Author Topic: Black Mirror Discussionings - Dat Mirror So Black Doe; How It Get So Black?  (Read 20205 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Black Mirror Discussionings - Dat Mirror So Black Doe; How It Get So Black?
« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2017, 08:08:16 PM »
Here's the new teaser for Season 4:

https://youtu.be/oH85obU350E

Dang that looks great! Cannot wait.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #106 on: December 29, 2017, 06:07:31 AM »
I just finished the first episode of the new season, USS Callister, and it was great. I was most curious about this episode because it seemed so un-Black Mirror, and I'm glad they didn't give away anything but the Star Trek scenario, because when you see the episode, it's very Black Mirror. A very fun parody of Star Trek, woven into a great episode. A lot of funny lines, and an interesting scenario. The main guy did a good job doing the Kirk-y style accent and speaking style without going over the top.

Slight spoiler:

My only criticism is that the characters shouldn't have had their memories from the real world.

edit:

Finished the second episode, Arkangel. A more typical Black Mirror episode, and another very good one. I was expecting something more at the end, but I do like the way it mirrored the start of the episode. An interesting message in there too.

The third episode Crocodile got fucking DARK AF. Literal bloodbath at the end, and it got worse from there. Damn!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 08:35:35 AM by BlobVanDam »
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #107 on: December 29, 2017, 09:07:23 AM »
Cannot wait. May only be able to watch one or two later tonight but I’ll certainly get this knocked out this weekend.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #108 on: December 29, 2017, 09:33:22 AM »
Just finished Hang the DJ, which I guess is the San Junipero equivalent of the season. Not as good as San Junipero (just because that was absolute perfection), but still a damn great episode. The dating method would be incredibly terrible in real life, and nobody would stick it through. :lol Also, the first girl the dude ended up with was a total fucking bitch cow. The ending brought it all together nicely.

Metalhead - Pretty simple story of woman being hunted by robot dog, really. :metal I liked the robot dog thingy and how it adapted to the situation. Quite a short episode, probably due to the simplicity of the story and the cost of essentially having a full CG character throughout the story, but it didn't need to be a longer episode for what it was. I don't know why they went with black and white, maybe to hide the CG a bit better, but it worked fine. The last shot was a bit of a kick. Solid enjoyable episode, not one of their best though.

Black Museum - Excellent episode! I loved how the museum was filled with things from previous episodes to spot. The episode sorta felt like a mini anthology series in itself, and I was waiting to see how it was all going to connect in the end, and it delivered a great payoff. The main guy played a good skuzzball, and I liked the dark humour.

Overall another consistently good season. I'd say maybe last season had a bit higher highs, and this season might have been a bit more consistent, but it definitely delivered again. I managed to get through the entire season in one solid sitting. :blob:
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 11:40:41 AM by BlobVanDam »

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #109 on: December 30, 2017, 11:12:27 AM »
Metalhead - Pretty simple story of woman being hunted by robot dog, really. :metal I liked the robot dog thingy and how it adapted to the situation. Quite a short episode, probably due to the simplicity of the story and the cost of essentially having a full CG character throughout the story, but it didn't need to be a longer episode for what it was. I don't know why they went with black and white, maybe to hide the CG a bit better, but it worked fine. The last shot was a bit of a kick. Solid enjoyable episode, not one of their best though.

Black Museum - Excellent episode! I loved how the museum was filled with things from previous episodes to spot. The episode sorta felt like a mini anthology series in itself, and I was waiting to see how it was all going to connect in the end, and it delivered a great payoff. The main guy played a good skuzzball, and I liked the dark humour.

After watching the series, I read a few reviews/commentaries, and a few journalists seem to agree on the B&W/CGI thing. I don't know - I also think it could have been some sort of homage to old horror movies/thrillers, Hitchcock, etc. Or they just wanted to experiment a little bit more with format.

As for "Black Museum": yeah, it was some sort of TV version of a prog-rock suite. I too liked some of the humour.  :D

_______

This are a few things I've been wondering about; maybe you can help me out?

