter nonesense. Totally disrupt the flow of the album, compositionally. Don't add anything of value. I deleted them from my library, permanently. I always listen to the 29 actual songs in order, without the NOMAC tracks. Those tracks were a terrible idea, and are one of the few things that keep the album from being perfect.
Trapped inside this sit-com-va-ri-um!

Offline Evai

« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2017, 11:24:48 AM »
The first one establishes the presense of the Nomacs, the last one shows them going away. Seems pretty important, although the other one/s probably aren't needed
Jordan took Moore's boring, pedestrian parts and elevated them considerably to take them from barely palatable to stellar.

Offline Renzo

• Daryus
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2017, 01:20:49 PM »
The first one establishes the presense of the Nomacs, the last one shows them going away. Seems pretty important, although the other one/s probably aren't needed

IMHO:
Descent of the Nomacs: description of the dystopian empire and the Nomac is his symbol.
The Hovering Sojourn: the Nomacs are sent by the Emperor to Ravenskill as a further threat.
Digital Discord: as creepy as it is, it sorts of describe Daryus' "offer that you can't refuse" to Arhys.
Machine Chatter: the Nomacs communicate with each other about Arhys' death. (someone has already mentioned this somewhere)
Power Down: the fall of the Nomacs and the rise of a new world.