Author Topic: Your concerts for 2016  (Read 19074 times)

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Your concerts for 2016
« Reply #140 on: August 07, 2016, 10:42:51 PM »
Fuck you're gonna see them before I do! Any idea where Ihsahn's tour is listed? Can only find 1 gig in Paris on his facebook but I'd love to go.

October 18th: Architects (free entry wtf)
October 23rd: God Is An Astronaut

It's on ihsahn.com.

15.07: Gävle (SE) – Gefle Metal Festival
30.07.2016: Sibiu (RO) – Art Mania Open Air
05.08.2016:   Wacken (DE) – Wacken Open Air
11.08.2016:   Josefov (CZ) – Brutal Assault
10.09.2016:   Hüttikon (CH) – Meh Suff Festival
08.10.2016:   Trondheim (NO) – Trondheim Metal Fest
22.11.2016:   Paris (FR) – Divan du Monde
24.11.2016:   St. Petersburg (RU) – ClubZal
25.11.2016: Moscow (RU) – Volta
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #141 on: August 08, 2016, 07:35:56 PM »
Back home after 3 nights of 311/Sublime.

Night 3 was probably my least favorite.  I had a sweet seat and watched 311 (who opened for Sublime on this one show), but lost my ticket (must have fallen out of my pocket when I grabbed my phone) and could not return to that sweet seat so I watched the rest from the lawn.  >:(  Either way, enjoyed some margaritas and had a lovely last night in Texas.

311 played one song again that I had not seen yet this tour, bringing the total to 56 different songs between the 6 shows the last couple weeks.  :metal

Also, got a sweet video of Love Song with Matisyahu... who's mic was not on. https://youtu.be/17PHaPO6_-o?t=1m12s The band kept playing and eventually he came back and sung the verse, very awesome!  Reminded me of the time I saw DT perform Repentance and Mikael Akerfeldt's mic wasn't on  :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #142 on: August 21, 2016, 03:52:21 PM »
Wow, my concerts have taken quite a change of pace.  I have bought tickets for concerts that should round up my year unless new shows get announced.

Epica - January 21, NYC
Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, and Delain - February 20, Hartford
Iron Maiden - March 30, NYC
Dream Theater - April 23, NYC
Sublime with Rome - July 8, NJ
Slipknot and Marilyn Manson - July 9, NJ
Def Leppard - July 1,3 NJ
311 - July 15, NJ
311 - July 16, NYC
Warped Tour (Less Than Jake, Reel Big Fish, Yellowcard) - July 17, NJ
311 - July 22, Philadelphia
Alter Bridge, Breaking Benjamin, and Disturbed - July 3,1 NJ
311 and Sublime with Rome - August 5, Austin
311 and Sublime with Rome - August 6, Dallas
311 and Sublime with Rome - August 7, Houston
Black Sabbath - August 23, NJ
Korn and Rob Zombie - August 30, NJ
ProgPower USA - September 7-10, Atlanta
Blind Guardian - September 15, NYC
Devin Townsend and Between the Buried and Me - September 16, NYC
Dream Theater - October 19, NJ
Less Than Jake - November 20, Long Island
Epica - December 2, NYC

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #143 on: August 23, 2016, 07:42:39 AM »
That is an impressive list!

I went to Lowlands last weekend, that was a really great time. Very open atmosphere and lots of things besides music. Some of the highlights were John Coffey, we stood really close to the stage which basically meant we were in a moshpit for the whole show, which was awesome. Those guys really have a lot of energy and it was very enjoyable but I don't really remember too much of the music. :lol

Biffy Clyro gave a great show too, they played 9/15ths  :o Sigur Ros might just be my favourite show of the festival, the atmosphere was just amazing and magical. They had a really impressive lightshow too.
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #144 on: August 23, 2016, 07:44:43 AM »
I find John Coffey really boring whenever I check them out at home, but their live shows sure are some of the coolest, so much energy put into them. Someone sent me a vid of the huge circle pit during their lowlands performance, it looked awesome :metal
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #145 on: August 23, 2016, 07:48:55 AM »
I find John Coffey really boring whenever I check them out at home, but their live shows sure are some of the coolest, so much energy put into them. Someone sent me a vid of the huge circle pit during their lowlands performance, it looked awesome :metal

Haha that circle pit was amazing, I started somewhere in the front and ended completely on the other side of the tent. Glad it was near the end of the show because I couldn't see much from there and lost my friends  :lol
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #146 on: August 23, 2016, 07:49:32 AM »
That is an impressive list!

