Author Topic: Gn'R to Reunite (sort of) and Tour  (Read 14934 times)

Offline Anguyen92

Re: Gn'R to Reunite (sort of) and Tour
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2016, 12:12:23 AM »
Bumping to state that, apparently, it is official from twitter pages like Slash and Duff, etc., they are going to be playing Coachella.  Let's see how this goes.  All I can hope for is that if Slash does not like this reunion goes, that he does not derail any plans that Myles has with Alter Bridge.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2016, 06:17:43 AM »
Bumping to state that, apparently, it is official from twitter pages like Slash and Duff, etc., they are going to be playing Coachella.  Let's see how this goes.  All I can hope for is that if Slash does not like this reunion goes, that he does not derail any plans that Myles has with Alter Bridge.

Gosh I really hope the reunion goes well enough that AB gets some significant amount of time where Myles doesn't have an obligation to Slash. I love the stuff Slash and Myles come up with, but AB is one of my favorite bands out there and I'd love to see them have more time to write and tour.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2016, 06:20:08 AM »
I'd rather see a Spice Girls reunion.

Funny you should say that.  I saw this link from the GNR forum since one of their members titled it "The reunion announcement has finally come!!", this was before all of the GNR stuff has becoming apparent.

https://www.today.com/popculture/mel-b-says-spice-girls-will-reunite-20th-anniversary-2016-t64041

See, now that's worth it.

Not so Baby Spice and really fuckin' Old Spice. Not quite so Sporty Spice anymore and never-was-that-scary-anyway Spice.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2016, 06:28:35 AM »
I'd rather see a Spice Girls reunion.

Funny you should say that.  I saw this link from the GNR forum since one of their members titled it "The reunion announcement has finally come!!", this was before all of the GNR stuff has becoming apparent.

https://www.today.com/popculture/mel-b-says-spice-girls-will-reunite-20th-anniversary-2016-t64041

See, now that's worth it.

Not so Baby Spice and really fuckin' Old Spice. Not quite so Sporty Spice anymore and never-was-that-scary-anyway Spice.

It's sure better than Axl Spice. I think Baby Spice looks pretty good. I didn't check the others out.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2016, 07:17:15 AM »
I'll take the Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & Conspirators project over GNR thank you very much.

:corn

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2016, 07:18:11 AM »
Geri Halliwell will probably do it just for the money and the spotlight.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2016, 07:27:01 AM »

Gosh I really hope the reunion goes well enough that AB gets some significant amount of time where Myles doesn't have an obligation to Slash. I love the stuff Slash and Myles come up with, but AB is one of my favorite bands out there and I'd love to see them have more time to write and tour.

This, I don't want to turn this into an Alter Bridge thread but it's likely that if Myles spends so much time with the Slash project like the last few years with the World on Fire tour, it would take away from the time with AB. I doubt that will be the case this year though, they're working on the new album and Tremonti should have the time too, Dust is apparently already finished (they're just waiting until April or something to release it), so I think AB V should be well underway
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2016, 07:32:42 AM »
Yeah AB V is supposed to come out in 2016, my issue hasn't necessarily been AB not putting out albums, its more the fact that they tend to not tour to support those albums much in recent years. That's due to the fact that Tremonti and Myles are already booked with other obligations. 

Anyway... I agree I don't want to make this into an AB thread, so back to my original point, I'll be curious to see how long this "reunion" lasts. I feel like Slash doesn't have much to lose, so if things aren't going well he would probably be comfortable walking away and heading back to doing his own thing.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2016, 07:39:16 AM »

Just the exact opposite for me.  I hope Tremonti and Wolfgang continue the bro-mance and Myles has no choice but to continue making awesome classic rock with Slash.   Tremonti is good and all, but there are two songs, one AB, one Slash (I have to go back and listen, but I will if you want me to) that are almost the same vocal melody and what not, but the backing is different.  The AB version is that sort of I don't know how you call it style that Tremonti plays (not nu metal, but like Audioslave or Korn) and the Slash version is more Aerosmith-y, and the Slash version just slays the other for me. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2016, 07:39:43 AM »
Geri Halliwell will probably do it just for the money and the spotlight.

Do what?

