Author Topic: F is for Family  (Read 3274 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
F is for Family
« on: January 22, 2016, 06:05:31 AM »
Anyone watching this new cartoon on Netflix?

Offline ozzy554

Re: F is for Family
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 11:30:56 AM »
Not yet but as a fan of Bill Burr it is certainly on my watchlist.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 12:10:42 PM »
Watched through the whole thing a while ago and I plan on revisiting it at some point.

It was a pretty good little series. Won't spoil anything for those that haven't seen it, but there's a pretty good opening for a second season should they choose to make one, and do I sure hope they do.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 02:17:36 PM »
I just watched it and I enjoyed it. It wasn't the funniest thing I've seen but I would watch a season 2 for sure.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 02:52:59 PM »
Not yet but as a fan of Bill Burr it is certainly on my watchlist.

Exactly this except change 'fan' to 'massive fan'. I love that dude's comedy so much. Been on my watch list for a bit but I'm running out of shows so I'll have to check it out soon.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2020, 10:44:29 AM »
Been catching up on season 4, this is probably the funniest season yet. The kids are hilarious so far.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2020, 10:54:23 AM »
Completely forgot I made this thread. I've brought this show up a few times in the Stuff On Netflix thread. I'm still loving this show. I'm all caught up and have watched the fourth season twice now. What episode are you on?

Offline faizoff

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2020, 11:09:37 AM »
I have two more episodes left for the season. I think the episode with the Lamaze class might be my favorite so far.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline faizoff

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2020, 07:15:19 PM »
Just finished it, great season definitely my favorite one so far.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2020, 10:14:15 PM »
Why is there a person and a half fucking on the hood of my car!    :rollin

I got most of the way through the second season before tuning out. It's kind of like Family Guy for me. The lulz are few and far between, but when they pop up they're absolutely riotous. The Christmas episode to wrap up S1 was superb from beginning to end. Mostly I'm just not all that interested in any of them, though. Except for the blond neighbor dude. Growing up there was a guy just like him 3 houses down, only without so much public dong.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2020, 05:44:00 AM »
Tried watching this but can't believe how unfunny it is which is a big shame considering I think Bill Burr might be the funniest comedian alive today.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline faizoff

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2020, 06:47:46 AM »
I think that's why I enjoy the show, it's not funny throughout. It just has a bunch of gags here and there. Oddly enough I like the glimpse of life in the 70s and the over the top melodrama. I definitely prefer this show to Big Mouth.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2020, 11:17:56 AM »
I think that's why I enjoy the show, it's not funny throughout. It just has a bunch of gags here and there. Oddly enough I like the glimpse of life in the 70s and the over the top melodrama. I definitely prefer this show to Big Mouth.
Big Mouth is another one I tuned out midway through. It's not that I dislike either of them. They're both funny in their own ways. They're just not shows I feel like investing in. Big Mouth also has really strange animation working against it. The subject matter doesn't bother me, but the kids just look weird and creepy.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline faizoff

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2021, 08:27:11 PM »
Final season was released last week. Overall great fun way to end the series. Nothing spectacular but ended in a typical F is for Family style. Definitely a fun season and show overall.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2021, 07:28:50 AM »
Why is there a person and a half fucking on the hood of my car!    :rollin

I got most of the way through the second season before tuning out. It's kind of like Family Guy for me. The lulz are few and far between, but when they pop up they're absolutely riotous. The Christmas episode to wrap up S1 was superb from beginning to end. Mostly I'm just not all that interested in any of them, though. Except for the blond neighbor dude. Growing up there was a guy just like him 3 houses down, only without so much public dong.

Which you don't hear all that often!  :) :) :)

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2021, 08:02:48 AM »
I tried starting the final season over the weekend, but I was too distracted. Hoping to get to it soon!