Poll

Choose your winner!

Flyffy
Voltsters
homework
Pain of Naught
Elitist
Kevin Moore

Author Topic: Sacul's controversial roulette v2. UNNECESSARY EPILOGUE  (Read 79530 times)

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
Re: Sacul's controversial roulette v2. Vendetta! - ROUND 7 SNEAK-PEEKS!!!
« Reply #700 on: February 20, 2016, 10:09:13 AM »
Any of those except for the harsh vocal one could me mine
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #701 on: February 21, 2016, 12:40:15 PM »
the lowest score is probably me, as I'm one from the bottom.  I also have no idea what I sent.

oh wait I remember.  It's fucking awesome.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 01:10:24 PM by sneakyblueberry »

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #702 on: February 21, 2016, 01:11:01 PM »
That explains a lot then :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #703 on: February 21, 2016, 01:14:58 PM »
i've ordered one of the artist's albums between the time when i sent sacul a song and now. i actually didn't have one yet tho because the album i wanted most was "impossible to obtain" so i'd just been spinning it on youtube a lot  :lol

i also figure it's either a love it or hate it thing thus the low score is super likely

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #704 on: February 21, 2016, 01:16:47 PM »

Well, my song is what the fuck, it's beautiful, atmospheric, not as bad as I personally expected on first listen, it has parts without harsh vocals (meaning the entire song), and it's gorgeous. I wouldn't be too shocked if you gave it the lowest score in the roulette either, so I'm at a loss trying to guess if any of these is mine, hell, maybe they're all mine.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #705 on: February 21, 2016, 01:24:30 PM »
I can confirm the one about harsh vocals isn't yours :P

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #706 on: February 21, 2016, 01:37:22 PM »
could be mine i guess? i've gotta screw this up somehow, not totally comfortable with actually doing well in a roulette.

prepare yourself for tons of weird shitty songs, sacul.

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #707 on: February 21, 2016, 01:40:39 PM »
Well Three of those snippets say the track is beautifull or atmospheric, any of those could be mine, no clue which one though.
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #708 on: February 21, 2016, 01:40:53 PM »
is that thing someone said about longer entries allowed in round 10 true btw, i might switch out what i have planned if so :neverusethis:

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #709 on: February 21, 2016, 01:43:53 PM »
I'm not sure if giving this lame track a 2 or a 2.5, since it actually has some likeable parts, but overall is pretty bad. Oh wait, did I mention that snippet may apply to two different songs? :P

Yeah, I'll be allowing longer songs, but I have no clue as to which will be the new limit, if 15 or 18 mins.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #710 on: February 21, 2016, 01:46:44 PM »
whoa spoilers. my song has like literally 2 parts so i know it's not mine now, rip

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #711 on: February 21, 2016, 01:51:26 PM »
Oh wait, did I mention that snippet may apply to two different songs? :P
You didn't. But then again, you probably didn't mention it because it's impossible for two songs to both be the worst of the roulette at the same time.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #712 on: February 21, 2016, 01:53:35 PM »
Like the cat that is dead and alive, both songs are the worst of the roulette so far until results are unveiled  :tup

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #713 on: February 21, 2016, 01:59:34 PM »
schrodinger's bad song

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #714 on: February 21, 2016, 02:24:50 PM »
Well Three of those snippets say the track is beautifull or atmospheric, any of those could be mine, no clue which one though.
There appear to be quite a few of us who those 3 descriptions could apply to though. I count 6 or 7 so far.