• In "Metalhead", we never learn what the hell could have happened to the world (and the woman's family) that a teddy-bear was so worthy of risking life. After watching "Black Museum", I reasoned that the woman was looking for one of those monkeys with a conscience installed, but no: they are bears. So - what could be the reason? :huh:
  • Also, when the woman enters the room and stares at the piano, I was reminded of the The Astonishing post-apocalyptic world without music. A few people have analyzed the series and posted the supposed timeline of the episodes (according to evidence throughout the 4 seasons), and apparently "Metalhead" would be the last. Apparently the dogs would have destroyed humanity (and other animals like the pigs referred at the beggining of the episode). Another possibility -based on post on a table in the house- is that we are watching a digital hell - kind of what's happening in "White Christmas".

Here are a few 'supposed' timelines, with explanations, in case you are interested:
https://heavy.com/entertainment/2017/12/black-mirror-timeline-order-episodes-chronological/
https://screencrush.com/black-mirror-easter-eggs-connected-timeline-theory/

SebastianPratesi

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #111 on: December 30, 2017, 09:18:34 PM »
In "Metalhead", we never learn what the hell could have happened to the world (and the woman's family) that a teddy-bear was so worthy of risking life.

I actually kind of liked both of these because the idea of explaining either would sort of take away from the episode. To clarify: We're pretty much drowning in post-apocalyptic type things in current media as it is so to even explain what caused it or what is happened would open up more criticism in terms of 'did they properly handle the world that X caused correctly?' if that makes any sense. Additionally the whole thing with the bear is a great sort of black comedy aspect of 'wait, that's what was at stake?' because it works very well as a payoff at the end unless you're absolutely committed to critiquing the decision in the principle, which is countered by the fact that the woman in the episode even admitted multiple times that it was a mistake. It's a really good slice of life in the moment episode and I think trying to break into the metaworld beyond what is presented in it is self-defeating. I also wonder if the black and white is a throwback to a Twilight Zone type episode because while I've never seen TZ from what little I know about it this should fit the mold of one of those episodes where all of the badness happening (her escape from the dog) is centered around something stupid (looking to get a teddy bear).

As a whole I did enjoy the season although I'm not quite sure it had the highs of the last season. It's still a very solid show and my only main complaint throughout the entirety is that the trick/reveals either aren't as clever or are given up too early which is what made episodes like White Bear and Shut Up And Dance have more of a gut punch.

I guess a good example of what I'm getting at is that while something like Crocodile got dark and then slowly descended into getting something completely dark there was a sort of ease to it whereas you had literally a couple minutes to even digest how disturbing Shut Up And Dance got before the end credits.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #112 on: December 30, 2017, 09:50:10 PM »
The way I interpret the ending of Metalhead is that even under the most bleak circumstances where mere survival was tough, they still tried to maintain their humanity, and valued the happiness of a child, trying to protect them from the horrors of the world. Kind of like what the mother was trying to achieve in Arkangel, blocking out all the scary things.
I liked that reveal of what were they willing to die for? What was this important to them that they'd go through this hell? And it turns out it's completely frivolous and unnecessary in any logical way, it was an emotional decision.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #113 on: December 31, 2017, 04:47:24 PM »
I've only watched the first three episodes thus far....but all in all it's been another good run of episodes.

USS Callister:
 - Like Blob stated...I'm not sure how their consciousness would have been captured and inserted into the game as well? I get the physical DNA part could be reproduced
   but don't understand how their consciousness would have been
 - Why did Robert put Nanette inside the game? All the other crew were people that had 'did him wrong'. What did she do wrong? The only thing she did was change her
   demeanor after Shania talked to her at the coffee bar. I thought maybe he put her in there as a love interest?
 - Jesse Plemmons was a perfect choice for Robert Daly
 - At the end of the episode when Robert is trapped in the old, now deleted interface....can't he just be found and woken up eventually? Or, are we to assume his
   consciousness is trapped until his body dies?
 - And I loved the continued Breaking Bad connection with Aaron Paul being the voice of the other captain the crew ran into once they'd reached the 'cloud'.  :lol

Really neat episode though. And like much of the things this show has postulated and presented as 'real' in the future.....probably an eventual thing.