It helps when a huge amphitheater that attracts all the big summer tours happens to be in your backyard.

And I'm a total idiot.  This is the second time this year I booked a flight at the same time as a concert.  My flight home from Atlanta coincides with the Blind Guardian show in NYC so I have a ticket if anyone wants it  :lol

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #147 on: August 26, 2016, 02:33:17 PM »
Journey and Doobie Bros were amazing the other night at White River amphitheater. Anyone else see a show from this tour? :metal
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #148 on: August 26, 2016, 02:49:52 PM »
Journey and Doobie Bros were amazing the other night at White River amphitheater. Anyone else see a show from this tour? :metal

They came by me, but didn't go. 

Tonight Prophets of Rage are playing by me.  Considering going since it's not selling well and tickets are dirt cheap.  Not really a fan of the bands though, more of just going to enjoy a concert.  Might be a last minute decision.

Black Sabbath was awesome the other night as well  :metal

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #149 on: August 26, 2016, 03:33:46 PM »
Ok, next up is Haken on 9/17, very stoked about that gig. Gonna have to bail on Leprous/Earthside cause the venue fucked them over and they moved the show to out of the area. On the plus side, Animals as Leaders and Intervals just announced for Dec, so we can put them in place.

Still got Marillion in Oct as well, first time in over ten years so just a bit excited for that show.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #150 on: August 26, 2016, 04:19:16 PM »
SikTh and King's X were awesome in Minneapolis this week.

reviews:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA0ArkOQVLg
https://allmediareviews.blogspot.com/2016/08/kings-x-fine-line-8252016.html

I'll hopefully be seeing all of these in the coming months (fiancee/wife approved, lol).

The Dear Hunter
Local Natives
Warpaint
Mayer Hawthorne

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #151 on: August 26, 2016, 05:20:18 PM »
Elite will approve of this: Agent Fresco is playing in the capital the day I'm there for my exam (September 7th)...and I have free evening :) and ticket is about 5$. Almost feel like I'm robbing them :lol I don't know why it's so cheap, hope they will be selling shirts/CDs.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 05:26:34 PM by Tomislav95 »
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #152 on: August 26, 2016, 05:23:41 PM »
Elite will approve of this: Agent Fresco is playing in the capital the day I'm there for my exam (September 7th)...and I have free evening :) and ticket is about 5$. Almost feel like I'm robbing them :lol I don't know why it's so cheap, hope they'll sell shirts/CDs.

Talk about robbing someone... I just got my ticket for Prophets of Rage off stubhub.  I paid $14 after taxes and fees and then got the ticket sent to me.  The lady (her name is on it) paid $70 for that ticket.  :omg:

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #153 on: August 26, 2016, 05:29:08 PM »
Elite will approve of this: Agent Fresco is playing in the capital the day I'm there for my exam (September 7th)...and I have free evening :) and ticket is about 5$. Almost feel like I'm robbing them :lol I don't know why it's so cheap, hope they'll sell shirts/CDs.

Talk about robbing someone... I just got my ticket for Prophets of Rage off stubhub.  I paid $14 after taxes and fees and then got the ticket sent to me.  The lady (her name is on it) paid $70 for that ticket.  :omg:
:omg: I would feel bad for getting it for such amount :lol Do you know reason why she sold it?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #154 on: August 26, 2016, 05:34:06 PM »

:omg: I would feel bad for getting it for such amount :lol Do you know reason why she sold it?

Nope, but I know why she sold it for cheap... tickets just aren't selling for the show.  Huge venue (17,000+) for a band that's well a mix of famous bands but no one really knows this band.  I actually feel bad for her as well, but that's business I guess.  I had no idea those seats were so damn expensive though.  She got the short end of the stick for sure.