Oh, and I was reading about Schrodinger's cat like two days ago. I always thought he was making some airy-fairy philosophical point, but it was actually in the context of physics.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 02:30:46 PM by Fluffy Lothario »

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #715 on: February 21, 2016, 03:02:33 PM »
I'm not sure if giving this lame track a 2 or a 2.5, since it actually has some likeable parts, but overall is pretty bad.

well we already know that you're the king of lame opinions so why don't you slap a 2.0 on your buttcheeks, lame-o.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #716 on: February 21, 2016, 03:20:00 PM »
 :'(

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #717 on: February 22, 2016, 06:48:53 PM »
I don't know if I'll post results in a few hours or tomorrow, so in the meantime, some albums I've added to the list:

• Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
  • Blueneck - King Nine
  • Deftones - White Pony
  • Deftones - Koi no yokan
  • Depeche Mode - Violator
  • Depeche Mode - Songs of Faith and Devotion
  • GoGo Penguin - V2.0
  • Gorillaz - Demon Days
  • Matryoshka - Zatracenie
  • Mr Bungle - California
  • The Naked and Famous - Rolling Waves  (this was added as a reminder to check this album - band is banned)
  • The Strokes - Is this It
  • Tool - 10.000 Days
  • Tool - Aenima
  • Yoko Kanno and the Seatbelts - Cowboy Bebop (this was added as a reminder to check this album - band is banned)

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Sacul's controversial roulette v2. Vendetta! - ROUND 7 RESULTS WHEN?!?!?
« Reply #718 on: February 22, 2016, 07:16:31 PM »
well i guess i'm sending you a 7th album list song then bcuz i made this post
there's a song by an artist that i've never been a huge fan of, but this one song i love with all my heart
and it's a kind of mainstream artist but not really a mainstream song
and i haven't ever sent it in any roulettes but maybe i should
and i'm not posting it here because i want it to be a surprise but i am listening to it right now yes
yeah, ok

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #719 on: February 22, 2016, 07:25:27 PM »

• Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
  • Deftones - Koi no yokan

Guess I have to make a bigger list then.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #720 on: February 22, 2016, 07:38:20 PM »
i kind of hope i get into the finals now because i definitely have enough stuff to send an EP's worth

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #721 on: February 22, 2016, 08:29:24 PM »
Just try not to fuck up in the next rounds  :tup

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #722 on: February 22, 2016, 08:29:50 PM »
i promise not to get another 2 in the future

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #723 on: February 22, 2016, 08:40:55 PM »
 I'm probably gonna do awful this round, but then again you never know. I'm just glad I don't have to choose anything from the list again LOL
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #724 on: February 22, 2016, 09:46:18 PM »
:soon:

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #725 on: February 22, 2016, 09:51:32 PM »
soonman, the 9th robot master

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
Sacul's controversial roulette v2. Vendetta! - ROUND 7 RESULTS! SEND FOR R8!
« Reply #726 on: February 22, 2016, 11:05:48 PM »
Another pretty polarizing round - it has some of the best songs of the roulette, but also some of the worst.

(sneakyblueberry) SikTh - How May I Help You?
What the fuck is this? :lol

Eehh... this song is fucked up. I don't really like the vocalist, he ends up annoying me. I've got some friends who love this, but honestly, this ain't my cuppa tea. From time to time they manage to create some good sections but they are pretty short and only here and there, while the rest either bores or annoys me. I don't really like this track, and I'm feeling you might actually get the lowest score of the roulette. Sorry. +2/5

(Biskit) Intronaut - The Unlikely Event of a Water Landing
I like the atmosferic bits of the second half, but overall this is just bland. Lame growls, dissonant guitar work without taste... no. Dat bass tho. But this style really isn't my thing, like at all. And this track just drags, really. Maybe it makes more sense in the album context? Dunno, but I don't feel any compelled to check this band, sorry. 2.5/5

(Parama) Oranssi Pazuzu - Dub Kuolleen Porton Muistolle
The atmosphere here reminds me a bit of Sigh. I prefer the parts without harsh vocals by a long shot, for I'm not a fan of them doing calm moments. So... this track is ok overall. Is it bad my fav part of it is the bass? :lol

But really, despite being quite atmospheric... it doesn't do much for me. And I feel it drags. Meh. +2.5/5

