Author Topic: Kamelot Survivor - Results and Discussion  (Read 3830 times)

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Kamelot Survivor - Results and Discussion
« on: January 14, 2016, 11:35:47 AM »

Welcome, fellow power metal fans and the frequenters of Polls / Survivors sub-forum! We did a Sonata Arctica Survivor back in 2014, we voted the hell out of Nightwish Survivor in 2015, and I hope we're ready to do it again in 2016, this time with Kamelot, one of the most well-known power metal bands these days!

Kamelot's studio output can be more or less divided in three parts: the first three albums for which mostly no one cares for, their most famous Roy Khan period from The Fourth Legacy to Poetry for the Poisoned - I know that Khan also sang on Siege Perilous, but I think he co-wrote only one song there or something like that - and the most recent period with Tommy Karevik, currently consisting of two albums. Most people love Kamelot for their stellar album run with Khan, but I know for sure there are also a lot of DTFers who do immensely enjoy either Silverthorn or Haven or both, so I think we're good and the amount of voters won't drop off during the Survivor.

Kamelot's first released album saw the light in 1995, and while it's still kind of difficult to comprehend for me, I think they can be counted as veterans of power metal scene already, seeing how they're doing it for more than twenty years now, and still going strong too.

Anyway, these are the rules of this Survivor:
  • Everyone is free to use whatever voting strategy you prefer. You can vote your least favourite song, you can team up with people to eliminate any song, you can vote anything just to make sure your favourite survives, any strategy. The only thing I ask of you is not to troll with ridiculous votes just for the sake of it.
  • The results of the poll won't be visible until you make a vote. The results of the poll in the Final Round of the whole Survivor won't be visible until the poll is closed. I also ask you not to copy the results in the thread directly.
  • The first three Kamelot albums - Eternity, Dominion and Siege Perilous won't be included in the actual Survivor. The Survivor will start off from The Fourth Legacy.
  • Two last standing songs from each album will be promoted to the Finals, and two songs next to those will be promoted to the Consolations.
  • Four last standing songs in Consolations will be promoted to Finals. Therefore, the Finals will feature 20 Kamelot songs.
  • Each Album Survivor round will last two days with one album running at a time.
  • Each Consolations round will last one day.
  • Each Finals round will last two days with the exception of Grand Final - this one will last three days.
  • There will be some side-off Polls and Survivors hosted along with the main competition to keep the posters occupied.
  • There will be a tiebreaker for every tie occuring.
  • The ties in the tiebreakers will be decided by counting the total votes each song received in the Survivor it's competing now.
  • The bonus tracks from each album will be featured in their respective Album Survivor. See the second post in this thread for reference.
  • Interludes from Epica and The Black Halo will be included as the separate tracks.

So far that's about it, folks! I hope to see you all participating and voting in all the Kamelot-related Polls and Survivors for this whole year!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 10:15:30 AM by Evermind »
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Results

Finals

1. Memento Mori
2. Elizabeth
3. Center of the Universe
4. Forever
5. Nights of Arabia
6. Sacrimony (Angel of Afterlife)
7. March of Mephisto
8. III Ways of Epica
9. The Fourth Legacy
10. The Haunting (Somewhere in Time)
11. Veritas
12. Soul Society
13. Descent of the Archangel
14. Liar Liar (Wasteland Monarchy)
15. Fallen Star
16. Lunar Sanctum
17. Season's End
18. Hunter's Season
19. The Great Pandemonium
20. The Human Stain

Consolations

1. The Haunting (Somewhere in Time)
2. The Fourth Legacy
3. March of Mephisto
4. III Ways to Epica

5. A Sailorman's Hymn
6. Karma
7. A Feast for the Vain
8. Temples of Gold
9. Citizen Zero
10. My Therapy
11. Ghost Opera
12. Song for Jolee
13. Poetry for the Poisoned
14. Falling Like a Fahrenheit
15. The Pendulous Fall
16. House on a Hill

The Fourth Legacy (1999)

1. Nights of Arabia
2. Lunar Sanctum

3. The Fourth Legacy
4. A Sailorman's Hymn

5. Silent Goddess
6. The Inquisitor
7. Until Kindgom Come
8. Glory
9. The Shadow of Uther
10. Alexandria
11. New Allegiance
12. Desert Reign

