Author Topic: Boston Orpheum Theatre April 19 Presale?  (Read 2741 times)

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
Boston Orpheum Theatre April 19 Presale?
« on: December 19, 2015, 11:07:38 AM »
Hey, just asking on here in case anyone had/is having the same problem...
I'm trying to buy presale tickets for the show in Boston on April 19th through the DT website, but when I click on the "buy tickets" button it just takes me to the ticketmaster page showing the general public onsale time. I've tried checking the other dates, and those take me the special presale page on the DT website, which is what I assume should be happening.

Anyone who's planning on going to this show know what's going on? Did the presale end already? Is there no presale for this date for whatever reason? Or is there another way to get them? Thanks.
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline OpenYourEyes311

Re: Boston Orpheum Theatre April 19 Presale?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 01:24:40 PM »
I assume that the presale is sold out for Boston at this point. I would try at 10am on Tuesday on Ticketmaster to get some tickets.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 07:36:53 AM »
T-Minus 24 minutes.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 08:12:50 AM »
Row A on the mezzanine.  A perfect spot for the show.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 07:33:10 AM »
Might as well revive this thread. King, we gotta do the usual meetup beforehand!
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 11:04:59 AM »
Yes!  Getting the wife to leave early so I'll PM you a few places to see what you like.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 06:24:53 AM by kingshmegland »

Offline Rocktavarium

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2016, 04:45:38 PM »
Can't wait only 18 Days  :metal Taking my Son were Balcony about 10 Rows up left center, Was actually Wondering if anyone thinks they'll do some sort of special guest apperance ? like on the DTOE tour at the Orpheum with Eugene Friesen on Cello, being the whole Berklee connection and all ?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 04:56:02 PM by Rocktavarium »

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2016, 08:40:57 AM »
I highly doubt it tbh. Boston got treated with the DVD filming recently, I don't think they will do anything special this time. Also, I think their shows are even more regimented than usual, they can't just plug in guest performances.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2016, 12:18:30 PM »
Tonight!!  WOOT!!!

Offline Rickharris1011

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2016, 04:55:07 AM »
Not sure if this is the right thread, but the show was AWESOME tonight.  It's been some time since I've seen them, but wow.  James really delivered. Energy was phenomenal.  Sound system kind of sucks at the orpheum, but it was still a killer show!  Glad I grabbed tickets at the last minute :metal :metal

Offline nh_mark

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2016, 07:04:11 AM »
Agreed...I've seen them every tour since 2003 and tonights show was amazing. James sounded fantastic as did the rest of the band.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2016, 07:15:29 AM »
Great show! As stated, the whole band sounded great. James was awesome. The crowd actually stood the whole time, which I was surprised about, but the band really seemed to enjoy it. Can't wait for the next show, it's always my favorite night of the year.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline Peace and Love

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2016, 07:58:02 AM »
Simply amazing night!

JLB was on FIRE! He was in top form, really. Amazing power in his voice when he needed it, and he was really expressive in parts, especially sing Nafaryus' parts.

MM is so damn entertaining. I couldn't keep my eyes off him, to be honest. Watching him playing the drum parts in person was a fantastic experience.

JP, JM, and JR were all excellent as well.

Highlights:

Saviour in the Square: That intro is simply gorgeous, and it was also highly amusing to watch MM's antics during it. He was constantly making faces and hitting his cymbals in the weirdest ways to get JR to crack a smile, it seemed, but he didn't succeed :P

Three Days: JLB's entire performance, and the blast beat!

A New Beginning: The guitar solo of course. Superb.

Moment of Betrayal: This song got one of the best responses, I felt, and it really comes to life in this setting.

The Path That Divides: My favourite song on the album, and they did it full justice with their performance. The energy was palpable.

I also got to chat with one of their sound guys - an Englishman, I think (judging by his accent, but I forgot his name already!). He did confirm to me, as we already knew, I think, that they are indeed recording every single show. But he didn't know if the band were going to release anything.

Overall, an awesome show! The crowd was really into it, great energy, and standing the entire time. As a DT live experience, it was damn near perfect, to be honest.