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2016, 07:59:37 AM »
Just the exact opposite for me.  I hope Tremonti and Wolfgang continue the bro-mance and Myles has no choice but to continue making awesome classic rock with Slash.   Tremonti is good and all, but there are two songs, one AB, one Slash (I have to go back and listen, but I will if you want me to) that are almost the same vocal melody and what not, but the backing is different.  The AB version is that sort of I don't know how you call it style that Tremonti plays (not nu metal, but like Audioslave or Korn) and the Slash version is more Aerosmith-y, and the Slash version just slays the other for me.
I'd be here tomorrow if I would compare everything, but out of all the Myles/Slash stuff I think you might be talking about The Unholy (that has the biggest AB vibe IMO), in which case I would probably agree, that's one of my favorite songs and beats most AB songs.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2016, 09:01:12 AM »
Yeah obviously it comes down to personal preference, if you like the stuff Myles creates with Slash more than AB, I totally get that. It's definitely got more of a classic rock, blues-based sound (which is basically Slash). AB definitely has a more modern metal/hard rock thing going on.

I'd be here tomorrow if I would compare everything, but out of all the Myles/Slash stuff I think you might be talking about The Unholy (that has the biggest AB vibe IMO), in which case I would probably agree, that's one of my favorite songs and beats most AB songs.

Yeah, I think I remember reading somewhere that The Unholy was the only song on WoF that Myles contributed guitar parts to, so that probably plays a role in it sounding "ABish"

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2016, 10:13:12 AM »
I'm traveling this week (which means I have a ton of time on my hands), so I'll get the songs I'm referring to soon.  I don't think it was "The Unholy", since it is either from Live From Amsterdam or One Day Remains. 

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2016, 10:31:31 AM »
Well the AB song could still be from One Day Remains or Live from Amsterdam if the Slash song you were referring to was 'The Unholy' right? We'll see, let me know if you found out, I'm curious

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2016, 11:07:32 AM »
Well the AB song could still be from One Day Remains or Live from Amsterdam if the Slash song you were referring to was 'The Unholy' right? We'll see, let me know if you found out, I'm curious

Duh!!!  You're right.  I was so focused on the AB side that I wasn't thinking.   Another example (though not as good, and not the one I was thinking about) is Metalingus and Anastasia. 

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2016, 08:14:03 PM »
Right, so GNR has announced that they are doing two shows in Vegas before Coachella.  Tickets range from $80-350.  There are also big-ass VIP packages with the highest being at $2,500.  Here's the link to the VIP packages.

https://www.axs.com/events/306247/guns-n-roses-tickets/promopage/4074?skin=tmobile

So, is that the best way to get the most enjoyment in Las Vegas for the sort of money people might spend on a GNR show or no?

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2016, 01:54:15 PM »
Why do I keep bumping this thread?  Ehhh.  It's official, they are going to be touring stadiums in the US during the summer.  Does anyone want to go? If so, here are the dates.

https://www.facebook.com/events/580899592074756/

Thursday, June 23, 2016    Detroit, MI    Ford Field
Sunday, June 26, 2016    Washington, DC    FEDEXFIELD
Wednesday, June 29, 2016    Kansas City, MO    Arrowhead Stadium
Friday, July 1, 2016    Chicago, IL    Soldier Field
Wednesday, July 6, 2016    Cincinnati, OH    Paul Brown Stadium
Saturday, July 9, 2016    Nashville, TN    Nissan Stadium
Tuesday, July 12, 2016    Pittsburgh, PA Heinz Field 
Thursday, July 14, 2016    Philadelphia, PA    Lincoln Financial Field
Saturday, July 16, 2016    Toronto, ON    Rogers Centre
Tuesday, July 19, 2016    Foxboro, MA    Gillette Stadium
Saturday, July 23, 2016    East Rutherford, NJ    MetLife Stadium
Wednesday, July 27, 2016    Atlanta, GA    Georgia Dome
Friday, July 29, 2016    Orlando, FL    Orlando Citrus Bowl
Sunday, July 31, 2016    New Orleans, LA    Mercedes-Benz Superdome
Wednesday, August 3, 2016    Arlington, TX    AT&T Stadium
Friday, August 5, 2016    Houston, TX    NRG Stadium
Tuesday, August 9, 2016    San Francisco, CA    AT&T Park
Friday, August 12, 2016    Seattle, WA    CenturyLink Field
Monday, August 15, 2016    Glendale, AZ    University of Phoenix Stadium
Monday, August 22, 2016    San Diego, CA    Qualcomm Stadium