Karma (2001)

1. Elizabeth
2. Forever

3. Karma
4. Temples of Gold

5. Wings of Despair
6. The Spell
7. The Light I Shine On You
8. Across the Highlands
9. Don't You Cry
10. Once and Future King
11. Regalis Apertura

Epica (2003)

1. Center of the Universe
2. Descent of the Archangel

3. III Ways to Epica
4. A Feast for the Vain

5. Lost & Damned
6. The Edge of Paradise
7. On the Coldest Winter Night
8. Farewell
9. The Mourning After
10. Wander
11. Snow
12. Like the Shadows
13. Helena's Theme
14. Interlude I: Opiate Soul
15. Interlude III: At The Banquet
16. Interlude II: Omen
17. Interlude IV: Dawn
18. Prologue

The Black Halo (2005)

1. Memento Mori
2. Soul Society

3. The Haunting (Somewhere in Time)
4. March of Mephisto

5. Abandoned
6. Moonlight
7. When the Lights Are Down
8. The Black Halo
9. Serenade
10. Nothing Ever Dies
11. This Pain
12. Epilogue
13. Interlude I: Dei Gratia
14. Interlude II: Un Assassinio Molto Silenzioso
15. Interlude III: Midnight – Twelve Tolls For A New Day

Ghost Opera (2007)

1. The Human Stain
2. Season's End

3. Ghost Opera
4. The Pendulous Fall

5. EdenEcho
6. Rule the World
7. Love You to Death
8. Mourning Star
9. Anthem
10. Up Through the Ashes
11. Silence of the Darkness
12. Blücher
13. Solitaire

Poetry for the Poisoned (2010)

1. The Great Pandemonium
2. Hunter's Season

3. Poetry for the Poisoned
4. House on a Hill

5. If Tomorrow Came
6. Seal of Woven Years
7. The Zodiac
8. Necropolis
8. Once Upon a Time
10. My Train of Thoughts
11. Thespian Drama
12. Dear Editor

Silverthorn (2012)

1. Sacrimony (Angel of Afterlife)
2. Veritas

3. Falling Like a Fahrenheit
4. Song for Jolee

5. Solitaire
6. My Confession
7. Prodigal Son
8. Torn
9. Silverthorn
10. Ashes to Ashes
11. Manus Dei
12. Leaving Too Soon
13. Kismet
14. Grace
15. Continuum

Haven (2015)

1. Liar Liar (Wasteland Monarchy)
2. Fallen Star

3. Citizen Zero
4. My Therapy

5. Insomnia
6. Veil of Elysium
7. Under Grey Skies
8. End of Innocence
9. Revolution
10. Here's to the Fall
11. Beautiful Apocalypse
12. The Ties that Bind
13. At First Light
14. Haven
15. Ecclesia
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 04:35:01 AM by Evermind »

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Alright, and here are my thoughts about the questions I asked in the first post.

1. Do you think the first three studio Kamelot albums - Eternity, Dominion and Siege Perilous - should be included in the Survivor?

No, let's start right off with The Fourth Legacy

2. How many songs from each album should be promoted the Consolations?

I don't want to bloat Consolations much. In my opinion, it didn't quite worked in Sonata Arctica and Nightwish Survivors, so I'd like to have one song promoted. But I'm also aiming for 20 songs in the Finals, and since I'd like to omit the first three albums, we'll have 16 songs in Finals from 8 albums, It seems extreme to promote four songs from Consolations to Finals with only 8 songs in it. My suggestion is that we fire up a poll about a fan-favourite Kamelot album (preferably in the main Kamelot thread, actually); two albums that'll receive the most votes in a week will be allowed another spot in Consolations, making it 10 songs there in total. I think some albums like The Black Halo could definitely use this another spot.

3. What is your preferred length of each round?

Two days with two Album Survivors running at the same time

4. How do you prefer to break the ties if they occur in a tiebreaker?

I'm leaning either towards votes count (though I don't think it's too fair, since the amount of voters ranges from round to round) or me holding my vote in tiebreakers (though it might create some kind of disbalance if I will vote in main rounds and skip voting in tiebreakers, meaning my favourite song can perish). I don't know.