(425) Don Henley - New York Minute
It's not as bad as I expected, because I expected it to fucking suck, and it just underwhelms me. While this track is from the 80s, it doesn't suffer that much of the lame production it was commonplace back in the day, and it confirms my theory that what I dislike most of this decade is the songwriting in general - I just don't connect with most of it at all. +2.5/5

(splent) The Beach Boys - God Only Knows
This sounds nice, but as with most 60s music, I don't really connect with it musically - I mean, I appreciate the creativity of these guys, making this kind of music with those unusual instruments, but just that. I guess I prefer modern pop :lol 3/5

(mikemangioy) Anthrax - Among the Living
I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that I'm not kvlt enough to appreciate this kind of music. Seems like a fairly typical 80s thrash song, and it does nothing to me. I added one of their later albums because I sampled a bit and liked how it sounded closer to nu/funk metal. This is just ok mate. 3/5

(Shadow Ninja 2.0) The Plot In You - Time Changes Everything
Although this has a bit of a particular style, and I definitely like the atmosphere, feels a bit generic on the vocal melodies tho, and that turns me off. Not a bad track, but far from a brilliant one. +3/5

(Evermind) October Falls - Marras I
This has some nice guitar melodies. Interesting inclusion of a flute. Reminds me of Ulver's second album, which is fully acoustic (you'd like it), and this certainly has those dark folk vibes. And... it's ok. One of those cases in which there's nothing wrong with the song, but nothing stands out. I'm not really a fan of "dry" atmospheres, for I prefer layered ones or with lots of reverb and delay. And this is the former. Nice song, but only just that. +3/5

(senecadawg2) A Winged Victory for the Sullen - Steep hills of vicodin tears
This is really beautiful, and I fucking love beautiful music. But I feel it's maybe too minimalist for my taste. The strings sound reminiscing of Stars of the Lid, but I prefer this song to most of them tbh. Good thing is that it's not too long, and reaches a splendid climax. Not the most creative song I've heard, but possibly one of the best on this very vein and style, which isn't saying much I guess. 3.5/5

(Tyrias) Arkasia - Angel
I'm not really into this genre because of how generic and passionless it sounds, but this is nice. Definitely the most passionate brostep I've heard, but that's not saying much :lol

Knowing he dedicated this song to her mother makes much sense, and gives this a sort of emotional punch. I'm not bothered by the narration btw. But what prevents me from enjoying this one more is the use of generic sounds - I'll never understand people who seemingly don't mind sounding like everybody else in their genre. Well, tastes I guess. You know from my championship entries and some of this roulette's top choices that I definitely love music with lots of feels, so that kinda saves this tune from oblivion. 3.5/5

(Fluffy Lothario) Bic Runga - Ruby Nights
I really like the atmosphere of this track, pretty chill - I love chill music, and this hits the right spots. Great voice, and good melodies. Although it's quite a simple piece, I quite like each sound here. Some people would need to be in the mood for this kind of stuff, and you're lucky I'm in that mood most of the time. Yup, I'm adding this album to the list. +4/5

(Bolsters) Mree - On Echo
This is something pretty unusual, and I love unusual stuff. Done right of course. And your entry is a good example of it. As you said, there's some orchestral stuff along with glitch and folk elements, but in a subtle way. I really like the atmosphere of this track and the gorgeous female vocals. Doesn't blow my mind, but it's pretty nice overall. +4/5

(Train of Naught) Lechuga - Entre 2 Mundos
I think this is easily your best song so far, why didn't you send this before? Pretty groovy and interesting track, I love the female vocals here, even if she's not singing lyrics, she more than delivers. Fantastic instrumentation, great riffs. Reminds me a little bit of LTE for the great flow and chemistry between these musicians. Also, dat sax. 4.5/5

(Elite) Euzen - The Stage
I don't know what genre is this or what the hell is going on, but I really like it. Those synths at the beginning are just epic and I love their sound. Simple instrumentation overall, but I really enjoy this. And she has a nice voice AND it's readhead. Yup I love this. 4.5/5

(home) Ludovico Einaudi - Divenire Live at Royal Albert Hall London
Only one word defines this song: gorgeous. I've gotta admit that since falling in love with Daisuke and Nils Frahm (I highly recommend you his album Spaces), I haven't explored much modern classical except Music for 18 Musicians which I find really dull, but Divenire makes me realize I reeaaaallyy need more music like this in my life. Beautiful track with tons of passion - I just can't get enough of good piano-based music.