Arkangel:
  - Holy Cow...what an interesting take on helicopter parenting. As a father of three young sons I understand the fear first hand that can grip you when thinking of your
    kid(s) being lost and have even had a couple instances where the exact location of our kids were not know for a few minutes. It's a frightening feeling.
  - It was interesting to learn that Jodi Foster directed this episode as it had a very theatric tone.
  - Nothing out of the ordinary other than the implications of trying to protect your child from everything....and the certainly intentional irony of the effort that Marie goes 
    through to protect Sarah and not lose her is the very thing that drives her daughter away to where she does lose her.

Hang the DJ:
  - I agree with Blob that this was Season 4's answer to San Juniper yet it didn't quite reach that level of awesomeness....yet it was still really good.
  - I'm assuming that the app or program or whatever it was that their personalities were 'inside' that offered the 99.8% guarantee of finding 'the one' would have been a
    high dollar service? Meaning, it would be different than dating apps that we are accustomed to being that it was promising to find 'the one' for them. With that
    assumption can we assume that Amy and Frank live happily ever after?

Crocodile:
  - I thought this one was just dark. I get the 'tech' aspect that makes it black mirror....but from get go when they chose to dump the body it was just going dark. The
    entire episode was one dark choice after another, with the payoff being tech farmed memories from an animal. Just as weird, dark episode.

Hope to get the other episodes knocked out soon.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 05:12:04 PM by gmillerdrake »

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #114 on: December 31, 2017, 04:54:31 PM »
Absolutely loved it. Definitely different than past series in the overall feel of all the episodes. There is still that sense that it's Black Mirror of course, but it's clear they're trying to push it towards new-ish ground and not let it get stale, which I love. In that same scenario, there's going to be hit or miss aspects and I definitely felt that in certain portions of a few episodes. Namely, Crocodile felt more or less like a shock/gore thriller that never went anywhere, and Arkangel felt far too predictable and after the initial reveal of what the device was, didn't really do anything with it aside from, again, a couple shock scenes (that weren't really shocking since they could be seen a mile away).

Other than a couple disappointing moments, I still loved every episode for the most part and Black Museum was an amazing homage to the series in a fucked up little love letter. More than that, I loved the other mini homages that this season had, mainly in Crocodile with the song and Wraith Babes from Million Merits, that really got me in my nostalgia feels. A bit of a different season but it still felt like Black Mirror and it was still a really fun ride. I'm already ready for S5, so that really says it all.  :lol

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #115 on: December 31, 2017, 05:14:17 PM »
Looks like I skipped 'Black Museum' yesterday.....so I have that and 'Metalhead' to go. Depending on what time our guests leave tonight I should be able to knock those out.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #116 on: January 01, 2018, 07:09:06 AM »
Watched USS Callister last night and I think it may be my favorite of the new season. It's just so great to see something so new work so well in the form of dark comedy turn into pure dark terror. I know we've had a bit of dark comedy in the series before but this was new territory for the most part for the show, especially in terms of the cinematography and that classic overlay in the beginning. Which also seems to be a new shtick with the whole b/w episode, which I was lukewarm on...

Fucking. Todd.

RIP DTP.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #117 on: January 01, 2018, 11:23:38 AM »
Finished them up. I liked Metalhead for what it was. It was a pretty simple story, but like as has been mentioned....I'd like to have learned 'how' that world got to where it was at? Seems like a Terminator scenario which kind of devalued the whole thing for me since it's been done before but the 'dog' was an interesting take on a killing machine. The way it deployed the trackers was cool and it's determined, clever pursuit was chilling.

