Author Topic: Your favorite things from 2015  (Read 806 times)

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
Your favorite things from 2015
« on: December 30, 2015, 08:42:02 AM »
List your favorite things from 2015 in this thread. Add any additional categories that you want.

Album:

Song:

Book:

Movie:

TV Show:

Video Game:

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Your favorite things from 2015
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 08:58:19 AM »
Album: Soilwork - The Ride Majestic

Song: -

Book: -

Movie: The Force Awakens

TV Show: Fargo Season 2

Video Game: Alien: Isolation
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 11:09:37 AM »

Album: Voices from the Fuselage- Odyssey: Destroyer of Worlds

Song: Meteorites- Voices from the Fuselage

Book: I only read recovery materials this year, so Terrence Gorski's Understanding the Twelve Steps

Movie: Motherfucking Star Wars :daddy:

TV Show: Tough one, but I gotta go with Daredevil, though Jessica Jones is a close second.

Video Game: Haven't played a video game since Mario Bros 3

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 11:18:51 AM »
Wow, some of these are hard.

Album:  Symphony X, Underworld.  Biggest surprise of the year for me.

Song:  Not sure, but Hellfire and Toxic Remedies off the new Queensryche album are definite contenders.

Book:  I haven't read anything that was released in 2015.  In fact, my pleasure reading (outside the Bible) has been really limited this past year.  The only thing I can recall for certain is the Hunger Games series (read to see whether appropriate for my 12 year old), and that was excellent.

Movie:  Hmm...probably The Force Awakens.  If I took my time, I might be able to come up with something I enjoyed more, but I enjoyed this one A LOT.  And given that it had so much build-up and still did not disappoint, I have no problem just picking it.

TV Show:  Would have to be Agents of SHIELD.  Best series on right now, although I feel like season 2 was stronger.

Video Game:  Dunno.  Haven't really played any, other than Greed for Glory on my phone.  Since I am a total addict, I guess I have to pick that.  ...which I guess I don't really have a problem with, but it just seems odd not picking something that you would play on a console or computer.  It isn't nearly as immersive as some of the stuff I used to play on console/computer back in the day, but I love it and on it constantly, so...
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 12:42:34 PM »
Steven Wilson: Hand. Cannot. Erase. (Though this is a close one)
Steven Wislon: Happy Returns (Not as close)
Book: I've read a lot this year but nothing really new. At the top would be David Mitchell's Bone Clocks, Black Swan Green and Ghostwritten, and Jonathan Lethem's Fortress of Solitude
Movie: Not seen a thing. I'll catch TFA next week though, so that'll be my answer by default
TV Show: The Leftovers

Not played any video games  :-[
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 01:52:15 PM »
Album: Arcane - Known/Learned. Haven't really gotten a chance just yet to listen to some other albums that were on my list though.

Song: Viet Cong - Death

Book: I need to read more

Movie: Mad Max and Ex Machina are tied for the top spot. The Force Awakens and Inside Out are note-worthy as well

TV Show: F is for Family, but it's really the only show that came out this year that I watched :lol Though it's still definitely worth a watch. Still need to watch all those Marvel/DC shows as well as Fargo when I get the chance

Video Game: Don't really play too many these days, but I'd say Fallout 4, which was one of the few I could actually get my hands on

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2015, 02:51:30 PM »
Album: The Dear Hunter - Act IV Rebirth in Reprise

Song: The Dear Hunter - King of Swords, maaybe Native Construct - Chromatic Aberration.

Book: Haven't read anything from 2015.

Movie: Haven't seen the Star Wars movie yet, for now my favorite remains Ted 2. There really wasn't too much to pick from though, I think I've seen like 5 new movies this year.

TV Show: Not too big on TV shows, does the new South Park season count? If so I'd say that one.

Video Game: Not a big video game guy either.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2015, 04:13:34 AM »
I'm not really into TV, movies and books, so if I may tweak this slightly:

Favourite album released in 2015: Hand. Cannot. Erase. - Steven Wilson

Favourite song released in 2015: A Spark in the Aether - The Tangent

Favourite album discovery of 2015: Milliontown - Frost*

Favourite song discovery of 2015: Once Around the World - It Bites

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2015, 04:27:15 AM »
Album: Voodoo Circle - Whisky Fingers

Song: Voodoo Circle - Heartbreaking Woman / Medicine Man, Nightwish - Weak Fantasy, Toto - Holy War

Movie: I don't watch a lot of new movies, but Ex Machina gets my pick. Fury Road and The Force Awakens were both also great.

TV Show: Best new show of 2015 for me was Humans. Doctor Who had an incredible season, and Continuum ended strongly. Farewell Continuum.  :'(

Video Game: Haven't played any new games from 2015. But the best game I've newly discovered this year is easily Rayman Legends.

Movie: Mad Max and Ex Machina are tied for the top spot. The Force Awakens and Inside Out are note-worthy as well

I like the way you think. :tup (haven't seen Inside Out)
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2015, 06:07:06 AM »
Album:  Vanden Plas - Chronicles of the Immortals: Netherworld II

Song: Kamelot - Liar Liar (Wastland Monarch)

Book:  Don't read much.  I've been reading the entire Civil War event on my Marvel Unlimited subscription the past few months - 90+ comics in all

Movie:  Gotta be The Forces Awakens

TV Show:  The Blacklist

Video Game: Didn't do much gaming this year.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2015, 06:43:23 AM »
Album: The Book of Souls- Iron Maiden

Song: This is tough and there are too many to pick from. I'll go with Red and the Black off of Book of Souls.

Book: I only read the two new King books (Finders Keepers and The Bazaar of Bad Dreams). Both are very good. I'll say my favorite book I read in 2015 was Everville by Clive Barker.

Movie: Star Wars

TV Show: Game of Thrones

Video Game: Rise of the Tomb Raider