Author Topic: 2016-04-24 - Hippodrome Theatre - Baltimore, MD  (Read 12235 times)

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
Re: 2016-04-24 - Hippodrome Theatre - Baltimore, MD
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2016, 01:56:24 PM »
Did anyone answer all of the questions correctly?

Offline Victimlas

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2016, 02:13:16 PM »
Show was truly astonishing!!  JLB was ON FIRE! I thought the album couldn't be topped but he managed to do it. Sound was fantastic from our vantage. JP's sound was like rich chocolate cake, better than last tour's, it sounded like JR was playing a grand piano, we actually heard JM very well, and MM was on fire as well- much better drum sound than on the album. The whole show was amazing- definitely their biggest production. I found the no photo policy very annoying at first, but I gotta say that I truly enjoyed the show without the distractions.They allowed people to txt no problem just no pics. The guys were really into the show and the crowd was fantastic. Forgot to add, that we stood almost all of the show. Only sat down for a couple of the NOMAC tracks.

Meetup went great! We had some people coming in late but we waited as long as possible to start trivia. Trivia was a lot of fun! We had 4 winners who received aftershow passes and got to meet the band (all the guys were there but MM) and they were incredibly gracious and nice to all of us. Thank you to everyone that came out to the meetup! We want to bring all these meetups to all cities but we can't do it without your support!

Nope! As you know some were pretty hard :)

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2016, 02:29:06 PM »
The show was amazing.... astonishing even. Loved seeing this epic played from start to stop.

James had a MAJOR mess up during the X Aspect.... but other than that, he sounded great.

yea, that was pretty funny. "i'm choking on my own spit," and then right back into the song. didn't miss a beat!  :lol

A similar thing happened at the NYC show. He almost fell over, and then he goes, "Too many drinks!", and went right back into the song. :lol
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2016, 05:33:43 AM »
Nope! As you know some were pretty hard :)

I guess I should have made them a bit easier.  :lol

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2016, 11:10:33 AM »
The show was amazing.... astonishing even. Loved seeing this epic played from start to stop.

James had a MAJOR mess up during the X Aspect.... but other than that, he sounded great.

yea, that was pretty funny. "i'm choking on my own spit," and then right back into the song. didn't miss a beat!  :lol

A similar thing happened at the NYC show. He almost fell over, and then he goes, "Too many drinks!", and went right back into the song. :lol

:lol  That was a cool moment... right back into the song with no problems.  MM sure thought it was funny.

I couldn't figure out if they manufactured JLB's delayed entrance at the end of the show or not... JP did look like he was actually concerned for a minute.  :lol  I thought for a second that JMX was loading his body for a tackle on JP when he kind of bent down and pointed at him during the last song.

Great show as always... never been disappointed by DT and this was no exception.  JP was really, really into the show from the start and that energy kind of flowed over the front of the house, at least from my perspective.

If anybody gets a chance to try the Olive Oil Cake at Forno do it... one of the best deserts I've ever had!  Baltimore is a cool place... my wife and I sat in the shade of an ice cream shop at the Inner Harbor and listened to this absolutely awesome drummer playing buckets that he had tuned by cutting material out of the bottoms and sides.  A nice way to spend the afternoon before the show.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2016, 05:52:19 PM »
To Victimlas:

how 'bout sharing the little story behind your husband's good fortune, when he stepped out for five minutes? :tup
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Tunnel Vision

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2016, 06:45:24 PM »
My brother and I really enjoyed the show. I thought it was a bit too loud and I had a hard time distinguishing among the instruments. My brother had only listed to the album a couple times before the show and he could not understand James most of the night. Perhaps the acoustics would be different if we were in the balcony?

Other than that, I thought the show was fantastic. Great venue, I loved watching Mr. Mangini, and the solo at the end of A New Beginnning is HUGE when played live. I would definitely go back to the Hippodrome. Too bad I couldn't make it to the show in Greensburg tonight   ;D