Btw, I actually expected seneca to end up sending me this song :lol

My only complaint would be that this track is a little bit too long, like 30 secs or so. Other than that, it's fantastic. My favorite of the round, and among the best of the roulette. You're back on fire, mate. 4.5/5

Standings
+28.5 - Fluffy Lothario xxxxx
+28.5 - Elite xxxxx
27.5 - Bolsters xxxx
+27 - Shadow Ninja 2.0 xxxxx
+27 - home xxxxx
(26.5 - Symphony)
26 - Parama xxxxx
+25.5 - Evermind xxxxx
+25.5 - Train of Naught xxxx
+25 - Biskit xxxxx
+25 - senecadawg2 xxxxx
+25 - Tyrias xxxxx
25 - splent xxxxx
+24 - 425 xxxxx
+22 - Sneakyblueberry xxxxx
21.5 - mikemangioy xxxx

While the top 5 on its core is likely to keep being Fluffy-Elite-Bolsters, now the 4th and 5th spot aren't assured despite home's triumphant return, for Evermind and ToN could sneak if they send good stuff and Parama keeps fucking up. Sadly, the Biskit dropped quite low, and along with the rest, he doesn't have many chances to reach the finals now unless some miracles happen.

Send within 48 hs of this post's publication  :smiley:

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Sacul's controversial roulette v2. Vendetta! - ROUND 7 RESULTS! SEND FOR R8!
« Reply #727 on: February 22, 2016, 11:10:58 PM »
heck yeah

also i was gonna send you intronaut at some point, nice job taking that fall for me, BIZKIT  :tup

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Re: Sacul's controversial roulette v2. Vendetta! - ROUND 7 RESULTS! SEND FOR R8!
« Reply #728 on: February 22, 2016, 11:28:24 PM »
Sent world music.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #729 on: February 22, 2016, 11:37:06 PM »
i sent...

*checks rym*

...they're trip hop apparently? wat
it's more like alt rock tbh

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #730 on: February 22, 2016, 11:40:50 PM »
I'd argue they're closer to hip-hop from the little I've listened of them :P

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #731 on: February 22, 2016, 11:41:43 PM »
this song is def not hip-hop

Offline Tyrias

« Reply #732 on: February 23, 2016, 12:32:46 AM »
I think Arkasia actually sounds pretty different from other dubstep artists I've heard, which us why I like him. :lol Opinions, I guess.

A smalm story for my next submission: I once saw this band live in a 500-capacity venue, and there were not even a hundred people there (probably closer to 50). It felt really weird at first, but combined with their music it made for one of the creepiest and most memorable concert experiences I've ever had.
I really like this song I'm sending, but given my previous track record, I'll probably get a 3 or so.

Offline 425

« Reply #733 on: February 23, 2016, 12:33:11 AM »
Charging rapidly toward last place... :lol

Noted about the 80s. Figured I'm not winning anyway, so it was worth a try, since I really like that song. Sent something from 2015. ;D
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #734 on: February 23, 2016, 01:08:41 AM »
(sneakyblueberry) SikTh - How May I Help You?
What the fuck is this? :lol

Eehh... this song is fucked up. I don't really like the vocalist, he ends up annoying me. I've got some friends who love this, but honestly, this ain't my cuppa tea. From time to time they manage to create some good sections but they are pretty short and only here and there, while the rest either bores or annoys me. I don't really like this track, and I'm feeling you might actually get the lowest score of the roulette. Sorry. +2/5

don't be sorry - i'm sorry that I haven't sent anything that's made your willy tingle.  there are two vocalists.