Author Topic: 2016-04-23 - Radio City Music Hall - Manhattan, NY MEETUP & Concert Discussion  (Read 54132 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Jackass  :lol although I was on a work trip in Europe during the last two episodes of season 4 and I had to go the illegal route to watch them because I was going nuts on the inside not being able to watch them live.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
I ran into the same problem a couple of years ago when I was in Disney. The room didn't have HBO so I downloaded the torrent later that evening.  :lol

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
To quote "The Matrix"  ... you need to unplug  ;D  Hey I'm open for about anything on concert day, been talking to Yeshaberto about a possible tour thing.  But hey, lets throw some ideas out...I'm game!

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Y'all keep me posted. Since I'll be spending the preceding days scrambling all over CT, I've left Fri and Sat in NYC wide open.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
There's a Friday's right near there. I know it's not the best option for food but it's good enough to get some drinks and appetizers. If that's something the majority would be open to then I could call ahead and let them know how many people would be coming. 

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
I plan on probably heading into the city late morning and getting brunch/drinks somewhere, and then just posting up at a bar somewhere near the venue.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline YouMakeMeSick

I plan on probably heading into the city late morning and getting brunch/drinks somewhere, and then just posting up at a bar somewhere near the venue.

Exactly my plan. My friend and I will probably hit Katz's Deli for some pastrami and then hang around the area surrounding RCMH.
The owls are not what they seem...

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
There's a Friday's right near there. I know it's not the best option for food but it's good enough to get some drinks and appetizers. If that's something the majority would be open to then I could call ahead and let them know how many people would be coming.

I'm down

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you

I'm down
I wouldn't. The last time I saw DT in NYC was 2013 during the NCAA march madness tournament. Every place was packed so we went to Fridays. It was HORRIBLE at best.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

I'm down
I wouldn't. The last time I saw DT in NYC was 2013 during the NCAA march madness tournament. Every place was packed so we went to Fridays. It was HORRIBLE at best.

Personally, I've gone to that Fridays once before and wouldn't go back, it's expensive because of location, but it's still the same Friday's food that is like 40% cheaper anywhere else.  Also, I'm kind of turned off from Fridays (a bunch in NJ so maybe not effecting the NY franchises) since they got caught swapping the top shelf liquor with bottom shelf at least in NJ so they lost my trust in buying drinks from them.

But I'm up for whatever you guys want to do since a lot of people are traveling from distances that I think it's best for those to have the strongest input and get to experience NYC on some level.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
There are plenty of places in the area. I'll see what else is there and list a bunch of them later. There's a Five Guys there, too. However, I don't think they serve alcohol and that's a must.   :lol

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
I'll leave it to you savvy NYC peeps... just gimme a meet time and place  :biggrin:

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
So long as people don't mind walking (stumbling?) a few blocks, Hell's Kitchen is three blocks straight west from RCMH, and will have better food/drink options (at better prices, with fewer tourists) than anything right near the venue.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
So long as people don't mind walking (stumbling?) a few blocks, Hell's Kitchen is three blocks straight west from RCMH, and will have better food/drink options (at better prices, with fewer tourists) than anything right near the venue.

Three blocks west is closer to my hotel so works for me (staying on 57th and 9th).  Honestly, I am game for anything, whatever works for everyone. 

Online axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
I'm probably going to the Lower East Side to hit my regular brunch spot https://www.foolsgoldnyc.com/

Game to meet up anywhere near the venue later in the day. Going to see if anyone on my beer forum has any bar recommendations.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
This place is one of the better beer bars in the area.  I've been there once before. They have 48 taps and over 40 bottled beers. If this is good for everyone, let me know. If there is going to be a lot of us, then I'll call ahead and make reservations.

https://www.valhallabarnyc.com/index.php

Online axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
^ I was just coming here to propose that exact bar.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
^ I was just coming here to propose that exact bar.

:tup 

I'll message those who expressed interest in meeting up and see how many want to come. At least this way I can call the place and give them a basic idea of how many people are coming.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Sweet, also close to my hotel.  I'll probably check in and then meet up with you guys.

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
I was going to suggest Brickyard (one block further south), but I'm not going to second-guess distinguished booze-hounds such as yourselves.
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline pantsofeternity

• all ballads all the time
Valhalla has good bar food too -- fried pickles and such.
"There's no more freedom. The both of you will be confined to these pants." — me, to my legs, most mornings

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

Never had a fried pickle before.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran

Never had a fried pickle before.

They're excellent!

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
They are pretty tasty!

Offline Zirreall

Are CroNuts really worth the wait?

Offline pantsofeternity

• all ballads all the time
LOL. I don't believe in waiting for food, especially in NYC.  If there's a wait someplace I just walk down the block to another.  The idea of waiting in line to eat something "trendy" is just anathema to me.
"There's no more freedom. The both of you will be confined to these pants." — me, to my legs, most mornings

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
LOL. I don't believe in waiting for food, especially in NYC.  If there's a wait someplace I just walk down the block to another.  The idea of waiting in line to eat something "trendy" is just anathema to me.

Not if it's just Trendy, but good food you can't find anywhere else can be worth the wait.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
I am working with a couple of the people from the fan clubs regarding the meetup. We're going to create an events invite for this on Facebook. If you don't have Facebook, let me know, and I'll see make sure everyone knows you're coming.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
I won't be going to this show, but FWIW, we met up with a bunch of people from Facebook prior to the recent Iron Maiden show at MSG.  We all went to Stout on 33rd, just up the street from MSG.  I thought it was pretty decent, YMMV.

https://www.msg.stoutnyc.com/

Never mind, for some reason, I thought this was at MSG, not RCMH.

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
I won't be going to this show, but FWIW, we met up with a bunch of people from Facebook prior to the recent Iron Maiden show at MSG.  We all went to Stout on 33rd, just up the street from MSG.  I thought it was pretty decent, YMMV.

https://www.msg.stoutnyc.com/

Never mind, for some reason, I thought this was at MSG, not RCMH.

Stout is pretty good, even if not applicable...

Online axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
I'll have to check Stout out sometime. Last time I needed a beer not far from MSG I went to a new-ish place called Haymarket that had a damn good taplist.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
I'll have to check Stout out sometime. Last time I needed a beer not far from MSG I went to a new-ish place called Haymarket that had a damn good taplist.

We got there during college football season sometimes...wife is a Texas fan, and Stout is the home-base for the UT alums on game day.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

We got there during college football season sometimes...wife is a Texas fan, and Stout is the home-base for the UT alums on game day.

Tonic for the Penn State Alums  :metal so much fun going to one of the alum bars for their college football games.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Stout was f*cking PACKED the night of the Maiden show.  It also helped that they were playing Live After Death on all the TV screens.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Just saw this from the new dt fan club on fb

Join us for a pre-show (and post show) meetup at Brickyard Gastropub!

Pre-show meetup: 3-6pm
Post show meetup: 11pm-2:00am

Brickyard has two happy hours 4-6pm and 11:00pm-3:00am, 24 craft beers on tap, an extensive list of local, domestic, and imported selections, daily cocktails and draft specials. They also have a bar and dinner menu with lots of seasonal choices.

We are celebrating the North American leg of The Astonishing Live, and our first DT USA meetup.

Everyone is welcome! Please RSVP so we know how many people to expect.