Author Topic: Blues Enthusiasts  (Read 3192 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: Blues Enthusiasts
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2017, 08:53:27 AM »
Sorry, I like and appreciate the blues, but the only "new" player I know of is Gary Clark Jr, and he isn't really new lol

Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2019, 09:20:43 AM »
TWO-TIME GRAMMY-NOMINATED ICONIC BLUES-ROCK GUITARIST
JOE BONAMASSA ANNOUNCES NEW LIVE ALBUM
RECORDED AT THE SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE

Featuring Songs Performed From No. 1 Album 'Blues Of Desperation'

Released: 25 October 2019
Provogue/J&R Adventures
Pre-order now

Watch the Live Music Video for “This Train”
https://youtu.be/UxRoF3pXUOA

Fans and critics alike have been asking the big question of two-time GRAMMY-nominated blues king Joe Bonamassa - “Will there be a new album in 2019?”

Today, that question is answered with the announcement of LIVE AT THE SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE, a brand new live album from “arguably the world’s biggest blues guitarist” (Guitar World) featuring recordings from his 2016 performance at one of the world’s most legendary venues. This includes previously unreleased versions of tracks from his coveted No. 1 album BLUES OF DESPERATION.

As a UNESCO Heritage Monument The Sydney Opera House sits alongside the Great Pyramids Of Egypt, the Great Wall Of China and the Taj Mahal. For those that have the honor to play a venue as sacred as the Opera House, they bring their absolute best to the stage. Bonamassa is no exception to the rule, always rising to the challenge and bringing his A-game, so the praised musician brought with him a band composed of some of today’s best musicians and singers to support him in delivering a masterful concert to be cherished for years to come. This stellar band includes Late Night with David Letterman’s Anton Fig (percussion), Nashville recording legend Michael Rhodes (bass guitar), Rock & Roll Hall of Famer and member of Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble, Reese Wynans (keyboards), Paulie Cerra (sax), and Lee Thornburg (trumpet), with Mahalia Barnes, Juanita Tippins, and Gary Pinto on backing vocals.

Now everyone can relive that evening’s celebration with this special release of LIVE AT THE SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE, compiled for a premium listening experience available digitally, CD with beautiful packaging that includes a collector’s booklet, and vinyl 180 Gram Double LP which features the exclusive bonus track “Livin’ Easy,” via Provogue on October 25th.

Bonamassa is one of today’s top live performers and his enthusiastic live shows are one of the biggest parts of his career, and a favorite for music lovers everywhere. LIVE AT THE SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE perfectly captures the incredible talents a man who’s toured nearly every city, country, and major venue over the world, perhaps even twice over. Currently, he has just completed his second sold out ‘Keeping the Blues Alive at Sea’ cruise this year,  and is now in preparation to hit stages in Australia and New Zealand in September, with an upcoming third installment of US dates for 2019 this fall. With LIVE AT THE SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE, fans can enjoy Bonamassa’s live talents any time they want, at home or on the way to an upcoming show.

LIVE AT THE SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE is also Bonamassa’s newest live album, following the 2018 release of British Blues Explosion Live, which marked his milestone 20th #1 album, and preceded his latest studio album REDEMPTION that took the blues world by storm later that year, bringing him his 21st #1 album on the blues charts.

In addition to LIVE AT THE SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE, Bonamassa has mentioned a studio album on the horizon. He’s currently in the process of writing new songs, with plans to hit the studio this winter, and as fans can see from his Instagram and extensive ever-growing list of international tour dates, the diehard musician is rarely without a guitar in hand, curating new melodies, solos, and endlessly developing his craft, never ceasing to amaze his listeners.

BAND
Joe Bonamassa - Guitar and Vocals
Reese Wynans - Keyboards
Anton Fig - Percussion
Michael Rhodes - Bass Guitar
Lee Thornburg - Trumpet
Paulie Cerra - Saxophone
Mahalia Barnes, Juanita Tippins, Gary Pinto - Vocals

Tracklist

1.    This Train (Live)
2.    Mountain Climbing (Live)
3.    Drive (Live)
4.    Love Ain't A Love Song (Live)
5.    How Deep This River Runs (Live)
6.    Mainline Florida (Live)
7.    The Valley Runs Low (Live)
8.    Blues Of Desperation (Live)
9.    No Place For The Lonely (Live)

Livin’ Easy (LP BONUS TRACK)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2019, 02:23:11 PM »
That should be pretty good.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2019, 05:42:47 AM »
Love this. Even if you have the album Blues of Desperation, JB's live versions are bound to be different and add some live spin to the songs. I'll buy it.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2020, 10:10:49 AM »

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2020, 10:24:09 AM »
I didn't know where to put this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48Dl1e4afnY&feature=youtu.be

:metal

Well, that was different for Joe. I like it!  :metal
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2020, 02:13:21 PM »
Joe Bonamassa Announces New Studio Album
“Royal Tea”  Inspired by Jeff Beck, Led Zeppelin, John Mayall, Eric Clapton, and Cream - Available October 23

Guitar Hero Shakes Up Touring Hiatus With Livestream Event Premiering Album Before Release At The Ryman Auditorium In Nashville On Sept 20 - Tickets Available Now

Livestream Will Raise Money For Fueling Musicians Program To Help Artists In Need

PRE-ORDER ROYAL TEA:
https://smarturl.it/joebonamassa

GET TICKETS FOR THE LIVE STREAM CONCERT ON SEPT 20:
https://joeb.me/JBW

WATCH THE OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO FOR
WHY DOES IT TAKE SO LONG TO SAY GOODBYE:
     https://youtu.be/PZyIouoc5pY

Offline HOF

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2020, 02:31:25 PM »
I will admit that I tend to think of blues as a genre of cliches, but I do like some blues in my metal or even prog from time to time. I guess Eric Johnson is pretty bluesy at times. Probably the closest thing to a blues player who I really like at least. Lots of hair bands had their blues based moments as well. It’s all a bit of a continuum, but I just haven’t really ever sought out the real deal.

Paul Gilbert has ventured into blues recently, and I have to say the blues album that he did was not very interesting to listen to, but he did an instructional video for Sweetwater and watching him play it was a ton of fun.

Offline Volante99

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2020, 12:57:11 AM »
Paul Gilbert has ventured into blues recently, and I have to say the blues album that he did was not very interesting to listen to, but he did an instructional video for Sweetwater and watching him play it was a ton of fun.

God bless Paul Gilbert but blues is REALLY not his forte. He always sprinkles in those same exact 5 licks he’s been doing since 1987 too.