Seeing so many of them in the closing shot makes me wonder how anyone has survived. And, seeing that they were going after a toy for a kid made it that more brutal. Trying to hold on to the last vestige of humanity and keeping a kid a kid for as long as possible seems like a losing cause in that situation.

Black Museum was killer! Really liked it. The 'side' stories in the museum were cool and they could have easily made entire episodes out of each of them if they'd wanted to. I like the fact we got the cliff note versions of them, and that the guys daughter was able to enact revenge on that dude.

All in all a good season but at least for me not may favorite season. It's gonna be pretty tough to beat Season 3 IMO given every episode in that season was incredible in my eyes. Not that there haven't been other killer episodes but from start to finish Season 3 is the most solid across the board IMO

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #118 on: January 01, 2018, 01:32:45 PM »
^ Definitely agree on that last part. I think this season was very trial and error in the writing area, for whatever reason. Season 3 hit the g spot of all g spots for my imagination. This one teased it.

RIP DTP.

Online faizoff

« Reply #119 on: January 01, 2018, 09:41:47 PM »
Just got finished with the season, amazing stuff as always. I think I enjoyed it just as much as season 3. Not sure but right now probably Hang the DJ is favorite right now.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #120 on: January 02, 2018, 06:34:52 AM »
I'm 4 episodes into the new season. The one with the 99.8% matchmaking app is definitely the front runner so far.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #121 on: January 03, 2018, 02:43:24 AM »
Loved Callister and Hang the DJ,  Black Museum was a lot of fun,  Crocodile and Metalhead were pretty forgettable while  Arkangel was total crap, worst episode of Black Mirror by far.   

Weakest series for me so far.  No episode had that 'shock you to the core' ending twist moment that BM has done so well in the past.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 02:58:27 AM by soupytwist »

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #122 on: January 03, 2018, 07:49:40 AM »
Weakest series for me so far.  No episode had that 'shock you to the core' ending twist moment that BM has done so well in the past.

This is how I look at it. There were some good episodes but they all lacked that 'Black Mirror Factor' IMO. Sure hope they aren't already tapped for fresh ideas....but if they are then it was fun while it lasted

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #123 on: January 03, 2018, 09:58:44 AM »
I knew that Black Mirror had a third season. I was continously telling myself "sooner or later I'll watch it" and then I ended up starting it right now, while there's actually a fourth one out  :lol time flies.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #124 on: January 07, 2018, 07:41:23 AM »
Just started watching the show. My first episode was from season one where everyone had the implant where everything you see and hear is recorded and saved and you can just re-visit everything over and over again. And other people can see it as well.

Boy that is some terrifying stuff and I could see this being a reality in the not too distant future. I could see people lining up for it as well, and from there the scenario in the episode is probably gonna play out many times. The episode was super thought provoking and chilling. Wow.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 07:55:33 AM by Phoenix87x »

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #125 on: January 07, 2018, 09:17:18 AM »
Just started watching the show. My first episode was from season one where everyone had the implant where everything you see and hear is recorded and saved and you can just re-visit everything over and over again. And other people can see it as well.

Boy that is some terrifying stuff and I could see this being a reality in the not too distant future. I could see people lining up for it as well, and from there the scenario in the episode is probably gonna play out many times. The episode was super thought provoking and chilling. Wow.

Cool! Enjoy the series! It’s a trip and you’ll find yourself saying that a lot.....that you can see how ‘insert episodes theme’ could happen in real life.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #126 on: January 07, 2018, 10:44:05 AM »

And the "worst" thing - the dude was right. It would have been easier if the message was "Look, the guy got paranoid and jealous for no reason", but he was right and he did the right connection and he was actually clever in figuring out the details once his suspicions arose. That's what makes the episode more interesting and the debate about the technology more difficult.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #127 on: January 11, 2018, 08:12:41 AM »
This has become my new favorite show. I just watched Nosedive and man its so spot on. Its basically what we already have with social media but just taken to the next level. But they nailed the psychological dynamic. Just crazy. 