5. Should the bonus tracks from each album be included in the Survivor?

No, screw the bonus tracks

6. What should be done with Interlude tracks on Epica and The Black Halo?

Omit them. Who cares?

If some of you guys is too lazy to answer, I guess you can just answer the fourth question and agree with me on all the other points. But I'm curious and I really do want to see your thoughts about all this.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Pumped for this one. Love me some Kamelot.

1. Do you think the first three studio Kamelot albums - Eternity, Dominion and Siege Perilous - should be included in the Survivor?

No, let's start right off with The Fourth Legacy

Two

Two days with two Album Survivors running at the same time

Count the amount of votes each song received in the relevant Survivor, eliminate the song with most votes
    Have the host to hold his vote in tiebreakers so he can break the tie if needed

No, screw the bonus tracks

6. (I've ran out of good questions but I wanted to have one more) What should be done with Interlude tracks on Epica and The Black Halo?

Include them as separate tracks (I was always curious which Interlude is most popular on DTF)

Offline 425

I may participate in this... I only have a few albums so far, though. I have Karma-The Black Halo and Haven, and I'm not sure I'm familiar enough with Karma yet to do a survivor for it. If Evermind is alright with it, though, I do want to participate on the other three that I have and maybe something like Silverthorn if I get it by the time its survivor happens.

I mean I don't have these, so do what you want.

Either two, or the thing that you, Evermind, proposed about choosing additional songs from a fan favorite album.

Definitely two days. I don't much care whether two albums run simultaneously, except that a slower survivor gives me more time to get into additional albums. But I don't want to be a nuisance, so my opinion here shouldn't matter.

Total votes. It's the most fair way to handle it, especially since the songs have already been shown to have equal esteem in a head-to-head vote.

6. What should be done with Interlude tracks on Epica and The Black Halo?

Include them, if only because Dei Gratia is awesome.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Participating, thanks for setting this up, my opinions:

1. Start with 4th Legacy, I've never really given the first three albums a shot mostly because I listened and did not like and did not return.  If you proceed, that's cool, but I won't participate since I don't know those songs well (and don't plan on starting to learn them)

2. I'm cool with 2, don't really care either way

3. I dont care if its one or two days, I would prefer not to do two albums at once and I would also prefer not do start a round during the weekend, just personal preference there.

4. No opinion here, I'm fine with an outside vote or total votes.

5. Seperate survivor, Kamelot has some good b-sides, but if included in the albums thats fine too although they aren't likely to win.

6.  No point in including them IMO, they will be out quicker than the bonus tracks.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Following.  Will read/reply later
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline MirrorMask

1. Yes, include all the studio albums
2. Ehm... what is the Consolations?
3. Two days with two Album Survivors running at the same time
4. Count the amount of votes each song received in the relevant Survivor, eliminate the song with most votes
5. Yes, include them in the respective Album Survivors (So that I can vote for Season's End for example)
6. Include them as separate tracks
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
See, the Consolations is like a second chance for some of the songs. I mean, the two decided best songs are promoted to the Finals, and the runner-ups to these two songs (the amount is still to be determined) are going into a special bracket called Consolations, where they will compete for a few remaining spots in the Finals.

Let's say the third and fourth songs from each album will be promoted to Consolations, so we'll have 22 songs there. Then we'll vote out our least favourite songs from this batch, one by one, until we have, say, four songs remaining. These four songs will join the Finals too.

The numbers are still speculative at this point. I'll wait for more possible replies and will post the full outline next Thursday / Friday.

Edit: Oh, and be aware that we vote for the least favourite track. So if you want Season's End included, you probably don't want to vote for it. ;)

Offline MirrorMask

Thanks! well, if two songs make it to the finals, then one should going into the Consolations... two and two is too equal and makes less special the direct slots for the finals.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Kamelot Survivor - Results and Discussion - Questions for the Participants
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2016, 10:39:04 AM »
My preferences

Other (specify) Well, I don't have these albums, so I'll abstain from voting.  If you do include them, I'll be winging it with a one-time listen (assuming those albums are on Spotify).