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2016, 02:04:02 PM »
Is it going to be possible that they finish all these dates?  Will be interesting to see.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2016, 07:32:30 PM »
Surely I'm not the only person thinking this was an April Fools Day gag. :lol
If they survive long enough to get to Oz, hell yeah I'm going. One of my biggest concert regrets was not being able to see them when they came out here ages ago (2008 maybe?).
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2016, 08:29:58 PM »
If they survive long enough to get to Oz, hell yeah I'm going. One of my biggest concert regrets was not being able to see them when they came out here ages ago (2008 maybe?).

The Axl Rose Band ?  Nah - I missed that on purpose.

But I did see them with Skid Row , Calder Park (middle of nowhere) 1993 in 40 degrees and pissing rain................took us most of the night to get home but was worth it.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2016, 08:35:05 PM »

The Axl Rose Band ?  Nah - I missed that on purpose.

But I did see them with Skid Row , Calder Park (middle of nowhere) 1993 in 40 degrees and pissing rain................took us most of the night to get home but was worth it.

Sure it's not what I'd call GNR, but it still would have been a cool gig to see. He was singing great at the time, and I like the music. 
Speaking of Skid Row, I think Sebastian Bach opened for that GNR show? He came out once or twice after that too, didn't get to any of them. Would have liked to see that.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2016, 08:11:47 AM »
Just picked up presale tickets for Landover, MD/WashDC.  Woohoo!

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2016, 09:57:49 AM »
I'll just leave this here....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLOsD-UasC8

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2016, 10:01:14 AM »
THAT is awesome.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2016, 09:33:32 PM »
The real tour hasn't even started and Axl Rose has already slipped at a show and broken his foot. :lol :lol

Now, I am not laughing at anyone getting hurt, but at the train wreck that will be this band yet again.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2016, 10:12:30 PM »
Fortunately, it wasn't his sha-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-knees.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2016, 02:07:43 PM »
I was toying with the idea of going to see them, but I'm not shelling out the bucks to see him sitting down. Yeah, he's making the best of it using Dave Grohl's guitar throne and I respect that, but I will catch them some other time.

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Check out the Zappa Discography thread!
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2016, 02:14:46 PM »
Fortunately, it wasn't his sha-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-knees.

Not at all interested in this GnR reunion. Was reading the thread 'cause I'm bored.

Laughed way to hard at this.  :lol
The FZ Discography Thread! https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44650.0
Nihil-Morari is generally considered the resident Zappa person.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2016, 12:04:54 PM »
... but I will catch them some other time.

So, on the next reunion tour? :p
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline pain of occupation

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF Official Thread Killer
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2016, 06:45:24 PM »
I'm with Stadler. I saw the 'new' lineup a few years back and it was wicked good.
Them musicians are killer and they were even more killer together. I'm actually kinda sad that they all got the boot just so this can get put together. Would love to hear an(other) album outta those guys. Thought it woulda happened by 2015. Guess I thought wrong; best not hold my breath on it ever happenin now.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2016, 07:27:21 AM »
Really cool of Dave Grohl to lend Axl his throne.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2016, 07:32:44 AM »
Put me down for indifferent till a new album is announced.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2016, 07:35:18 AM »
As much as I'd like to check this out (especially with the NJ show being 15 minutes from me), don't think I can justify the cost. I'll just hold on to the memory of seeing Slash play most of Appetite for Destruction while touring with Myles a couple years ago.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2016, 07:45:21 AM »
Put me down for indifferent till a new album is announced.

Even if it's announced it could still be a decade or two until it comes out  ;D
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2016, 08:20:03 AM »
Really cool of Dave Grohl to lend Axl his throne.

Good Guy Dave does it again.  I think the Good Guy Greg meme should be replaced with a pic of Dave Grohl instead.