I was pretty much getting nauseous at how fake she was being just to get validation, but its real. So unbelievably real. It was terrifying to get a glimpse of what life was like in that nightmare world.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 08:40:17 AM by Phoenix87x »

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #128 on: January 11, 2018, 11:00:55 AM »
This has become my new favorite show. I just watched Nosedive and man its so spot on. Its basically what we already have with social media but just taken to the next level. But they nailed the psychological dynamic. Just crazy. 

I was pretty much getting nauseous at how fake she was being just to get validation, but its real. So unbelievably real. It was terrifying to get a glimpse of what life was like in that nightmare world.

That episode was fantastic. It really magnified what our society has become.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #129 on: January 11, 2018, 12:04:58 PM »
My basic impressions of Season 3, which I finally started to watch only when I realized a fourth season was already out:

NOSEDIVE: I took it mainly as satire, even though I read that there's a chinese rating system implemented somewhere I'd like to believe we'd never get THAT far. But as a metaphor of the abuse of social networks and seeking online validation is spot on. I like how the "wedding speech" at the end was a rambling mess - only in movies you come out with the perfect speech (be it what she originally wanted to do, or a fierce F U to the whole system), in reality, you'd just embarass yourself in that cringeworthy way.

PLAYTEST: Triple-quadruple twist was maybe a little too much, and the very final one made half the episode "useless", but I see the irony of how the game was supposed to make you face your biggest fear, and if the dude had actually faced that fear, what happened at the end would have not happened.

SHUT UP AND DANCE: Wow, this was so intense. We root until the end for the poor kid, only to find out he has a terrible and disgusting affliction. When Bronn was coming home all relaxed and elegant I figured he was in the whole thing, and that he organized it all, but no, he was victim of the hackers too. Possibly the most nihilistic episode of them all.

SAN JUNIPERO: Stunning piece of work! for once things are not so grim, and the technology does not ruin somebody's life nor is selfishly abused. Very touching and emotional episode, probably the most worth a rewatch to catch all the little details from the first hafl which at the end become so clear (Even though I find it a bit weird that elder people when given a younger avatar they just fall back to their 20's personality and prioritize dancing and making out above anything else).

MEN AGAINST FIRE: Didn't figure out the twist until it happened. It's only historically true that people don't really want to kill and it's frightening to think how advanced technology could work around the issue of seeing the enemy as something else than human. All in all the weakest of them all however. Michael Kelly on the other hand is awesome in this. He's got the "gentle but subtly creepy" thing perfect by now.

HATED IN THE NATION: Another intelligent commentary of today's society and the abuse of social networks, and most of all, an amazing thriller. I was thinking "if the dude despise haters, while he gives haters what they want?"... and of course there was the absolutely horrible catch. And of course is the stupid man in a suit to ruin things for everybody. A very convincing and tight episode, despite the movie-length. Oh, and since first I mentioned "Bronn"... I had to read in comments online that Blue is the Waif from Game of Thrones. Didn't recognize her at all.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #130 on: January 11, 2018, 06:24:28 PM »
I thought Nosedive was a bit ridiculous upon first viewing since I try as hard as I fucking can to stay entirely out of the social media world for the sake of my freedom (and do, since I'm not on any, lest you count this site).

...Then my blinders were broken when I read about a girl who shot her boyfriend a mere few feet away with a desert eagle to get views on Youtube and "accidentally"killed the poor fool (I put that in parentheses not because I think she did it on purpose but because you need to be declared mentally disabled if you do this without thinking that the person is almost certainly going to die a hard death). Went back for a fourth viewing after that and...shit is NOT unrealistic.   :|
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 06:30:00 PM by TioJorge »

RIP DTP.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #131 on: January 11, 2018, 08:29:57 PM »
I've got 3 episodes left and White christmas is still my favorite episode and perhaps one the greatest pieces of film/tv I've ever seen period. Utterly incredible.