Two

One day

Count the amount of votes each song received in the relevant Survivor, eliminate the song with most votes

Yes, include them in the respective Album Survivors

6. (I've ran out of good questions but I wanted to have one more) What should be done with Interlude tracks on Epica and The Black Halo?
Merge them with the tracks following them on the respective album
OR
Omit them. Who cares?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2016, 10:54:15 AM »
I'll give this two more days and then we'll be good to go. We've got five people who answered the survey (not including me), and that's quite alright since there will be more voters anyway, and I've more or less got a picture from your answers, so I'm ready to make a decision and start the whole thing. But, well, I want to give everyone a chance to participate in this survey and maybe convince me on some points, you know.

A tentative start for this survivor is Tuesday evening.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2016, 04:13:27 AM »

Absolutely.  I don't understand why you wouldn't include them, they are Kamelot albums, and The Fourth Legacy isn't their first album.

One, but I could live with two.

Probably two with one album running at a time.  One would be fine too though.

No real preference.

Either way is fine.  Either with the album or run a seperate bonus track round.

Don't bother with them.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2016, 05:02:01 AM »
Kade, in regards to your first answer - because I think there won't be enough voters for these albums as a lot of people I know are unfamiliar with them. This was one of my reasons to create this survey, to see how many people will be voting if we include the first three albums.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2016, 05:32:41 AM »
I don't really have a saying in this, as the only album I can even consider to participate in is The Black Halo, if I'm familiar enough with it by the time it starts. But what I did with by far the most unpopular Avenged Sevenfold album is run it simultaneously with another album, you're not taking up extra time, so you're not holding up the people who aren't voting for these albums either.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2016, 11:03:23 AM »
Alright, the survey is closed. I've read all your answers and considered them carefully. Still, since the answers were so divisive, I know I can't please everyone. I don't want to sound arrogant or anything, but if for some reason you dislike the way I decided to run it, you're free to complain and in the end, you can even abandon this thing and not vote at all. That said, I tried to count all the votes and, while of course there is also my personal interest, I tried to find a solution that will make everyone happy. Here's how we're going to roll with it:

1. The first three Kamelot albums - Eternity, Dominion and Siege Perilous won't be included in the actual survivor.

Only two people are in favour of including these, and while I guess the actual amount of voters can be higher, I highly doubt it because these albums aren't that well-known. Kade and MirrorMask, I'm sorry, and while I see your points those are still Kamelot albums, they would make for a very dull survivor with only a few votes each round and should the tracks from these records make the Finals, I don't think they will last long. But despite they're not being included in the actual survivor, we may still do the voting part. Read the #3.

2. Two songs from each album will make the Consolations.

I mean, most people voted for two, and making an additional poll about fan-favourite albums is too much of a pain in the ass. I was tempted to make it one and add an additional slot for Karma, Epica, The Black Halo and Silverthorn, but I know Kade doesn't like Karevik-era albums, Chad prefers Haven, so yeah, two Consolations slots for everyone.

3. The rounds will last two day with one album running at a time.

You know, this was the question I thought about a lot, and in the end I decided to run this old-fashioned way. I may not be able to create the threads each and every day regularly, I want this survivor to cover a whole year, and we can do some other neat things in the meantime so we won't get bored. Some people here wanted the survivors for the first three Kamelot albums - we can do them on the odd days between the actual rounds - and maybe some people will check those albums out too and join us; we can do a Kamelot Album League similar to what DoC runs with DT and what I did with Nightwish Survivor, we can also make some obscure small survivors like your favourite Kamelot ballad or your favourite Kamelot album cover art or whatever.

With eight main albums to run through, I roughly predict we'll take more or less a month to deal with each album, and I'm adding half a month just to cover all the tiebreakers and whatnot, so make it eight and a half months maximum from now (middle of October), we'll enter Consolations. Now, since we will have a lot of songs in Consolations, the Consolations rounds will last one day; then we'll make it to the Finals in the middle of November at worst and with luck we'll end this right before Christmas, just as we did with Nightwish Survivor.

I know some of you wanted this to be more active, but I also know most of you preferred two-days-long rounds and I can't guarantee I will be there every day to get the regular threads up with my schedule.

4. The ties in the tiebreakers will be decided by counting the total votes each song received in the Survivor it's competing now.

Pretty much everyone voted for that.

5. The bonus tracks will be featured in their respective Album Survivor.

I'll add the album track lists in a couple of minutes to the second post. If I missed any bonus track, you can correct me and I'll add what I missed.

