Author Topic: Your concerts for 2016  (Read 19073 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Your concerts for 2016
« Reply #105 on: July 18, 2016, 11:45:45 AM »
Three concerts this past weekend,

311 Friday and Saturday night, between the two nights they played 45 different songs! (3 repeats between the nights)

311 - Sunset in July https://youtu.be/z2TeBf162mo

and then yesterday was Warped Tour which was crazy fun.  So many young kids for the punk bands which was really cool to see since I first went to a warped tour when I was 12.

Less Than Jake / Reel Big Fish clips https://youtu.be/hbwF5Hg6o-c

Can't remember the last time I moshed (or I guess skanked) so hard before.  Sucks it was like 100 degrees out otherwise I would have stuck around for more bands, but I couldn't take the heat.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2016, 10:10:30 PM »
Haken and Thank You Scientist just announced for Sept in San Fran. You could hear my dick get hard instantly.

This fall is looking to be one of the best concert seasons ever for me, just hoping I have enough money for it all.

So far I'm looking at...

Periphery/ SiKth  (purchased)
Haken/ Thank You Scientist
Marillion (purchased)
BtBaM/ Devin Townshend
Epica et al.
Steven Wilson

Forgot to add Leprous/ Earthside... though that one is a maybe it'll be hard to pass up at twenty bucks.

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2016, 07:48:32 AM »
Just bought tickets for God is an Astronaut's show in Utrecht  ;D
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2016, 07:56:39 AM »
Fuck that's awesome, they're becoming one of my favorite bands so I might go
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline home

« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2016, 08:07:36 AM »
Fuck that's awesome, they're becoming one of my favorite bands so I might go

It's only 16 euro's anyway :azn: (well 18 including service costs)

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #110 on: July 22, 2016, 08:13:03 AM »
Yeah that's no issue, I just don't know anyone who knows, let alone wants to lay down money to see God Is An Astronaut :lol
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline home

« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2016, 08:16:53 AM »
Yeah that's no issue, I just don't know anyone who knows, let alone wants to lay down money to see God Is An Astronaut :lol

We could meetup before the show if you'd like to?

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2016, 10:03:18 AM »
Three concerts this past weekend,

311 Friday and Saturday night, between the two nights they played 45 different songs! (3 repeats between the nights)

311 - Sunset in July https://youtu.be/z2TeBf162mo

and then yesterday was Warped Tour which was crazy fun.  So many young kids for the punk bands which was really cool to see since I first went to a warped tour when I was 12.

Less Than Jake / Reel Big Fish clips https://youtu.be/hbwF5Hg6o-c311 recorded their 'Grassroots' album in my brother-in-law's house back when they were living there in '94.  I know this because Doug Martinez stopped by the house a few months ago and was chatting with my father-in-law outside for a few minutes about when they used to live there.  He said they used to throw some killer house parties there. 

Can't remember the last time I moshed (or I guess skanked) so hard before.  Sucks it was like 100 degrees out otherwise I would have stuck around for more bands, but I couldn't take the heat.
331 recorded their 'Grassroots' album in my brother-in-law's house back in '94 when they used to live there.  Doug Martinez stopped by the house a few months ago and was chatting outside with my father-in-law for a few minutes telling him about when they lived in the house.  Told him to tell my brother-in-law they used to throw some killer parties there.

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #113 on: July 22, 2016, 10:19:18 AM »
Going to see Temple Of The Dog at Madison Square Garden on November 7th.  A friend of mine texted me out of the blue to tell me he scored two tix in the Chris Cornell pre-sale and wanted to know if I wanted to go.  I LOVED that album when it came out.  Should be a great show.

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #114 on: July 22, 2016, 10:26:57 AM »
Didn't go to one "big" concert this year and yesterday I saw Russian Circles play the same day as Exodus + Obituary :| fuck this, I'll have to miss one of those.
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #115 on: July 22, 2016, 11:36:15 AM »

Yeah sounds good! I'll join you

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #116 on: July 22, 2016, 12:19:27 PM »
Oh and I missed GIAA, too. Summer is full of concerts and I'm not in capital. 
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #117 on: July 22, 2016, 12:27:33 PM »
Fuck it,  Im going to go to Philadelphia after work tonight and see 311 for a third time this week.  They are playing outdoors along the Delaware river, should be a lot of fun!

Offline home

« Reply #118 on: July 22, 2016, 12:28:32 PM »

Yeah sounds good! I'll join you

Awesome!  :metal

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #119 on: July 22, 2016, 07:52:17 PM »
Just got tix for Journey and Doobie Brothers at white river amphitheater.
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #120 on: July 22, 2016, 07:56:55 PM »
Just got tix for Journey and Doobie Brothers at white river amphitheater.

Saw Doobies with Chicago. Great show!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #121 on: July 23, 2016, 07:53:10 AM »
Haken/ Thank You Scientists purchased. I love being on the morning shift.  :metal :metal :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #122 on: July 23, 2016, 02:39:02 PM »
Another amazing 311 concert!  3 times in one week and 53 different songs!  :metal

Awesome venue as well (Festival Pier at Penn's Landing in Philly).  The sound at all 3 concerts was also really good which was surprising considering all three were outdoor venues that I wouldn't expect to be good sounding.

