Author Topic: 2016-04-23 - Radio City Music Hall - Manhattan, NY MEETUP & Concert Discussion  (Read 54126 times)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
I honestly don't remember how it went last time at Radio City. I'll follow the lead of whoever had the seats in front of me.

Luckily we dont need to rely on memory, it's on video.  Youtube is a bit grainy, but almost looks like the first couple rows are standing and the rest are sitting besides certain points where everyone stands.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
I honestly don't remember how it went last time at Radio City. I'll follow the lead of whoever had the seats in front of me.

Luckily we dont need to rely on memory, it's on video.  Youtube is a bit grainy, but almost looks like the first couple rows are standing and the rest are sitting besides certain points where everyone stands.

I was in the 8th row for the SCORE filming and I was on my feet the entire time.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
Do you guys think people will sit most of the show? It would be awesome if the crowd stood.

I think so.  I'd rather stand personally, but I'm not going to stand if I am the only one.  If I had my way, I'd be rocking out up and down the isle especially since I think I am going to be nice and saucey come concert time.  Since you are making it up that day, are you going to have time to join the meet up?

Would love to, but I'm going with my dad, and that wouldn't be his cup of tea. :lol

Hopefully next time!
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
At LAX for the first leg of my trek to RCMH!
 :metal

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
At LAX for the first leg of my trek to RCMH!

Safe travels from coast to coast

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
gracias!

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
Safe flight Brotha!  Hey, I'll throw it out again, I now have an extra ticket.  My old one, ORCH 4 MM right on the aisle.  If someone can put it to use give me a shout. 

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Rebooked my hotel again and saved another $10.  I guess this Saturday night isn't a big night for NYC as the rates are super low (maybe has something to do with the awesome weather we've had lately and people wanting to get out of the city).  I think I've gotten the cheapest rate I've ever had at this hotel.

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
Rebooked my hotel again and saved another $10.  I guess this Saturday night isn't a big night for NYC as the rates are super low (maybe has something to do with the awesome weather we've had lately and people wanting to get out of the city).  I think I've gotten the cheapest rate I've ever had at this hotel.

What hotel are you at I still haven't booked yet

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

What hotel are you at I still haven't booked yet

Holiday Inn 57th St. You may find cheaper than that though, I know Greg did when we looked awhile ago, but I use IHG for work and have status so I stick with it to keep my perks (I usually get a top floor room with a view here for example and a free drink (or two if I sweet talk during check in) at the bar).

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
I re-checked availability and prices on Bookit.com, and nothing wowed me more than what I already have at the Hotel At Times Square

Offline pantsofeternity

• all ballads all the time
You are correct, I just assumed... there are more pit tickets too.... fuck I want those! but it would be a big risk of losing my money spent on some already pretty good seats.
Yeah I feel similarly... if I could just trade in my seat (in Orch 3 Row A) and pay the difference, it'd be one thing.  But I'm not gonna buy a new ticket without being sure I wouldn't eat the cost of the old one.
"There's no more freedom. The both of you will be confined to these pants." — me, to my legs, most mornings

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
You are correct, I just assumed... there are more pit tickets too.... fuck I want those! but it would be a big risk of losing my money spent on some already pretty good seats.
Yeah I feel similarly... if I could just trade in my seat (in Orch 3 Row A) and pay the difference, it'd be one thing.  But I'm not gonna buy a new ticket without being sure I wouldn't eat the cost of the old one.

I was actually surprised my friend was kind of receptive to the idea of doing that, but then I told him where we are sitting which are still pretty solid seats and he agreed that it would end up costing a good chunk of change to make that swap.  Sucks, I really wish I was sitting in the pit, but just a hard cost to justify at this point.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni

Yeah... it kinda gnaws at me a bit that I did it.  BUT.. at the end of the day I'm looking at it like this.  Both tickets combined are just a bit over the Platinum meet and greet price.  Yeah, I don't get the meet and greet but I get that quality seat ticket.  I've spent lots of money getting from Cali to NYC for this show, it's a once in a lifetime for me probably.  So, whats a few more bucks to ensure I have phenominal seats?  Just my thoughts...  like I said, it bugs me a lil, but not enough to not pull the trigger.  What I do HOPE though, is that someone can get the use out of my old ticket.  The thought of it going to waste is the worst part of the scenario.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

Yeah... it kinda gnaws at me a bit that I did it.  BUT.. at the end of the day I'm looking at it like this.  Both tickets combined are just a bit over the Platinum meet and greet price.  Yeah, I don't get the meet and greet but I get that quality seat ticket.  I've spent lots of money getting from Cali to NYC for this show, it's a once in a lifetime for me probably.  So, whats a few more bucks to ensure I have phenominal seats?  Just my thoughts...  like I said, it bugs me a lil, but not enough to not pull the trigger.  What I do HOPE though, is that someone can get the use out of my old ticket.  The thought of it going to waste is the worst part of the scenario.