6. Interludes from Epica and The Black Halo will be included as the separate tracks.

I expected everyone to say we should screw it, but we got three people who wanted to have them as a separate tracks, so, well, we will find out which interlude is a fan-favourite. :lol

I'll add this information in the first post.

The Fourth Legacy Survivor will start tomorrow. Get ready to vote and maybe listen to it to refresh some songs in your memory!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 11:08:40 AM by Evermind »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Kamelot Survivor - Results and Discussion - Survey Closed
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2016, 11:12:59 AM »
Thanks for the update, good stuff, no complaints here. 

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2016, 11:30:39 AM »
Very thorough. I like that.

Alright, the survey is closed. I've read all your answers and considered them carefully. Still, since the answers were so divisive, I know I can't please everyone. I don't want to sound arrogant or anything, but if for some reason you dislike the way I decided to run it, you're free to complain and in the end, you can even abandon this thing and not vote at all. That said, I tried to count all the votes and, while of course there is also my personal interest, I tried to find a solution that will make everyone happy. Here's how we're going to roll with it:

I see what you did there.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2016, 11:53:33 AM »
I see what you did there.

:lol

I also have those two particular question I forgot to ask in the main survey:

1. What do you guys think about Elizabeth and Poetry for the Poisoned song parts? They're listed as the separate tracks on Kamelot website and on the CDs too (at least my copy of Poetry says "10-13" in the number of tracks), but I tend to think of both tracks as one song. Much as they did with the Progidal Son, splitting it in three movements but making it one song. So, do you think we should separate both Elizabeth and PotP tracks or make them one song each?

2. I'm absolutely not familiar with Can You Remember, the bonus live track on The Fourth Legacy. Didn't even know it exists. Is it some kind of cover, is it a Kamelot song from the previous albums or is it some new track recorded live for some reason? I'm not sure if I should include it (but if there's no answer until tomorrow evening I will include it, it's on YouTube and it's actually quite a nice song, I liked it).

And please check out the second post and feel free to correct me if I've got any of the bonus tracks wrong.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2016, 11:56:38 AM »
Apparently I need to find those Haven bonus tracks

1. I'd chose separate, that is how they are on the CD and I know for me, some of those tracks are better than others even if they are part of the same song.

2. Not familiar with that song either.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Kamelot Survivor - Results and Discussion - Starting at Thursday
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2016, 12:13:52 PM »
1. I consider both of those songs to be 1 song regardless of being split up into tracks, much like I consider Six Degrees to be one song. They obviously tell the same story and flow from one to another. So I would vote for them being counted as 1.  In fact, having Elizabeth split up would really lessen this experience for me.

2. Nope

Offline CDrice

• I do art stuff
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2016, 12:21:05 PM »
1. I consider both of those songs to be 1 song regardless of being split up into tracks, much like I consider Six Degrees to be one song. They obviously tell the same story and flow from one to another. So I would vote for them being counted as 1.

I agree with this.

As for number 2, I'm not really familiar with any of the bonus tracks (I've only heard ''Snow'' and ''Once and Future King'' a few times) so I can't help you with this one  :lol

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2016, 10:10:47 AM »
Alright, so we'll play it this way then:

• Both Elizabeth and Poetry for the Poisoned will be participating as a full tracks instead of separate parts.
  • I won't include Can You Remember in The Fourth Legacy Survivor.

And, speaking of that, The Fourth Legacy Survivor has officially started! Vote away and I hope you all will have fun participating!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2016, 10:12:28 AM »
1. I consider both of those songs to be 1 song regardless of being split up into tracks, much like I consider Six Degrees to be one song. They obviously tell the same story and flow from one to another. So I would vote for them being counted as 1.  In fact, having Elizabeth split up would really lessen this experience for me.

Not if you ask me.  Poetry has very little flow between tracks and is a reason why I don't like it much, although So Long is probably my favorite track on the album.

Elizabeth flows much better so I can understand that.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Kamelot Survivor - Results and Discussion
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2016, 08:04:57 AM »
A sort of announcement:

We'll start the Eternity Survivor in a few days, Tuesday evening to be exact (in ~48 hours from now on). As DoC suggested, if we get enough number of constant participants - three people to write in the thread what they've voted for not counting me on a constant basis - this album will be included in the main Survivor and its tracks will be promoted to Consolations and Finals. If we won't get those three posts, the Survivor will be running as a side-off thing, without any influence on the main Survivor.