Offline Luoto

• Wandering midget
« Reply #155 on: August 28, 2016, 02:51:25 AM »
Hmm... Ne Obliviscaris just announced a Helsinki show on October 12th. It's a Wednesday, so there are some question marks if I can make it.
Always too soon, always too late, always in between.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #156 on: August 29, 2016, 09:17:08 AM »
I have not seen any shows in 2016 yet, but that's about to change in the next two months.

9/10 — Thank You Scientist w/ Extinction Level Event
9/12 — Devin Townsend and BTBAM (finally seeing Dev live!)
10/2 — Russian Circles w/ Helms Alee (finally seeing RC live!)
10/17 — The Dear Hunter w/ Eisley (Sadly missing Clutch for this, but seeing the Dear Hunter headline is always worth it.)

Also considering driving to Wilmington NC to see Dillenger Escape Plan.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #157 on: August 29, 2016, 11:32:46 AM »
Oh, right

I got tickets for Albert Ridge for November 10th in Heineken Music Hall last week, pretty hyped :metal
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #158 on: August 31, 2016, 02:14:58 PM »
Really would love to see a concert at the Heineken Music Hall

Rob Zombie was AWESOME last night.  Never was really into him but was familiar with most of the music he played.  The guy had more energy than Bruce Dickinson on stage, a real show man.  The band sounded great too, very good audio and good performance.  I didn't realize his band is essentially the old band for Marilyn Manson, John 5 on guitar is actually really good and talented.  Then Korn played and I just have never liked them.  I couldn't really get into their set.  Just not into them, but the drums and bass were wayyyy too loud and overpowered the vocals.  The crowd was really into it though. 

Rob Zombie - More Human Than Human https://youtu.be/lUYiJEY2LTQ

While I am guilty (obviously) of using my phone during the concert, towards the end Rob seemed very mad about the phone use saying "New Jersey loves thier phones" which is true and he got a bit heated and actually got everyone (including myself) to put their phone down for one song.  He got everyone to scream and put their hands up and I must say, that one moment was probably the hardest rocking and loudest the PNC Bank Arts Center was the entire summer. 

And having said that, the PNC Bank Arts Center will be shutting down in another week for the summer and that was the last show for me.  Really bummed about that since I had such a blast going to as many shows as I could there and made a ton of awesome memories.  I'm in contact with a live nation rep about getting season tickets next year, most likely out of my price range but worth investigating since I go to so many and there are some nice perks to being a season ticket holder.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #159 on: August 31, 2016, 02:23:36 PM »
I don't know Rob Zombie at all apart from his name :lol too bad you couldn't get into Korn, I saw them at Heineken Music Hall aswell haha, great live band but very understandable for people to not like them, they're pretty formulaic and if the formula is not your thing then it's hard to appreciate them.

HMH is a wonderful venue, but they're way overpriced (both tickets and drinks/food). They just revealed the Alter Bridge opening acts and they're both total shit. Not a soul has heard of these bands. Obviously they can get away with this kind of thing since, well, it's fucking Alter Bridge and it's a widely popular venue. 55 euro's is pretty expensive for what I consider to be a solo show of AB, but it's worth it, I absolutely love them.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #160 on: August 31, 2016, 02:27:47 PM »
55 euro is about what I've paid for Nightwish gig, which I considered to be really expensive for the band of their caliber. For example, 3-hours Avantasia gig cost me like €30 at best, and Ihsahn tickets are even cheaper than this, about €25.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #161 on: August 31, 2016, 02:30:21 PM »
Funny how Alter Bridge was the opener for Disturbed and Breaking Benjamin here in the US and over across the pond, they are the main attraction.

Yea, Korn is totally a me thing.  All my friends think I'm crazy.  I owned Follow the Leader as a kid and just couldn't dig it.  I gave them a bunch of refresh listens before the concert to see if I could get into it now and really just couldn't.  I've never been a fan of that bass sound and his vocals.  While I'm not saying they are bad, solid performers for sure, just not my thing. 

Also, Rob Zombie had one hell of a stage show.  If you've seen any of his movies, then you'd get an idea of what kind of stage show he presents.  Before the final song he showed a preview for his newest movie 31.  Not really my types of flicks but the horror appeal is there.

