Author Topic: New Girl  (Read 1172 times)

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
New Girl
« on: January 04, 2016, 08:53:53 PM »
I just started watching this show and it's pretty random, but really funny and reminds me of Always Sunny. I love Zooey Deschanel and her character. She's an amalgam of some of my ex-girlfriends, the ones I don't wish death upon, which makes for an interesting watch.

Anyone else get into this show yet? I'm still in season one so no spoilers, if there can actually be any. It doesn't seem like that kind of show, but you never know.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
Re: New Girl
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 10:43:58 PM »
I liked it a good bit during the first few seasons but became tired of its unchanging format and immense predictability after that. It's stupid fun, so it's not like some big deep story was ruined, but the stupidity became a bit too much for me as well as the show's overused tropes and cliches. That said, it's still funny at times and I'm sure I'll end up picking it back up on a bored day down the line.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 09:10:40 AM »
Watch it all the time. Great show.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 12:56:19 PM »
Well, only the first five episodes were available for free On Demand, so I'll have to check out the other episodes elsewhere. Anyone know if it's on Netflix?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 01:02:13 PM »
Well, only the first five episodes were available for free On Demand, so I'll have to check out the other episodes elsewhere. Anyone know if it's on Netflix?

Can confirm.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 01:09:10 PM »

Can confirm.

I just Google'd it actually also. Thank you, though.   :)   Always Sunny is on there also, so I can check out those episodes I missed.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 01:17:55 PM »
Finished few days ago to watch the first season. Very good and funny show, Zooey Deschanel is on full "manic pixie dream girl on steroids" mode but still her character is funny, and so are the stories.

Curious to see how long they'll be able to keep the quality up, I hope for a long time since I'm "orphan" of How I Met Your Mother and I need another long lasting sitcom in that vibe to watch! (The Big Bang Theory I've catched up with so I have to wait for episodes like everyone else, Scrubs and Friends are both long watched, and HIMYM as I said I've recently finished as well, so I hope New Girl fills that "void")
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2016, 01:20:32 PM »
Finished few days ago to watch the first season. Very good and funny show, Zooey Deschanel is on full "manic pixie dream girl on steroids" mode but still her character is funny, and so are the stories.

Curious to see how long they'll be able to keep the quality up, I hope for a long time since I'm "orphan" of How I Met Your Mother and I need another long lasting sitcom in that vibe to watch! (The Big Bang Theory I've catched up with so I have to wait for episodes like everyone else, Scrubs and Friends are both long watched, and HIMYM as I said I've recently finished as well, so I hope New Girl fills that "void")

If you like New Girl, then you'll most likely enjoy It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 01:31:25 PM »
Thanks, noted!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2016, 01:31:34 PM »
I find myself like New Girl way more than Always Sunny. Dennis really brings that show down for me.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2016, 01:47:23 PM »
I also like New Girl more. I find humor and show plots to be somewhat similar in how ridiculous they are, but in a good way. Danny DeVito is just awesome. I feel like everything I see him in is brilliant. He's such a talented man and doesn't get nearly as much credit as he deserves. Every since I saw Throw Momma From The Train, I've always enjoyed seeing his name on something.

Calvin6s

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2016, 02:18:10 PM »
I watched some of the first New Girl episodes when it came out.  After awhile, the episodes started collecting on my DVR, which is a sign that I'm watching because of my quirk to finish what I started as opposed to just being entertained.

Always Sunny is so much better that I wouldn't even think to draw a parallel.