Hey You https://youtu.be/E7-vtj9W-Jk

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #123 on: July 24, 2016, 12:18:59 AM »
just saw Duran Duran with Chic epic show. Tons of nostalgia. Loved the nods to Prince and David Bowie among others.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #124 on: July 24, 2016, 03:19:53 PM »
Saw The Motet with Medeski Martin & Wood opening at Red Rocks this weekend. Sooo good. My legs still hurt from all the dancing. Nothing else coming up soon, but I've got Thank You Scientist in September, Tool in October, and Steven Wilson in November. Is it fall yet?!
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #125 on: July 24, 2016, 04:42:48 PM »
Saw The Motet with Medeski Martin & Wood opening at Red Rocks this weekend. Sooo good. My legs still hurt from all the dancing. Nothing else coming up soon, but I've got Thank You Scientist in September, Tool in October, and Steven Wilson in November. Is it fall yet?!

I want to see a concert at the Red Rocks so bad  :metal

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #126 on: July 24, 2016, 07:47:51 PM »
It's so good! You've still got some time this season ;)
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #127 on: July 25, 2016, 06:43:17 AM »
It's so good! You've still got some time this season ;)

Funny cause I saw 311 is playing there at the end of August.  I need to convince my boss to send me back out there

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #128 on: July 25, 2016, 02:36:05 PM »
Looks like I may end up going to Disturbed and Breaking Benjamin this Sunday.  My friend said she wants to go so that's all I needed to go since I typically go alone now a days, but a friend wants to go to a concert?!  Fuck it, I'll be there then.  Actually listening to some of the new Breaking Benjamin songs and not bad, sounds like the old stuff even if the band is completely different besides Ben.  I saw them once before, in 2003 before anyone knew them and they played at a small bar in college.

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #129 on: July 26, 2016, 06:23:21 PM »
just saw kurt vile, run the jewels, and lcd soundsystem at panorama. it was one of the best days of my life.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #130 on: July 26, 2016, 06:41:54 PM »
So far this year, I saw Steven Wilson in March, Dream Theater in April and Alice in Chains just a few days ago. I'm going to see Haken in September and then Opeth in October. I'd say this is a pretty good year for me  :biggrin:

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #131 on: July 27, 2016, 11:29:57 AM »
Anybody going to see BOSTON in Boston?  I think it's the last show of this 40th anniversary tour and an appropriate place to close the tour. I seen them in Seattle recently and they are on fire right now! I highly recommend,, they do all the classics and break into some cool jams with impressive unison guitar solos from Tom Scholz and Gary Pihl..  Sholz is also a beast on the hammond! I wish they would film this for a DVD/Blu-ray release. "Boston at Boston"  :metal
 Not to mention, their drummer (Jeff Neal) looks like Mike Portnoy..lol
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 11:37:48 AM by Architeuthis »
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #132 on: August 01, 2016, 02:52:52 PM »
Saw Alter Bridge, Breaking Benjamin, and Disturbed last night.  Awesome concert.

Won't lie, Disturbed was very impressive.  I have their first two albums, but never was really into them other than a few enjoyable songs.  I may have to listen more because they really rocked my socks off. 

Only caught the end of Alter Bridge, they seemed alright and seemed very similar sounding to Breaking Benjamin.  This was my first Alter Bridge experience.

Breaking Benjamin was the band I wanted to see, having seen them once in 2003 at a small bar in college before they were known, it was amazing to see how many people were there to see them.  The venue was almost sold out, which says something since its 20k+ capacity.

Anyway, my video of Indestructible by Disturbed - https://youtu.be/jSGLQjKLVME

And on my spontaneity, I'm going back to see 311 again this weekend... in Texas!  Booked my free flight (thank you reward miles) to go to Austin Friday morning to catch 311 and Sublime and then I'll see them again in Houston on Sunday night.  Debating about going to Dallas for a 3rd show that Saturday, but might do something different.

Offline dtvoices94

« Reply #133 on: August 02, 2016, 06:30:03 AM »
Saw Grace Potter on 7/29.
Upcoming...
The Peach Music Festival 8/11-8/14
KISS 8/30
The Chris Robinson Brotherhood 9/29
Dream Theater 10/7

Offline ChuckSteak

« Reply #134 on: August 03, 2016, 11:55:41 AM »
Opeth - 11th November in Stuttgart LKA-Longhorn

Although I probably won't like the new album. I hope they also play the old stuff.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #135 on: August 06, 2016, 08:21:45 AM »
First night of the 311/Sublime Texas tour was a blast.... and so damn hot in the pit!  I wish 311 got a full headlining set, but got one different song from the first 3 times seeing them and this was the closest I was for any 311 show I've gone to. 

311 - All Mixed Up from Austin TX https://youtu.be/eV9PVWiPzMk

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #136 on: August 06, 2016, 03:47:38 PM »

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #137 on: August 07, 2016, 10:49:30 AM »
*takes a deep breath*

Ihsahn at November 25th.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #138 on: August 07, 2016, 01:57:48 PM »
Fuck you're gonna see them before I do! Any idea where Ihsahn's tour is listed? Can only find 1 gig in Paris on his facebook but I'd love to go.

October 18th: Architects (free entry wtf)
October 23rd: God Is An Astronaut

Offline home

« Reply #139 on: August 07, 2016, 02:13:31 PM »