Depends on the venue and seating, but 55 euro seems fairly normal for a band like Nightwish or Avantasia in the US.  I think I paid like 80 US dollars for Avantasia.  Nightwish was much cheaper, I forget, but maybe 50 for general admission.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #162 on: August 31, 2016, 02:35:54 PM »
55 euro would've been alright like three years ago for Russian gigs, but now that euro costs double in roubles compared to 2013, it's definitely not that cheap.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #163 on: August 31, 2016, 02:50:03 PM »
To put it in perspective: I paid 60 euros for Iron Maiden for their Final Frontier tour

And yeah AB are extremely popular in The Netherlands for whatever reason, and probably not just here because they seem to be headlining a lot of other EU shows too.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #164 on: August 31, 2016, 02:57:43 PM »
bought a ticket for haken/TYS next month so I guess I'm going to that
considering devy/btbam and leprous and whoever else too

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #165 on: August 31, 2016, 03:51:52 PM »
I'm seeing Agent Fresco next week, as I already said, for like $5. Devy/BTBAM/Leprous February next year is a must for me, I believe only Devin was in my country before (and it's cheap as well, about $20). I'm still not sure to go see Russian Circles + Helen Money or Exodus + Obituary in November (they are playing the same day :-\ ). Probably Russian Circles, I'm not into thrash/death metal that much anymore.
And who knows, maybe I check Negura Bunget in October.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #166 on: August 31, 2016, 04:00:39 PM »
October 12 - The Cure (The Twilight Sad)
October 28 - Katatonia (Agent Fresco+Vola)
November 22 - Boris
November 23 - Alcest/Mono

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #167 on: September 01, 2016, 04:21:29 AM »

So far:

1/2 Dream Theater - The Astonishing (Circus, Stockholm)
2/2 Dream Theater - The Astonishing (Circus, Stockholm )

Seen at Gröna Lund amusement park during summer

Deep Purple
Status Quo
Whitesnake

Coming up

2/9 A.C.T at KB in Malmö
3/9 A.C.T at Sticky Fingers in Göteborg

1/10 King Crimson (Filadelfiakyrkan Stockholm)

5/11 Opeth at Annexet in Stockholm

Next year

9/3 Avenged Sevenfold / Disturbed / Chevelle at Globe arena in Stockholm

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #168 on: September 01, 2016, 07:32:27 AM »
9/3 Avenged Sevenfold / Disturbed / Chevelle at Globe arena in Stockholm

I saw that tour announcement for Europe.  Looks like a nice group of bands.  I've yet to see Avenged in concert and am really anticipating that one day and Disturbed was really good live, I have a lot more respect for them now since I wasn't a big fan.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #169 on: September 02, 2016, 06:30:02 AM »
Haven't bought tickets yet but I'm pretty sure I'll be going to the Devin Townsend / BTBAM / Leprous gig the 10th of March @ Melkweg, what a set of artists!

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #170 on: September 02, 2016, 10:24:09 AM »
Haven't bought tickets yet but I'm pretty sure I'll be going to the Devin Townsend / BTBAM / Leprous gig the 10th of March @ Melkweg, what a set of artists!

You'll kick yourself if you don't. We've got Tesseract instead of BTBAM here in the UK but I'm looking forward to Leprous more anyway. The main draw is Devin anyway, anyone else is a bonus.

Frank Turner has just announced a tour in the UK, trying to decide whether to go  :huh:

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #171 on: September 02, 2016, 10:31:22 AM »
I think I may catch iamthemorning in Moscow at September 15th. They'll be performing Lighthouse (their latest album) in its entirety and then some more songs from their older records. And the price is super cheap, first row in the theater costs about $20 - for example, the GA ticket for the upcoming Ihsahn gig cost me $30.

Sometimes it's rewarding to live in Russia. :lol

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #172 on: September 02, 2016, 10:33:06 AM »
Going to see Alcest and Mono in October and Amon Amarth in November, also Devin / BTBAM next February. :metal :metal :metal
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #173 on: September 04, 2016, 02:16:14 AM »

Going to this in a month. Should be a lot of fun and unbelievably only £10 a ticket!!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #174 on: September 04, 2016, 08:01:03 AM »
 :metal

Nice! I love Less than Jake... first concert I ever went to was to see them on the Hello Rockview tour in 98.