Author Topic: 2 Broke Girls  (Read 4351 times)

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
2 Broke Girls
« on: January 06, 2016, 10:20:59 AM »
This might be one of the worst shows I've ever seen.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: 2 Broke Girls
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 12:15:53 PM »
I agree.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 12:33:04 PM »
100% agree. The wife and I watched when it first started because of the good reviews it was getting. I was honestly disgusted with how the characters made it seem ok to be whores and their overall portrayal of women in general. The fact that it is so popular is another reason why my faith in society is decreasing.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 12:34:31 PM »
I left work in the middle of the day with some sort of debilitating stomach bug and spent the rest of the day and into the night watching bad tv.  I don't think it is a coincidence that, shortly after watching half of an episode (first time ever), I began retching violently to the point that I think I may have ruptured a vocal cord.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 12:49:26 PM »
Pretty sure the only thing keeping it on the air is the brunette's tits. Neither of them are funny and the script is just rapid fire perverted laugh track jokes.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 12:53:21 PM »
I tried watching it but couldn't get through one episode. Kat Denning is beautiful but I can't get through the dialogue at all. It's like a bunch of college jocks got together to write a show with as many campy sexual innuendos as possible.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 12:56:13 PM »
Since my first time seeing even a partial episode was less than two days ago, this is a VERY timely thread.  I was bewildered by how bad I thought the show was given my understanding that it was pretty popular.  It is reassuring to know that others think it really is as bad as I think it is.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2016, 01:02:38 PM »
Gawd, I'm glad you said that, Chino; I was really worried for you for a second there when I saw the thread. Yep, not even Kat Denning's tits could save this one; and there's places I can see a lot more of her than what's on this show soooo that's it for this one! Except not cause people have shit taste.

But hey, reality shows survive for years on end so it's not TOO surprising that this acidic bile pile of steaming shit is still on. Boy oh boy does Denning have an incredible rack though. Considering her acting, that is pretty much all I'd watch her for.  :| :tup

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2016, 04:58:48 AM »
This show would fit right in with the Disney Channel's drek.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2016, 03:09:07 PM »
I saw this thread and immediate thought "wait, there's a person amongst this somewhat enlightened group of DT fans that actually likes this show? Enough to start a thread about it?" Glad to see that I was wrong.

Pretty sure the only thing keeping it on the air is the brunette's tits. Neither of them are funny and the script is just rapid fire perverted laugh track jokes.
If I recall correctlyl, those two girls absolutely despise each other. The aforementioned tits are a big part of the reason why.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2016, 03:18:47 PM »
It's like Doctor Pepper.  You forget how bad it is, you grab one, take one sip and spit it out all over your TV.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2016, 03:28:31 PM »
Thank you peeps for realizing this show is utter garbage. Cliche one liners poorly delivered. Terrible show.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline jammindude

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2016, 04:45:18 PM »
I saw this thread and immediate thought "wait, there's a person amongst this somewhat enlightened group of DT fans that actually likes this show? Enough to start a thread about it?" Glad to see that I was wrong.

If I recall correctlyl, those two girls absolutely despise each other. The aforementioned tits are a big part of the reason why.

I don't think that last part is true. Kat tweets about hanging out with her all the time and they act like besties. I suppose it could be a front, but I've never seen anything to make me believe they don't get along.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2016, 05:04:30 PM »
If there is anyone on the forum who likes this show, chances are these opening posts regarding the show probably silenced them.   :lol

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2016, 05:28:13 PM »
Man, I didn't think of that. Damn it...that was Chino's plan all along and WE FUCKED UP, GUYS.

Quick, delete and make a new page so we can crucify those fuckers! DAMN YOUR OPINIONS TO HELL!