Offline romanticrocker

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2016, 08:30:50 AM »
Hell of a show sounded way better then last time never seen a band so strict with phones ha one guy in front of me got kicked out wish it happen sooner could of seen it better lol but don't know why there so strict I get copy rights and all but honesty I wouldn't have boughten a ticket if I didn't see some videos from YouTube fans recorded since I wasn't nuts about the album but def great to hear live

Offline chrisgazpacho

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2016, 09:01:47 AM »
I’ve lost count, but I’ve seen DT close to 30 times since 92.  Last night may be the best I’ve ever heard James, at least since the very first time I saw them in 92 at the Axis in Boston.  He was absolutely incredible.  Total control and power.  I watched a lot of YouTube clips from the European tour and I thought he didn’t sound good at all. So much so I actually wasn’t looking forward to this show.  He had a lot of pitch problems even on the softer head voice stuff.  Last night though he was just on, the higher stuff didn’t sound strained, no gravel like he didn’t have to screech anything out.  Just totally nailed everything.  The whole band was killer. Mangini was on fire given it’s a home town show for him. Just a total amazing show and production from start to finish.

Couple issues - As much as I understand this is the “The Astonishing” tour, and I get the whole concept that it’s a show, they should really play 1 old song as an encore.  If they came out and played Metropolis or something last night the place would have gone complete ape shit crazy.  Only other minor complaint, when you hire a video company to design your show, give them more than 10 assets.   It got old seeing the same faces of the characters over and over.  Some of the visuals we’re incredible, some not so much. 

Security about cell phone use was way over the top.  I got yelled at for texting at my seat during intermission.  Totally ridiculous.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2016, 10:36:14 AM »
Not sure what you listened to, but James consitently struggled wth the high notes. Particularly the "I've heard the whispering of revolution.." section. Later there was even one of the screeches.

That said, I actually enjoyed James the most yesterday. I gotta be honest, but he retained the last semblance of a live performance. The rest was just so overlaid with backing tracks and click track precision, at times it felt like a really elaborate version of Guitar Hero.

Offline romanticrocker

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2016, 11:08:00 AM »
I’ve lost count, but I’ve seen DT close to 30 times since 92.  Last night may be the best I’ve ever heard James, at least since the very first time I saw them in 92 at the Axis in Boston.  He was absolutely incredible.  Total control and power.  I watched a lot of YouTube clips from the European tour and I thought he didn’t sound good at all. So much so I actually wasn’t looking forward to this show.  He had a lot of pitch problems even on the softer head voice stuff.  Last night though he was just on, the higher stuff didn’t sound strained, no gravel like he didn’t have to screech anything out.  Just totally nailed everything.  The whole band was killer. Mangini was on fire given it’s a home town show for him. Just a total amazing show and production from start to finish.

Couple issues - As much as I understand this is the “The Astonishing” tour, and I get the whole concept that it’s a show, they should really play 1 old song as an encore.  If they came out and played Metropolis or something last night the place would have gone complete ape shit crazy.  Only other minor complaint, when you hire a video company to design your show, give them more than 10 assets.   It got old seeing the same faces of the characters over and over.  Some of the visuals we’re incredible, some not so much. 

Security about cell phone use was way over the top.  I got yelled at for texting at my seat during intermission.  Totally ridiculous.

Agree I saw a lot of people being yelled at during intermission I was afraid to text my gf lol what are they afraid of people taking pics of the stage

Offline romanticrocker

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2016, 11:55:46 AM »
Not sure what you listened to, but James consitently struggled wth the high notes. Particularly the "I've heard the whispering of revolution.." section. Later there was even one of the screeches.

That said, I actually enjoyed James the most yesterday. I gotta be honest, but he retained the last semblance of a live performance. The rest was just so overlaid with backing tracks and click track precision, at times it felt like a really elaborate version of Guitar Hero.

I thought he sounded great for the most part when they played at the Boston opera house I thought it was just to loud could barely hear what he was singing this was the perfect volume