If I was in your shoes, I would have done it too!  Totally worth that extra experience when you are already putting so much effort to see the show.  Plus if you got the meet and greet package youd have to get there early and cut out of time from the pre-game, and let's be serious, meet DTF or DT?  :lol

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
WORD!  Hey.. I've met DT 3 times  :biggrin:

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
You are all in for a real treat!
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
You are all in for a real treat!

:metal :metal :metal

Offline dtvoices94

I'm parking at Icon Parking on W. 47th and have to be out of there by 11:15.  When have the concerts been ending on this tour?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
I'm parking at Icon Parking on W. 47th and have to be out of there by 11:15.  When have the concerts been ending on this tour?

I would imagine you'll be fine, doors at 7 show at 8, id imagine its over before 11, maybe closer to 10:30.  But those are just my best guesses.

Offline dtvoices94

I would imagine you'll be fine, doors at 7 show at 8, id imagine its over before 11, maybe closer to 10:30.  But those are just my best guesses.

Thanks...I was thinking/(hoping) 11:00 at the latest

Offline pantsofeternity

• all ballads all the time
Yo just a general tip for out-of-towners planning to use public transportation... always wise to check https://web.mta.info/weekender.html and see what screwy changes they have going on with the subway.  There's always at least one line that's garbage on weekends.
"There's no more freedom. The both of you will be confined to these pants." — me, to my legs, most mornings

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
Or they can just ask me as I work for the MTA.   :biggrin:

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
You SIR.. are my new best friend!  :biggrin:

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!

CT was done by like 10:15.  We fucked around after the gig, one of us even made a half-assed attempt to get over near where the tour bus is, then we stood and chatted until the traffic cleared out (and I mean cleared out) and I was STILL out of the parking lot before 11:00. 

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
You SIR.. are my new best friend!  :biggrin:

;)

Offline dtvoices94

CT was done by like 10:15.  We fucked around after the gig, one of us even made a half-assed attempt to get over near where the tour bus is, then we stood and chatted until the traffic cleared out (and I mean cleared out) and I was STILL out of the parking lot before 11:00.

From one KISS Army member to another...Thanks, Stadler...Joseph KISS, Sr. would be proud.

Offline Grizz

Funny, I read this on the New Haven line.
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran

I've never ridden on the Metro North line before. How is it? Comfort wise, station conditions, etc?

Offline countoftuscany42

I'll see everyone there  :tup

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Wooo one more rebook and saved more money, saved about 100 bucks over the course of 3 rebookings this week.

So is everyone going to the Brickyard Gastropub from 3-6 tomorrow?  What are all the out of towners planning for the rest of the weekend in the big Apple?

Also, safe travels to everyone making there way to the city this weekend, weather looks to be good!

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
I'm undecided between the below two bars for early afternoon libations (tiebreaker will probably be who has a better draft list as of tonight). I'll then be making my way over to Brickyard for 3 or 4.

https://thejeffreynyc.com/
https://www.foolsgoldnyc.com/
Photobucket sucks.

Offline renan.sanchez

Hi guys!

Im selling two tickets for this venue.
Section ORCH3   Row WW   Seat 312,313

$75 each.
renan.sanchez@outlook.com

Offline Grizz

I've never ridden on the Metro North line before. How is it? Comfort wise, station conditions, etc?
I've only ever done round trips out of New Haven and West Haven so I have no complaints, as New Haven and Grand Central are obviously well maintained and West Haven is brand new. Obviously you get the caveats of mass transport (nasty bathrooms, sardeen packing during peak) but it's good for the most part, especially now with the M8s.
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Victoria gets home from her Ireland trip tonight. I really enjoyed the show in CT, much more than I thought I would, and I'd love to see this album played again before they retire it. I'm going to see if I can convince her to go to NYC tomorrow.