Author Topic: Black Mirror Discussionings - Dat Mirror So Black Doe; How It Get So Black?  (Read 20197 times)

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
+1 for 15 Million Merits - I loved that one.
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
Just saw the first and second episodes of the first season with my wife, quality stuff!
The one thing that kept coming to mind is that if someone told me Roger Waters wrote and directed these episodes, I wouldn't be surprised :lol
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
Helll YEESSSSS trailer time. I am way too hype for this shit. Looks like the classic Black Mirror with higher production value. I'm hoping they have the same draw, intrigue and emotional oomph as the original seasons.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Saw the trailer earlier. I can't fucking wait.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
My body's ready.

Offline faizoff

Haven't seen the trailer and won't as I usually don't but man cannot wait for this to drop. Best part is that it's dropping on Netflix so all episodes are go from the onset.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline faizoff

Heads up people, just a few hours away from season 3 coming out. I wished I was working from home tomorrow so I could "work" while keeping an eye on the show. ;-p
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
I'm just sitting here all day, so imma watch this asap! :metal

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
First episode was as good as ever, very reassuring. The same cynical look at society through a scenario that's a little too close to reality to be comforting.

Second episode was a bit of a mindfuck. I liked it a lot. :lol
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 05:30:52 AM by BlobVanDam »

Offline faizoff

Watched the first 15 mins of the first episode, amazing vibe and setting so far.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
Man, these episodes are so good, among the best. I just finished Shut Up and Dance, which was a great concept done well. I'd probably rank the three I've seen so far above the previous existing episodes, except I think Fifteen Million Merits is still my favourite, but Nosedive isn't far behind that.

Now on to San Junipero.

Offline faizoff

First episode was amazing! Can't wait to dive into the next ones, might have to watch them later tonight. Feels like the show didn't skip a beat.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, the show hasn't lost a thing from the 3 I've seen so far.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
God damn, San Junipero. Now I have something in my eye.
You could be forgiven for not realizing what show you're watching for most of the first half, it seems like a typical romantic drama story set in the '80s (typical as far as an interracial lesbian is concerned). I knew it must have been set in a different period for a reason, and there are little hints along the way, but it wasn't quite what I expected, and it was nice to have no clue at all. But then the payoff in the second half once it brought in the scifi was lovely. I'm so glad to have these great new episodes, and still two more to go.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
Finished up Men Against Fire. Another very good episode, almost felt like the premise out of a Star Trek episode with its scenario and message. Some elements were obvious from the start, others took longer to figure out, but I liked the direction.

Last episode will have to wait until tomorrow.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 11:25:56 AM by BlobVanDam »

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
With work reaming my ass, I totally forgot about this. Holy fuck I am so excite! Just got into the meat of the second episode. This is awesome. So fucking awesoooommmme! I really hope tons of people watch this shit so we can get even more. I am such a greedy fuck, I already know I'm going to be pining for more and I'm not even halfway through the second episode.  :lol

RIP DTP.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
First episode was amazing! Can't wait to dive into the next ones, might have to watch them later tonight. Feels like the show didn't skip a beat.
All of this.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
THIS SHOW IS SO FUCKING AMAZING AAAAAHHHHH.

RIP DTP.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
And now I'm done with the new episodes. Not a single weak episode among them. I can't wait for more. How long do I have to wait for the next batch? :D

I enjoyed that last episode too. It was an interesting futuristic crime drama, with yet another clever usage of social media behaviour.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
I had to stop on the final episode to get some sleep but I can't wait to come home from work and chill to the final techno mindfuck.

Yeah, this needs to be a regular thing. Such a refreshing series among the usual bullshit. Not that Netflix is filled with it or anything; they had a streak of some shitty shows but then a series like this will come out and totally knock it out of the park.

RIP DTP.

Offline faizoff

Fucking hell just finished the second episode. Wow.

Offline faizoff

On the last episode right now and noticed there are 4 actors from GOT this season. I know there was Maester Leywn in the very first episode.
Show has been amazing and every episode has been great. I love the visual aesthetic of the show particularly episode 1 & 5.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
I remember the dude from the first episode (who was also Rassilon from Doctor Who). I've spotted several GoT people in previous seasons, but what were the four this season?
Obviously there's Bronn in Shut Up and Dance, and I'm not sure whether you're counting Hannah John-Kamen from her minor role with the Dothraki (who was also in the episode Fifteen Million Merits, and currently in Killjoys). Not sure whether I'm forgetting them or just didn't spot them. Probably the latter.

I've recognized a lot more people from Doctor Who though. This season, San Junipero had Martha's sister, the main guy from Men Against Fire was a minor Time Lord recently.

Offline faizoff

Got done with them all. Amazing as expected, I think episode 1,2,5 & 6 were my absolute favorites. Loved the others as well but those were just out of this world. I believe the show is already renewed for another six episodes so the bad news is we have to wait for next year for a new set of episodes.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
It's very hard to rank them when they were all so excellent, but if I had to roughly rank them, it would go-

Insanely amazing
San Junipero
Nosedive
Playtest

Regular amazing
Shut Up and Dance
Hated in the Nation
Men Against Fire

The consistency of this batch is ridiculous.

Offline faizoff

Talk about a real world-Black Mirror crossover, this is insane if it's really true
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/china-surveillance-big-data-score-censorship-a7375221.html

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
Saw that one earlier, insane. Also, finished chapter 4 and holy fucking shit. The previous two chapters were amazing as well. So glad the series is back  :metal

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
Finally finished it. I did not expect that from the last episode given how it was a slow burn to begin. Holy shit.

I...Fuck. I want more NAAAOOOO.  :lol I knew this would happen. Series is too good. Too fucking good.

RIP DTP.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
Finally finished it. I did not expect that from the last episode given how it was a slow burn to begin. Holy shit.

I...Fuck. I want more NAAAOOOO.  :lol I knew this would happen. Series is too good. Too fucking good.

They should have called the last episode "Attack of the Killer Robot Bees" or "Hive Mind" or something.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
Yeah some of the episode titles are quite odd for their content but I suppose that's par for the course.

RIP DTP.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
I was just kidding. Most of the titles are fine. I just find it funny that it ends up being a story about killer robotic bees, and yet manages to not be cheesy or silly. If it was called "Attack of the Killer Robot Bees" though, you'd know you were in for a B-grade treat!

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
Right, definitely not that title, but ones like "Shut Up And Dance" and "Men Against Fire" seem a little odd. Maybe I missed something though. BETTER GO REWATCH THE SEASON. :laugh:

RIP DTP.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
I think Shut Up and Dance is like when the bad guy has a gun and is shooting at some person's feet and says "dance!", because you've got all of those people being made to do stuff for someone's amusement.
Men Against Fire I think is possibly a reference to the fact they had to come up with this tech because the soldiers were against firing upon other men?

I ALSO BETTER GO REWATCH THE SEASON.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
Finally finished the season, wow. Had some reservations, but it totally delivered, awesome season  :metal .

Top 3 chapters overall would be:

1. White Christmas
2. White Bear / Playtest (can't fucking decide)
3. Shut Up and Dance

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
Best I can do is-

Fifteen Million Merits / San Junipero / Nosedive
Playtest