RIP DTP.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2016, 11:00:26 AM »
beth behrs is hot tho
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline robbob

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2016, 02:10:15 AM »
Couldn't agree more on everyone's posts about this show. Gave it a shot one day, couldn't believe how bad it was. It is pathetic how popular it is.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2016, 07:40:38 AM »
This was playing at the gym at work the other day without sound and I remember thinking it'd be nice to rub one out to it but I don't remember why.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Cable

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2016, 08:59:30 AM »
With such unanimous opinions, I wonder why this is still on? Maybe it is a big hit with the other gender?

I have to hear an add for the flipping show every time I have CBS Sports radio on, and every time it's not funny.
---

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2016, 08:04:21 AM »
All of you suck.  I love this show.

Online bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2016, 08:07:30 AM »

2 main reasons?
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2016, 08:09:16 AM »
They certainly help, but I'm still like 12 years old mentally.  Dirty jokes amuse me.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2016, 08:14:07 AM »

2 main reasons?

Left boob and right boob.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2016, 08:32:09 AM »
I knew it would be you.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2016, 08:39:01 AM »
:lol

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2016, 12:45:17 PM »
They certainly help, but I'm still like 12 years old mentally.  Dirty jokes amuse me.

They amuse me too, but I think this show overdoes it. Every other sentence is an innuendo so when it's expected, it loses it's magic for me.  Kat Denning was the only reason why I even checked the show out.  If this couldn't save it for me, nothing will.   :lol

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2016, 12:58:41 PM »
I married a beautiful, well-endowed brunette who's okay with Steel Panther's extremely dirty lyrics.  It should come as no real stretch of the imagination that I'd like this show.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2016, 01:09:04 PM »
I mean, if Dennings walked around topless the whole show, I'd be an avid viewer. It's just...the world...isn't perfect.  :sadpanda:

RIP DTP.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2016, 01:11:41 PM »
I mean, if Dennings walked around topless the whole show, I'd be an avid viewer. It's just...the world...isn't perfect.  :sadpanda:

That's because we live in a society where a show can exist and make non-stop blowjob jokes till the cows come home, but the sight of a nipple will poison the children like Flint.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2016, 01:13:03 PM »
I married a beautiful, well-endowed brunette who's okay with Steel Panther's extremely dirty lyrics.  It should come as no real stretch of the imagination that I'd like this show.

You're going to make me give it another chance, you know that right?  Just because I'm thinking of how depraved Californication is, and that's my favorite show. Though I think the plot lines in Californication are wayyy more depraved than any episode of 2 Broke Girls could be.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2016, 01:15:40 PM »
That's because we live in a society where a show can exist and make non-stop blowjob jokes till the cows come home, but the site of a nipple will poison the children like Flint.

For one of the most advanced countries in the world, we sure are f*cking behind the rest of the world in our views about the human body and seeing one.  I don't get it.

You're going to make me give it another chance, you know that right?  Just because I'm thinking of how depraved Californication is, and that's my favorite show. Though I think the plot lines in Californication are wayyy more depraved than any episode of 2 Broke Girls could be.

I have no doubt.  :lol

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2016, 01:24:22 PM »

For one of the most advanced countries in the world, we sure are f*cking behind the rest of the world in our views about the human body and seeing one.  I don't get it.

I think people are wayyy uptight about sex and nudity in this country.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2016, 01:25:28 PM »
That's because we live in a society where a show can exist and make non-stop blowjob jokes till the cows come home, but the site of a nipple will poison the children like Flint.

You can thank the Separatist Puritans for that.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2016, 08:36:52 PM »
It's funny. I love watching old sitcoms, and I've been watching Threes Company for the last week or two, which is essentially the 1977 version of that show. From what I've seen and heard about 2BG, nothing about that show would amuse me. Threes Company was actually somewhat funny. Good writers have known for centuries that while well placed crudity can be good for a huge laugh here and there, it's cheap and easy to overdo. Innuendo is what works for the big picture. It just requires a less lazy audience, willing to look for the humor rather than being dick-slapped by it.

And add to that, Threes Company had better T&A, for much the same reason.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2016, 02:27:33 PM »
Yep, still awesome.