If you want to participate, I'd suggest you take these two days to get more or less familiar with Eternity.

Obviously, don't forget to vote in The Fourth Legacy Survivor.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2016, 11:38:26 AM »
The Fourth Legacy Survivor results (also added in the second post):

1. Nights of Arabia
2. Lunar Sanctum

3. The Fourth Legacy
4. A Sailorman's Hymn

5. Silent Goddess
6. The Inquisitor
7. Until Kindgom Come
8. Glory
9. The Shadow of Uther
10. Alexandria
11. New Allegiance
12. Desert Reign

Nights of Arabia and Lunar Sanctum will await their numerous opponents in the Finals, while The Fourth Legacy and A Sailorman's Hymn will fight in Consolations.

There will be a small break due to the weekend - I probably won't be at home so I won't be able to create threads - but I think we'll be able to start Karma Survivor at Tuesday at the latest. Discuss, and see you there!

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2016, 12:25:52 PM »
Biggest WTF at Lunar Sanctum, second WTF at Silent Goddess so high. The rest more or less was expected, I just didn't think so little people cared for The Shadow of Uther.

All in all this is an amazing album; Kamelot started to find their style with Siege Perilous, crafted it with The Fourth Legacy, perfected it with Karma and peaked with Epica. Every album after that was to me a little inferior to the previous one, with Haven returning to their former glory. A pity The Fourth Legacy is basically now forgotten in Kamelot's setlists!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2016, 12:29:40 PM »
It is a pity, worst part about Kamelot is their setlists, no rotations, same old same old.

Seen them 4 times in the last few years yet hardly any changes in the setlists.  I'd love to see some older songs get played.

I would say the progression for my started with the 4th Legacy and then peaked at The Black Halo.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2016, 12:32:45 PM »
The thing that annoys me most about Kamelot is the fact that they have two different songs with identical titles. What the fuck is up with that?
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2016, 11:50:50 AM »
The thing that annoys me most about Kamelot is the fact that they have two different songs with identical titles. What the fuck is up with that?

Oh, I missed this one and yeah, I have no idea why they did it.

So, with Dominion Spin-off Survivor finished and Karma Survivor in its final round, we're getting ready to move on to Epica Survivor in our main competition and Siege Perilous Survivor in our series of side survivors of the band's less popular albums. Do some relistens if you need - Epica and The Black Halo are the albums where I hope we'll get more votes than usual. Just a reminder, the interludes will be included.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2016, 12:48:05 PM »
I have a hard time picking even the interludes, hehe!

The Siege Perilous survivor is also one I look forward to, there are so many lost gems on that one.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2016, 06:23:28 AM »
With Siege Perilous Spin-off Survivor finished (Where I Reign was the winner), and Epica Survivor getting to its final round today, everyone should go spin The Black Halo in the coming days - it will help you in case you forgot some songs, and even if you're super-familiar with the album it's always a good thing to listen to The Black Halo.

There will be no Spin-off Survivors during The Black Halo Survivor, we'll continue with them during the Ghost Opera Survivor and onward. I don't have a lot of ideas for those, though; I know I'd like to do an Album League like I did with Nightwish a year ago, and that's about it. I also thought about doing an album art survivor, but Kamelot album covers are very similar so I'm not sure this will have any success. :lol

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2016, 11:37:55 AM »
An album survivor (including the debut ones) would be nice!

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2016, 11:42:37 AM »
An album survivor (including the debut ones) would be nice!

Well, I think the League format suits the albums better (it's basically every album faces every album in each round). It's more consistent and all.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2016, 12:31:56 PM »
Just found out I forgot to add Karma Survivor Results to this thread. Well, here they are:

1. Elizabeth
2. Forever

3. Karma
4. Temples of Gold

5. Wings of Despair
6. The Spell
7. The Light I Shine On You
8. Across the Highlands
9. Don't You Cry
10. Once and Future King
11. Regalis Apertura

Elizabeth and Forever are moving on the Finals, while Karma and Temples of Gold will fight in Consolations.