But anyway, I just watched the Star Trek episode, and I laughed my ass off. I loved it. And Todd continuous to do one hell of a job of being a creepy psycho fuck  :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #132 on: January 11, 2018, 08:55:42 PM »
I've got 3 episodes left and White christmas is still my favorite episode and perhaps one the greatest pieces of film/tv I've ever seen period. Utterly incredible.

But anyway, I just watched the Star Trek episode, and I laughed my ass off. I loved it. And Todd continuous to do one hell of a job of being a creepy psycho fuck  :lol

I liked the cameo voice of Aaron Paul being the captain of the first ship they encountered when they made it to ‘freedom’

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #133 on: January 11, 2018, 10:20:35 PM »
Yeah White Christmas is still probably my favorite, but much like my musical tastes, Black Mirror has too many amazing aspects for me to have a consistent favorite.

RIP DTP.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #134 on: January 12, 2018, 07:33:46 AM »
Just watched Arkangel and it might be the most terrifying episode yet. Just the thought of my parent implanting a chip in my head (without my consent) just because they are frightened of the world, and now they have total control over what I see and hear. Fuck that.

I would throw myself off a cliff (with my eyes wide open, the whole way down). Parents are already putting RIFD chips in their children so its already partially here.

But anyway, this episode was captivating. White christmas still reigns supreme, but this one is number 2 for me. And very decent directing by Jodie Foster.

Hang the DJ

Another very thought provoking episode. Probably the first episode where I wouldn't mind the technology assistance. To know when a relationship will end would have been super helpful with my last relationship. It absolutely should have ended months before it did, but instead it died a slow, torturous and miserable death because I didn't have the strength to walk away from her.

But on the flipside, the lessons I learned experiencing and working my way through all that pain made me the person who I am today, the person who I want to be, so its all a lot to think about.

Of course the episode had a different lesson, which was still great but I am still pretty intrigued by the idea if a system knew when a relationship will end.

One last thing I took away from the episode was that a healthy relationship that can stand the test of time needs Trust, communication and mutual respect, or maybe that's just my own thoughts, but regardless a very decent episode.

Crocodile

Loved it and it really shows how quick things can get out of control. Got to love the social worker with superb detective skills even though she was unintentionally tracking a serial killer (which was another cool twist on a detective story). That one little line about the baby being born blind, I was like damn...

Great episode and its like: you want to just go wandering into people's minds? Well, you better be ready for the crazy shit you might find. Or maybe just stay out of there in the first place.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Machine head

Loved it and this was a super cool and unique episode. The black and white was perfect for the tone and vibe of the story. I'm acutally glad they didn't give too much back story. For me, this was more of a journey more important than destination situation if that makes any sense. And in my imagination, it was just a new military weapon that got out of control, essentially man has once again flown too close to the sun and here are the consequences. I also got the Terminator vibe from this episode. That relentless pursuit.

Her outsmarting it, despite its advantages was very compelling. And I took the ending as her calling back to base and they were already wiped out, so she really has no home to come home to.

Overall I loved Season 4
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 01:14:52 PM by Phoenix87x »

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
I was looking for something to watch that wasn't about politics, so I fired up Netflix. They recommended Black Mirror, and I wasn't doing anything else so, what the fuck. I fired up Season one Episode 1 and I am now a traumatized gibbering mass of melted flesh. I'm not kidding, I may not be able to get that shit out of my head for a week.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 05:50:14 AM by Podaar »
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
You might as well watch the next episode then. Especially as it's one of the best. :biggrin:

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Yeah, you definitely should watch the next episode.

OR

cut right to the chase and watch White Christmas  ;D

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
White Christmas is very good, but it ain't all that imo.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
That episode, in my eyes, as well as a bunch of other fans, is by far and away the worst one of the series. So watch more for sure. It only gets better (or worse? Betterly worse. Yes.)

White Christmas is still one of my favorites, but I don't want to over hype it. I think I like it so much mainly because of Hamm, who I would gladly marry and have children with.

RIP DTP.